Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

2015 Schedule poster....

I have looked all over, but cannot find where to purchase one. Does anybody know where I could find one? Thanks!

https://twitter.com/SportPosterSwag/...213760/photo/1
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - President John F. Kennedy

Got mine from Mrs. Perine..sadly not autographed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 2015 Schedule poster....

Perhaps they don't want to advertise to all the fans how crappy the home sched is this year. Anyone remember a season with this many no names at home?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Perhaps they don't want to advertise to all the fans how crappy the home sched is this year. Anyone remember a season with this many no names at home?
    We had this exact same home schedule 2 years ago minus Akron (2013 it was LA. Monroe)
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

1999: Indiana State
    2000: UTEP, Arkansas State, Rice
    2001: North Carolina, Air Force, North Texas
    2002: Alabama, UTEP, South Florida
    2003: North Texas, Fresno State, UCLA
    2004: Bowling Green, Houston, Oregon
    2005: TCU and Tulsa
    2006: UAB, Washington, Middle Tennessee State
    2007: North Texas, Miami, Utah State
    2008: Tennessee-Chattanooga (did I spell it right? ), Cincinnati, and TCU
    2009: Idaho State and Tulsa...(BYU at JerryWorld in Arlington)
    2010: Utah State, Florida State, and Air Force
    2011: Tulsa and Ball State
    2012: Florida A&M - yes, Florida A&M - and Notre Dame...(UTEP on the road that season...sheesh.)
    2013: ULM and Tulsa
    2014: La Tech and Tennessee
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    1999: Indiana State
    2000: UTEP, Arkansas State, Rice
    2001: North Carolina, Air Force, North Texas
    2002: Alabama, UTEP, South Florida
    2003: North Texas, Fresno State, UCLA
    2004: Bowling Green, Houston, Oregon
    2005: TCU and Tulsa
    2006: UAB, Washington, Middle Tennessee State
    2007: North Texas, Miami, Utah State
    2008: Tennessee-Chattanooga (did I spell it right? ), Cincinnati, and TCU
    2009: Idaho State and Tulsa...(BYU at JerryWorld in Arlington)
    2010: Utah State, Florida State, and Air Force
    2011: Tulsa and Ball State
    2012: Florida A&M - yes, Florida A&M - and Notre Dame...(UTEP on the road that season...sheesh.)
    2013: ULM and Tulsa
    2014: La Tech and Tennessee
    2015's Akron and Tulsa is about par for the course, then. We don't get big names in very often. During Stoops' tenure, I'd count just a handfuls of what I'd consider first tier programs in Norman:

Alabama in 2002 (which had already been scheduled by Steve Owens), Miami in 2007, Florida State in 2010, Notre Dame in 2012, and Tennessee in 2014.

Although we hire like Mike Leach these days, we haven't fully succumbed to scheduling like him.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Other observations - we thankfully washed our hands of North Texas, it seems. We need to do the same with Tulsa. Playing TU proves nothing. The TU game is like a gift card for a birthday gift, bought hurriedly on the way to the party.

Would like...no, love...a series versus Arkansas. We and they both have plenty of space in 2022 and beyond. Hook it up, please.

From SEC would also like futures against Florida and Georgia. Would love to see Michigan State and Penn State in a series as well.

Future Series that will be good:
    Ohio State: 2016 and 2017
    Michigan: 2025 and 2026
    LSU: 2027 and 2028

Future Series that will be 'meh':
    Houston: 2016 and 2019
    UCLA: 2018 and 2019
    Nebraska: 2021 and 2022...and, I say this as someone who grew up in the 70s and 80s glued to the OU-Nebraska rivalry. It died when Donnie Duncan sold Nebraska up the river to save his buddies in the dying Southwest Conference. F-you forever, Duncan.

Future Series that are pointless:
    Tulane: 2017 and 2021
    Army (...still minus Doc Blanchard): 2018 and 2020

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We should play Tulsa every year, and our match-ups with Nebraska and UCLA are a lot more than "meh."

vCash

Other observations - we thankfully washed our hands of North Texas, it seems. We need to do the same with Tulsa. Playing TU proves nothing. The TU game is like a gift card for a birthday gift, bought hurriedly on the way to the party.

Would like...no, love...a series versus Arkansas. We and they both have plenty of space in 2022 and beyond. Hook it up, please.

From SEC would also like futures against Florida and Georgia. Would love to see Michigan State and Penn State in a series as well.

Future Series that will be good:
    Ohio State: 2016 and 2017
    Michigan: 2025 and 2026
    LSU: 2027 and 2028

Future Series that will be 'meh':
    Houston: 2016 and 2019
    UCLA: 2018 and 2019
    Nebraska: 2021 and 2022...and, I say this as someone who grew up in the 70s and 80s glued to the OU-Nebraska rivalry. It died when Donnie Duncan sold Nebraska up the river to save his buddies in the dying Southwest Conference. F-you forever, Duncan.

Future Series that are pointless:
    Tulane: 2017 and 2021
    Army (...still minus Doc Blanchard): 2018 and 2020
    The 2018 one-off game with Florida Atlantic is the Waiter, There's A Fly In My Soup game...please, remove it and replace it with a real football program...even a semi-real one would work.

2018 will already be spare enough with Army and UCLA's constant Jekyll and Hyde act. Throwing Florida Atlantic into that weak mix is just punishment to season ticket holders for the price of admission...can't even sell those tickets to the opposing team's families for half face value. They know it's garbage as well...they (somehow) sit through it for four seasons while their sons pretend to play college football. Absolute crapola.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    We should play Tulsa every year, and our match-ups with Nebraska and UCLA are a lot more than "meh."
    North Texas is just 100 or so miles to the South, son. They'd surely love Tulsa every year and have unnecessary sports boners for hapless Nebraska and UCLA. I'm sure they don't have a season ticket waiting list...give them a call.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'd far prefer playing Tulsa to playing the likes of La Tech. Tulsa plays decent football (and, looking at you Domer) sometimes pulls out a surprise. It is also a cost effective 'road' game and a great opportunity to see the Sooners for those who can't make a distant locale.
    Unless/Until the rankings start rewarding SOS, then it makes no sense to load the schedule with only heavy foes.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Here you go...http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/conf...mean-green.php

North Texas looks like it has an extended series with SMU, the Lone State State's answer to Tulsa, and Army. Woo-hoo! It's 1945 again! May the ghosts of Doc Blanchard and Doak Walker be with you!

Here's a link to their ticket office: http://www.meangreensports.com/tickets/

Looks like you can pick up season tickets for all the crappy football you can handle starting at just $50 a seat. Aptly priced for North Texas/Tulsa/SMU-like football. I'd bet you can still get seats on row one...close enough to scare what passes for their football team and coaching staff.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 5/27/2015 at 03:38 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I'd far prefer playing Tulsa to playing the likes of La Tech. Tulsa plays decent football (and, looking at you Domer) sometimes pulls out a surprise. It is also a cost effective 'road' game and a great opportunity to see the Sooners for those who can't make a distant locale.
    Unless/Until the rankings start rewarding SOS, then it makes no sense to load the schedule with only heavy foes.
    Did 2014 not occur? Someone, quick! Phone Baylor and TCU! Their crappy schedules and reputations meant nothing after all!

Anyway, we never have scheduled heavy foes with any regularity. That was the point made to birddog: nothing to see here; business as usual in 2015.

vCash

I'm aware the noncon has been weak for a long time. Just meant all the "good" games are on the road.

vCash

Let's see Akron and Tulsa in September...West Virginia and Texas Tech in October...Iowa State and TCU in November....

Nope! Yoda, you are a liar! birddog is correct, all of the "good" games are on the road. Tennessee in September, Texas in October...and...and.... Yeah both good games in 2015 are pretty much on the road.

Good call, birddog.

vCash

Look when the premiere home game is tcu there's a problem. At least a few years ago we had Nebraska, a@m, and mizzou to balance out the weak schedule.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Look when the premiere home game is tcu there's a problem. At least a few years ago we had Nebraska, a@m, and mizzou to balance out the weak schedule.
    Agree, 100%.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Did 2014 not occur? Someone, quick! Phone Baylor and TCU! Their crappy schedules and reputations meant nothing after all!

Anyway, we never have scheduled heavy foes with any regularity. That was the point made to birddog: nothing to see here; business as usual in 2015.
    So,
    1. You agree with me.
    2. Granting all the above and assuming we're going to continue scheduling as we have for at least the last 15 years, then I'll take a decentish local foe with a friendly fan-base over a truly horrible team with random jerkwad fans.
    3. But I'm not going all jihad about it. All I ask is that my Sooners win each game. The rest will take care of itself.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I like having the Tulsa game for a million reasons. It's such a long list that I'm not even sure I want to start.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    So,
    1. You agree with me.
    2. Granting all the above and assuming we're going to continue scheduling as we have for at least the last 15 years, then I'll take a decentish local foe with a friendly fan-base over a truly horrible team with random jerkwad fans.
    3. But I'm not going all jihad about it. All I ask is that my Sooners win each game. The rest will take care of itself.
    Yeah, let's compare La. Tech and Tulsa of late:
    -La. Tech, 2014: 9-5, bowl win, third winning season in four years
    -Tulsa, 2014: 2-10, second losing season in a row

The bonus of La. Tech is that we don't have to go play in their crappy, imitation football stadium every few years the way we've inexplicably done for Tulsa, robbing us an out of conference home game.

Going to Tulsa is as much of a time waste as putting them on the schedule. Once a decade, at our stadium, would be plenty.