Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Meet The Press...

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    And those to the right that support this family because they are just being good Christians - how would you react if this were a Muslim family? Or even a Jewish or Mormon family?
    So basically, you are calling everyone on the right...racist.

Let me know how that works out for you, prick!

FTR...I DGAS what race they are...if they have a ton of kids and can support them on their own...more power to 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post

FTR...I DGAS what race they are...if they have a ton of kids and can support them on their own...more power to 'em!
    Agree. As long as they're not diddling each other and kids from other circles and then trying to cover it up. That's illegal. We have certain laws on the books.

Molestation is a learned behavior, generally. Right?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Just where did I mention race? I'm implying folks are skewing their views on the implications of rampant reproduction based on religion. And I formatted it as a question so you could fill in your view and call me a name. You're welcome. I shouldn't have said "right" because there are plenty of Christians on both sides that I would speculate would answer the same. But on this forum, it seems to be postulated that the right are Christians and the left are those waging war on Christians - just trying to follow protocol.

I also don't care what religion they are either - having 19 kids is obscene if it is culturally encouraged.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Boulder...I will apologize for using prick...probably uncalled for. I have to admit that I get a little touchy when people paint with such broad brushes and just assume that everyone from a certain race, religion, political affiliation, education, or just a group in general all think the same way...it is irresponsible and short sighted.

It is not just this board that paints the right as "evangelical"...society in general does the same thing. As far as the left waging war on Christians...I don't know if "war" is the correct term, but there is certainly a movement to limit the effect of Christianity in this country...schools, public spaces, or government. There was a poll that less American are evangelical in general today...in my mind, all of this is tied together. For better or worse (depending on your personal beliefs), this country is moving away from religion as a whole.

I don't know if I consider one family with a reality television show as the definition of "culturally encouraged"...that's like saying the Teen Mom on MTV makes being a teenage mom culturally encouraged. Isolated instances that are far from cultural encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

you say that like the country moving away from religion is a bad thing

it has no business in schools, public spaces or government. not on my dime, anyway.

i have no problem with the Duggers being Christian, or having 19 kids, or being on TV, but the idea that the church needs to handle something like diddling kids before the cops? that's ****ed up. i guess they learned by watching the pope.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Boulder...I will apologize for using prick...probably uncalled for. I have to admit that I get a little touchy when people paint with such broad brushes and just assume that everyone from a certain race, religion, political affiliation, education, or just a group in general all think the same way...it is irresponsible and short sighted.

It is not just this board that paints the right as "evangelical"...society in general does the same thing. As far as the left waging war on Christians...I don't know if "war" is the correct term, but there is certainly a movement to limit the effect of Christianity in this country...schools, public spaces, or government. There was a poll that less American are evangelical in general today...in my mind, all of this is tied together. For better or worse (depending on your personal beliefs), this country is moving away from religion as a whole.

I don't know if I consider one family with a reality television show as the definition of "culturally encouraged"...that's like saying the Teen Mom on MTV makes being a teenage mom culturally encouraged. Isolated instances that are far from cultural encouragement.
    I'm one that agrees we need to limit Christianity in the form of laws. I consider it one of those slippery slope issues and we must be constantly vigilant to avoid incremental intrusion. I think devout Christians are (understandably) biased to see this as pushing away from Christianity when the real goal should be status quo of something that is working pretty well. We are *not* a Christian nation; we are a Christian majority nation. It is reasonable to expect Christian ethics are supported by the laws of a majority Christian democracy, but I consider it imperative to avoid rote Christian doctrine. i have no doubt that if every Christian derived law whizzed through the legislature because of the majority status we would soon resemble the middle east with it's powerful clerics running the show. Then the tension would not be between Christians and non-Christians as that issue would be resolved. It would become a conflict between the different flavors of Christians just like it has become between the Sunni and Shiites. Because it is ultimately a battle of power and control. Catholic vs. Baptist anyone? Sounds far fetched but people haven't fundamentally changed and there is plenty of history to support such a scenario.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    you say that like the country moving away from religion is a bad thing

it has no business in schools, public spaces or government. not on my dime, anyway.

i have no problem with the Duggers being Christian, or having 19 kids, or being on TV, but the idea that the church needs to handle something like diddling kids before the cops? that's ****ed up. i guess they learned by watching the pope.
    I agree with this 100 percent!

This also goes for the lefts indoctrination efforts too. It has no business in schools, public space or government, not on my dime.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    I agree with this 100 percent!

This also goes for the lefts indoctrination efforts too. It has no business in schools, public space or government, not on my dime.
    Can you elaborate on examples of the indoctrination you reference?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Can you elaborate on examples of the indoctrination you reference?
    Pick any of the lefts hot buttons and go from there, GBLT etc.

Plus schools show that damn inaccurate propaganda movie, An Inconvenient Truth that said the polar ice caps would be gone in 5 years. Movie was made in 2006 and the ice caps are still there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Pick any of the lefts hot buttons and go from there, GBLT etc.

Plus schools show that damn inaccurate propaganda movie, An Inconvenient Truth that said the polar ice caps would be gone in 5 years. Movie was made in 2006 and the ice caps are still there.
    That movie was silly.

I think I'm looking more for real examples like evolution v. big bang. I think there are more examples of the realities of school book economics seeing a migration toward a right wing history akin to that kooky movie by Dinesh D'Souza RE American Exceptionalism.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    That movie was silly.

I think I'm looking more for real examples like evolution v. big bang. I think there are more examples of the realities of school book economics seeing a migration toward a right wing history akin to that kooky movie by Dinesh D'Souza RE American Exceptionalism.
    The point is that schools should be dedicated to teaching the 3 "R's" as they used to say.

The rest should be after school activities.