Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: 2015 Schedule poster....

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    True...the WVU loss would have complicated things, and this was a weird year in general. I think it's bad practice to make knee-jerk decisions for the future based off of a weird season. Bottom line is that if OU wins conference outright and has 1 loss or less, we're getting in 9 out of 10 times, and the non-conference isn't likely to make a difference. Perhaps a 1 loss TCU gets the bid in the situation I mentioned, but I doubt that having beaten a lower-level P5 instead of Tulsa would have made much difference.
    I'll agree that's true with 1 caveat - that we don't play a non-conference schedule like Baylor. The committee gave Baylor a clear message about it's non-conference schedule by keeping TCU above them until the last week of the season even though they won the head-to-head. Meanwhile, TCU got tons of credit just for playing Minnesota.

But we have never played a Baylor-ish non-conference schedule and doesn't look like we will in the near future, so that shouldn't be an issue.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: 2015 Schedule poster....

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I'll agree that's true with 1 caveat - that we don't play a non-conference schedule like Baylor. The committee gave Baylor a clear message about it's non-conference schedule by keeping TCU above them until the last week of the season even though they won the head-to-head. Meanwhile, TCU got tons of credit just for playing Minnesota.

But we have never played a Baylor-ish non-conference schedule and doesn't look like we will in the near future, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Completely agree. I think we can throw the caveat out, though, assuming that we always have a P5 team of some sort (even if it's only a team like Tennessee this year) in our schedule, and I think we always will for the foreseeable future.