Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Keith Ford transferring

Looks like it's official, he's going to Aggieland.

“I’m going to Aggieland,” Ford said to 247Sports Thursday night. “What really helped me come to my decision was when I sat down with Coach (Kevin) Sumlin. It didn’t sound like it was rehearsed or anything. He was just talking to me man-to-man and laid out his expectations for me. He also wanted me to believe in him. After I heard all of that I was like, ‘Yea, I’m coming here.’ I can’t wait to get up there.”
    He will have to sit out the 2015 season.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    No, we need to step onto the field. And, when we get our as*ses handed to us 4 to 6 times again, more people will wake up and start paying attention.
    What is it with you? Did Bob Screw yer wife er sompun?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

OK, Keith Ford. I always pulled for you, but don't badmouth your old school when they gave you plenty of opportunities and helped with your transfer. I somehow doubt that you were academically suspended because you didn't have tutors and things available to you. Good luck in Aggieland and kindly shut your piehole. You showed a lot more promise than Brandon Williams did, and I think you will do well in the SEC if you can hold onto the football.

vCash

I have absolutely no respect for someone who voluntarily associates themselves with that m'r f'n sh*thole.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Barry Switzer was not a GA. He was a position coach, and OU hired him to be the offensive coordinator.

Yes, Riley worse than Josh. Easily. He coached in a far inferior conference and, even then, wasn't producing better offenses than Josh. Temple held ECU to 10 points last season. Temple.

Gundy is now misplaced. He always had a running back ready from unknowns like Quentin Griffin to walkons like Allen Patrick and Dominique Whaley. Now, the position is held in such low regard that they've stuck Jay Boulware on it. You know, Jay Boulware, the tight ends coach whose tight ends weren't producing. And, he handled special teams that were - to put it mildly - not so special.

In fact, they've taken Boulware and glommed three duties on him now - running backs, fullbacks, and still special teams. He couldn't coach two positions worth a crap, now they have him coaching three?

And, you want to argue that the running back coach position is in better shape fro 2015 than in 2014?

He's lost. Bob Stoops is absolutely lost. Jay Boulware, of any of the 2014 coaches, is one who should have been cut loose. But, here is he taking the place of the only coach on the offensive side of the ball who consistently had guys ready last year...and, every year he coached running backs.

Crazy.
    Is this a bad time to point out that Blake Bell got drafted in the fourth round as a TE, after only one year at the position?

Saban and Meyer dominate CFB right now. Stoops isn't near that level, but it's not clear that anybody else is either, over the long term. Fisher and Malzahn are also up there, but haven't done it consistently for as long. Since there's no way we can hire one of those four, what can we do? Those guys are also all the masterminds of their offensive or defensive systems (unlike Stoops who does not seem to be nearly as involved in game-planing/playcalling) and more or less run the show, so it's not clear that you can replicate their success by hiring people from their staff. Lots of guys who worked with them have gotten HC jobs elsewhere and looked pretty average.

Part of the reason those guys are able to win consistently is because they are personally responsible for so much of what their teams do on either offense or defense (depending on which side of the ball they work on), that they can lose assistant coaches and it doesn't affect them as much. All they need to do is get a competent coordinator to handle the other side of the ball, and a bunch of position coaches who can recruit and teach good technique, and they're good. Bob, on the other hand, relies on his coordinators a lot more. Which kind of sets you up to fail, because eventually if you're successful (like we were during the 2000s), people are going to hire those guys away to be HC's, and then you're looking losing any strategic advantage you used to have unless you can make another homerun hire.
    Last edited by graphster; 5/22/2015 at 09:59 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

PROLLY SO!

Good thing our lives don't depend upon winning NC's
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    and (e) and then re-punt after an opponent penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I wasn't going for humor. Some posters have stated they get angry every time they get reminded of that play, so I was providing an opportunity to vent and cleanse their soul. A community service posting, if you will.
    Here I was thinking you couldn't get any funnier, but you did!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Yes, Riley worse than Josh. Easily. He coached in a far inferior conference and, even then, wasn't producing better offenses than Josh. Temple held ECU to 10 points last season. Temple.

Gundy is now misplaced. He always had a running back ready from unknowns like Quentin Griffin to walkons like Allen Patrick and Dominique Whaley. Now, the position is held in such low regard that they've stuck Jay Boulware on it. You know, Jay Boulware, the tight ends coach whose tight ends weren't producing. And, he handled special teams that were - to put it mildly - not so special.

In fact, they've taken Boulware and glommed three duties on him now - running backs, fullbacks, and still special teams. He couldn't coach two positions worth a crap, now they have him coaching three?

And, you want to argue that the running back coach position is in better shape fro 2015 than in 2014?

He's lost. Bob Stoops is absolutely lost. Jay Boulware, of any of the 2014 coaches, is one who should have been cut loose. But, here is he taking the place of the only coach on the offensive side of the ball who consistently had guys ready last year...and, every year he coached running backs.

Crazy.
    Or you could say these things about those exact points, and have just as valid an opinion:

ECU scored multiple times against the #4 D in the country - and they did it with generally less athletic players than we typically have here at OU.

Gundy is the guy who kept having defection of our highest rated RBs, so "displacement" may be the answer. We get to keep him as a recruiter, which is where he shines the brightest.

Bouleware coached Blake Bell and Ripkowski into NFL draft picks; Whether the TEs were well used is more of a reflection on the OC. And the re-kick we all like to mention so much - that isn't completely on Bouleware, either. His ST got the Pokes stuck on their own 15, I'd call that a success.

All this doesn't mean you're wrong, or that i'm right - it's just an exchange of opinions. It's how we learn, right - listening to someone else? How can one learn anything from repeating his/her own opinion?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Would this also be a bad time to point out that Temple had the #6 scoring defense in the country last year?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mainline13 View Post
    Gundy is the guy who kept having defection of our highest rated RBs, so "displacement" may be the answer. We get to keep him as a recruiter, which is where he shines the brightest.
    My only nitpick here is that we watched these kids carry the ball at OU in games. I don't care what some of these guys were rated out of high school, they weren't very good at the college level. A good example is Jermie Calhoun - he had zero vision (1/2 of his carries he just ran into the pile). He then transfers to Angelo State where he only started as a Senior and totaled 930 yards and 5 TDs. That was bad evaluation by a lot of people and we were the ones that got burned by it (the experts that year were horrendous - https://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/fo...gs/rank-1821/0).

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

All this doesn't mean you're wrong, or that i'm right - it's just an exchange of opinions. It's how we learn, right - listening to someone else? How can one learn anything from repeating his/her own opinion?
    It's all good. It's the Internet. By all means share your opinion and then watch it be exchanged out for the correct one, hehe For example...

Bouleware coached Blake Bell and Ripkowski into NFL draft picks
    I'd give the players far more credit on that front and I cannot be happier for either, unless they were both with my Green Bay Packers. Ripkowski was a walk-on who earned every snap he got and Bell had to transfer positions to stay at OU, so he did and he made the most of it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by graphster View Post
    Would this also be a bad time to point out that Temple had the #6 scoring defense in the country last year?
    Don't bring facts to an argument on the internet. You'll screw it up.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mainline13 View Post
    Practice makes perfect.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

How many times do I have to say OU will win another title during my lifetime for it to become true? I am feeling incredibly left out, having not moved to Oklahoma until 2001

I will recite it daily if necessary

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    How many times do I have to say OU will win another title during my lifetime for it to become true? I am feeling incredibly left out, having not moved to Oklahoma until 2001

I will recite it daily if necessary
    Just eat your vegetables.