Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Meet The Press...

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Whatever. The War on Christmas is laughable. I personally am tired of a subset of Christians showing their arses on behalf of my religion. Think about how Christ would operate in our world and act accordingly. I always think back to the quote from St. Francis of Assisi "go out and preach the gospel. Use words if necessary." If many of the Christians that I interact with are relying on their actions, they're doing it wrong.
    Please provide examples of "a subset of Christians showing their arses on behalf of my religion". I suspect your description of these individuals "showing their arses" amounts to you disagreeing with their interpretation of the Scriptures. If you intended to say that they are acting hypocritically then I suspect those who espouse the tenets of "your" religion do also.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Fred Phelps & Co., Terry Jones, Tom Vineyard. Do you really need links?

PS: The Duggars and their never ending uterus. That whole thing reminded me of the fight scene in Anchorman. That really got out of hand quick.

vCash

PS: The Duggars and their never ending uterus. That whole thing reminded me of the fight scene in Anchorman. That really got out of hand quick.
    Are you going to run with the notion that the examples you provided prove anything about most Christians? That's not a "subset" of Christians. That's a small speck of wacko idiots that the liberals love to use to condemn the entire religion. That is so weak...and old....and intellectually bankrupt.

And what do you mean when you post "never ending uterus"? Is having a lot of kids a bad thing?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I don't think they prove anything about Christians. However, the wackos paint American Christians with the brush for the rest of the world and our day to day world of non-believers and quasi-believers. If you think some 19 year old hasn't turned away from religion because of these wackos then you're wrong.

I'm not speaking as a liberal. I'm speaking as a former Sunday School teacher and church Treasurer.

vCash

I don't think they prove anything about Christians. However, the wackos paint American Christians with the brush for the rest of the world and our day to day world of non-believers and quasi-believers. If you think some 19 year old hasn't turned away from religion because of these wackos then you're wrong.

I'm not speaking as a liberal. I'm speaking as a former Sunday School teacher and church Treasurer.
    If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

A nation without a strong sense of spirituality is a dying nation.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 5/26/2015 at 09:16 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or didn't wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

Yup
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or didn't wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

Weak answer. A. The age from 16 to 25 is where spiritual development happens except for people who've been fully indoctrinated. I think people who grow through this period and come to the Word in that manner is a faith with much more foundation that has been thought through. B. Christianity aims to reach out to all - indoctrinated and not. Correct?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Are you going to run with the notion that the examples you provided prove anything about most Christians? That's not a "subset" of Christians. That's a small speck of wacko idiots that the liberals love to use to condemn the entire religion. That is so weak...and old....and intellectually bankrupt.

And what do you mean when you post "never ending uterus"? Is having a lot of kids a bad thing?
    Very well said, and OF COURSE having many children is a bad thing. Why would you think it's not!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not speaking as a liberal.
    You're a ****ing joke is what you are and a gigantic ***** as well. Typical lib that thinks he knows everything, but don't know **** about ****. I'll ask again, why don't you find another forum that would suck on your labia for all the flaming lib **** you post?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Weak answer. A. The age from 16 to 25 is where spiritual development happens except for people who've been fully indoctrinated. I think people who grow through this period and come to the Word in that manner is a faith with much more foundation that has been thought through. B. Christianity aims to reach out to all - indoctrinated and not. Correct?
    Indoctrinated? That's a strange term to describe a faith in Christ. I think spiritual development actually happens after that age range if you aren't already committed to following the principles of Christianity. My experience has been that people tire of seeking answers in the secular world and desire a more spiritually meaningful life.

Without a spiritual compass life-guiding principles are nothing but the opinions of other human beings who may or may not be more intelligent or enlightened than me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    You're a ****ing joke is what you are and a gigantic ***** as well. Typical lib that thinks he knows everything, but don't know **** about ****. I'll ask again, why don't you find another forum that would suck on your labia for all the flaming lib **** you post?
    F. U. C. K.

O. F. F.

vCash

Indoctrinated? That's a strange term to describe a faith in Christ. I think spiritual development actually happens after that age ranfe if you aren't already committed to following the principles of Christianity. My experienxe is that people tire of seeking answers in the secular world and desire a more spiritual meaningful life.

Without a spiritual compass guiding principles are nothing but the opinions of other human beings who may or may not be more intelligent or enlightened than me.
    I guess that is a hot button word to you guys. My kids are indoctrinated in that Sunday is for church, they can recite the Apostles Creed, etc. young adulthood is when they have to merge what they were taught with their world. I agree with you about the guiding principles.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

If a 19 year old turns away from Christianity because of what Fred phelps did then the 19 year old wasn't exposed to the true tenets of Christianity or wasn't serious about accepting Christ in the first place.

Exactly. Probably moreso that the parents weren't fully engaged in it at home; that's where spirituality normal begins.

If a 19 year old thinks Fred Phelps is in any way Christian, then the 19 year old knows nothing about Christianity.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

The never ending uterus comment is pretty crass, judgmental, and basically uncalled for...WTF you to decide how many children a woman should have? At least the family supports themselves...I mean, it's not like it's some woman on subsistence and spitting out 6 different kids from 6 different fathers just to increase he benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

They also are exponentially expanding their worldview that apparently involves things like incest, molestation and covering it up. Good job!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

They also are exponentially expanding their worldview that apparently involves things like incest, molestation and covering it up. Good job!
    Wake me when such a person flees the country to avoid prosecution, then is lauded universally by those in his industry.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Yep, because the entire family should be condemned for the actions of one of their kids when he was 14 years old. Of course I could have predicted this would happen when the show first started. Once a family that professes to be Chrisitian gains wide spread public recognition the long knives of the left come out. Of course Bill Clinton can hang out with rich guys convicted of child prostitution and the same liberals never utter a peep.

vCash

If you have 19 kids, the odds are at least one is going to be broken. Just trying to handle that many in 1 family may well increase the odds. I'm just glad that not many women in the US think it's a good idea to max out their reproductive output or we would have a pretty s.hitty place to live pretty quickly. I found it disgusting that this family made of living out of being huge. Fortunately, reality show ratings can only support a very limited number of these situations (like maybe one). And those to the right that support this family because they are just being good Christians - how would you react if this were a Muslim family? Or even a Jewish or Mormon family?

vCash

Yep, because the entire family should be condemned for the actions of one of their kids when he was 14 years old. Of course I could have predicted this would happen when the show first started. Once a family that professes to be Chrisitian gains wide spread public recognition the long knives of the left come out. Of course Bill Clinton can hang out with rich guys convicted of child prostitution and the same liberals never utter a peep.
    You should totally encarta hypocrisy. Mama June got just as cancelled.

vCash

...Once a family that professes to be Chrisitian gains wide spread public recognition the long knives of the left come out. Of course Bill Clinton can hang out with rich guys convicted of child prostitution and the same liberals never utter a peep.
    and, the Left never seems to notice the above, in addition to so many other examples of the democrats behaving badly, illegally or treasonously, or all 3.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.