Yahoo - RB Keith Ford transferring from Oklahoma (Dr. Saturday)

Running back Keith Ford announced Wednesday that he's transferring from Oklahoma. "The past 2 years with the Oklahoma Sooners has been a great experience, however after my injury last season I never fully recovered," Ford said in a statement. "Since that time I have had a chance to evaluate my role at OU with my family and have decided it is time to start a new chapter. Despite what the suspension was about I am currently academically eligible to transfer according NCAA rules to another university and have been given a full release by OU. I would like to thank [coach Bob Stoops] and [running backs coach Cale Gundy] for all of their support and I wish the Sooners the best of luck next season." Ford was the Sooners' leading rusher through the first three games of 2014. However, he broke a fibula against Tennessee and missed five games. He finished with 71 carries for 392 yards and five touchdowns. He was indefinitely suspended from the team in March for academic and team rule violations. After his suspension, Ford's parents said he hadn't fully recovered physically or mentally from the injury.* The injury paved the way for Samaje Perine's star turn. The freshman running back seized the starting role and finished with 1,713 yards and 21 touchdowns. He broke the NCAA single-game rushing record with 427 yards in a win over Kansas. Ford was a four-star recruit in the class of 2013 and the No. 7 running back in the country according to Rivals . He was the No. 6 recruit in the state of Texas. He played as a true freshman in 2013 and will have two years of eligibility at his new school after sitting out a season. Without Ford, Oklahoma returns Perine and Alex Ross, the team's second-leading rusher. The Sooners also signed four-star running back Rodney Anderson in the class of 2015. For more Oklahoma news, visit SoonerScoop.com. - - - - - - - Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @NickBromberg

More...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Yahoo - RB Keith Ford transferring from Oklahoma (Dr. Saturday)

and Mixon...
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.