Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

This Just In - Justice Hansen Transferring

Wow! Expected? Not fitting in with Riley? http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.co...et-to-transfer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: This Just In - Justice Hansen Transferring

It was in yesterday, but buried in the QB poll thread. Most folks say it is because he is buried on the depth chart, but I haven't seen any insider explanation.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well I assume that he's at least 3rd on the depth chart, if not 4th. Plus he wasn't recruited for the current system. The worst thing about him transferring is what it says about our QB situation. We already know the ceiling with the current crop, and it isn't very high. The only question mark is Mayfield.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I think CT is more of a question mark than BM. He wasn't exactly set up to succeed, so it's not surprising he didn't. I think this may have a lot to do with the guy on his heels (Kendall).

Admittedly, I'm still confused, though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Ugh. Well this tells you a little about where the offense is going. The only guy in the spring game that made decent decisions consistently is gone. Yes it was only 10 or so throws, but he didn't toss it into quadruple coverage.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Ugh. Well this tells you a little about where the offense is going. The only guy in the spring game that made decent decisions consistently is gone. Yes it was only 10 or so throws, but he didn't toss it into quadruple coverage.
    How do you throw into quadruple coverage when you are only throwing four yards in front of or behind the line of scrimmage? Nevermind:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11720595
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Okay, so if not underthrowing the short pass, maybe overthrowing:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12094687
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

TCU, twice in the fourth quarter.

http://www.kjrh.com/sports/college-s...in-streak-ends

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sooner Caravan was in Tulsa yesterday. Here's what Bob Stoops had to say about the QB situation, among other things:

On the quarterback situation: “I was looking to announce that tonight. I marvel how at everybody knows. In the end, there is so much time between now and our first game and how they perform and work through all the summer workouts and training. And then there’s 29 practices before the first game. We’re going to make sure there’s great competition and we find out who is being the most consistent and who is making the most plays, maybe when one isn’t there. Who can avoid the disastrous play that can beat you. That’s important. So we’re going to continue to watch them and evaluate them.”
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...bef933ff8.html

For those of you that were hoping for a John Hoover vs Bob Stoops to read about, he didn't take media questions after, which he apparently hasn't done before. Probably for the best:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...142144b56.html

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Sooner Caravan was in Tulsa yesterday. Here's what Bob Stoops had to say about the QB situation, among other things:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...bef933ff8.html

For those of you that were hoping for a John Hoover vs Bob Stoops to read about, he didn't take media questions after, which he apparently hasn't done before. Probably for the best:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...142144b56.html
    Gibberish. It means nothing. His coaching is getting as bad as his public speaking.

If he's not taking questions, he probably just tired of it. He can't win, anyway - time gets all of them, every coach and player. Bob gave us many good years. As a result, we will now "owe" him a couple more 4 and 5 loss seasons the way Texas "owed" Mack when he was allowed to overstay his sinking ship.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

I still can't believe yall let David Cornwell get away. Looks like he's going to be firmly in the mix here at Bama in fall camp.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sabanball View Post
    I still can't believe yall let David Cornwell get away. Looks like he's going to be firmly in the mix here at Bama in fall camp.
    ----He will never play at Alabama

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ----He will never play at Alabama
    And you base that on what exactly? The only other viable candidate at this point is Jacob Coker,the transfer from FSU, and Cornwell so far has outperformed him in drills and in working with our receivers. Add to that Saban's glowing remarks about him recently, and I'd wager he's clearly the favorite to start against Wisconsin in our opener.
    Last edited by Sabanball; 6/13/2015 at 10:10 AM.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

Just saw that he is going to Butler County CC to play next year. He can then graduate and transfer anywhere in Div 1 with 3 years to play.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan88 View Post
    Just saw that he is going to Butler County CC to play next year. He can then graduate and transfer anywhere in Div 1 with 3 years to play.
    Smarter than sitting around as long as the kid who transferred to Syracuse and laid an egg up there did. At least get some playing experience. Kudos to Hansen.