View Poll Results: Who will be OU's starting quarterback?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trevor Knight

6 24.00%
  • Baker Mayfield

18 72.00%
  • Cody Thomas

1 4.00%
  • Justice Hansen

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: Who will be OU's starting quarterback? (with video)

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Da&!...Hansen was a 4 star (I know, I know, all the controversy over H.S. ratings). I DO NOT want to see him stay in conference. I don't think that's too much for Stoops to stipulate!
    No restrictions and full freedom. Stoops may not think so much of his skills or he has full faith in what he has that he doesn't care. I wish him the best and that he finds the spot he is looking for.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

This is a kid who couldn't work his way past the pitiful trio of Mayfield, Knight, and Thomas. What's the loss?

Just hope that the next head coach is able to hires coaches who can identify and develop QB talent a little better as of late.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    No restrictions and full freedom. Stoops may not think so much of his skills or he has full faith in what he has that he doesn't care. I wish him the best and that he finds the spot he is looking for.
    I don't think it's about his faith in Justice. I think that's what he does for everybody.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Justice was the son of a 1994 OU national championship baseball team member, so I am sure that this decision was very difficult for him and I wish him the best of luck at his future endeavors.

Here's another offseason video to influence your vote...
    https://twitter.com/_easymoney02/sta...40727164588032

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Justice was the son of a 1994 OU national championship baseball team member, so I am sure that this decision was very difficult for him and I wish him the best of luck at his future endeavors.

Here's another offseason video to influence your vote...
    https://twitter.com/_easymoney02/sta...40727164588032
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

No Justice, no peace! Wasn't that a battle cry for some social uprising recently? Just had to toss it in here.

Good luck to the young man in the future, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

so does anyone REALLY think there is actually a qb "race"? When has Stoops actually benched a former starter... I'd bet 90% chance TK is back in the starting position...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

When has Stoops actually benched a former starter
    Nate Hybl in favor of Jason White (before White's knees gave out)
    Paul Thompson in favor of Rhett Bomar (before Big Red)
    Blake Bell was probably never technically the starter, but when you wait and wait and belldoze and belldoze you probably are banking on being the next in line when Landry graduates.

But, can we really say it didn't work out for the former starters who've lost their jobs? Nate became Rose Bowl MVP; Paul got his senior year of redemption and Blake Bell recently got a half-million signing bonus from the 49ers as a tight end draft pick.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    so does anyone REALLY think there is actually a qb "race"? When has Stoops actually benched a former starter... I'd bet 90% chance TK is back in the starting position...
    Has he ever been in this kind of situation? Bob has never been on the hot-seat

Furthermore, we usually have an an NFL or Heisman-level QB like Heupel, Bradford, White, or Landry, so it makes sense that those guys aren't getting dethroned. I'd say the only time we've been in similar QB situations have involved QB's being benched...PT benched for Bomar and TK benched for Bell, who was later rebenched (I know injuries played a role, but it went beyond that).

vCash

E: None of the above?
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Da&!...Hansen was a 4 star (I know, I know, all the controversy over H.S. ratings). I DO NOT want to see him stay in conference. I don't think that's too much for Stoops to stipulate!
    He'd have to sit 2 years if he went in-conference, which he isn't going to do.