Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Phil Steele's preseason top 25 projections

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    It might just be me, but I'd be willing to bet that there's pretty much nobody outside Muschamp's immediate family who think quite that highly of him.
    You're right. I forgot Muschamp had a year that good at Florida, so I mistakenly remembered it as Meyer. Still an impressive season, though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    As big of a chuckle as I'm getting out of your grammatical proficiency?
    Probably not. Which is awkward, because it's weird that you laugh so hard over typos.

...and way to go all fanboy on Charlie Strong. Impressive!
    Of course. It's always one extreme or the other.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Probably not. Which is awkward, because it's weird that you laugh so hard over typos.
    More like laugh at someone trying so very hard to earn some innerweb cred by playing (poorly) the smartest guy in the room role, and yet as he attempts to school others, can't properly construct a sentence himself.

...and who fumbled his whole point because he didn't know Muschamp was the Florida coach that Charlie beat.

Anyway, if your angle is going to be the smartest guy in the room role, might wanna have your crap together - it plays better that way.
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 5/26/2015 at 12:37 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

So you're an arse-hole to everyone. And here I thought I was special.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I forgot Muschamp had a year that good at Florida, so I mistakenly remembered it as Meyer
    I only remember it because Nick Saban whined that he had to win the SEC title game to make the BCS despite being division champ blah blah. Muschamp said that if Saban didn't want to be in the SEC title game that Florida would gladly take his spot. Saban shut up.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ban-let-switch

Just another season where the SEC is a giant circle jerk of a bunch of above average teams winning and losing to other above average teams so therefore, the entire conference is above average. Gah.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    More like laugh at someone trying so very hard to earn some innerweb cred by playing (poorly) the smartest guy in the room role
    Hello pot...

...and who fumbled his whole point because he didn't know Muschamp was the Florida coach that Charlie beat.
    My whole point? If you think my whole point was that Strong beat Meyer, then your comprehension is lacking. He still beat the #3 team in the country in a BCS bowl, and went 23-3 over his final two seasons at Louisville. That, at the very least, is remotely impressive.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

My top three would be
    Ohio St
    TCU
    Auburn

I'm actually pretty bearish on my Tide this year. We have lots of talent as we always do under Saban, but we are extremely raw and undeveloped in too many important positions, and our schedule is one of the toughest in the country. We'll lose three ball games this year, perhaps a fourth in what I think will be a rebuilding season. I'm extremely optimistic though about our prospects in 2016.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

We'll lose three ball games this year, perhaps a fourth in what I think will be a rebuilding season
    Don't you just loathe how a 3-4 loss season puts you at 3rd or 4th in your division, almighty SEC West?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse but... tee hee state of Texas. The power programs are now TCU and Baylor, not Texas and Texas A&M. When whorn and aggy are asked about recently accomplishments, the list is short but clever: Fired Mack Brown, second-best in SEC... head coaching pay.
    Since 1969, there has only been one consensus national champion from Texas - the 2005 Longhorns. Take the Longhorns out of the equation and you have to go back to, I think, 1939 with Texas Aggy.

Look, although my family is Okie, I live in Texas. There are many things to like about the state. However, the overstated value of the Texas and A&M football programs is not one of them.

And, look...in places like Dallas, Houston, etc. the suburbs are filled to the brim with people not born in Texas. As of the 1990 - 1990! - Census over half of the Collin County (Plano, best suburb back then) population was born outside of Texas.

If it was over 50% 25 years ago, it's surely a much higher rate of non-natives making up the population now. And, our governors have been actively recruiting out of state businesses to move here for the better past of the last three decades. So, Texas welcomes eating itself and surrendering its f'ed up identity anyway. Styrofoam dick forks.

The point is, fewer and fewer people in Texas give a flying rip about the Longhorns and Aggies. ESPN can hype them up all they want. Neither has ever produced championship caliber football teams with any hint of regularity. LHN was the biggest con job of the century. Got to hand it to DeLoss.

Screw Texas, A&M...and Tech and Baylor and TCU...all of them. Even screw North Texas, just for good measure.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 6/15/2015 at 10:51 AM.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

And can we screw SMU, Rice, Houston, UTSA, and Marshall as well? How about Incarnate Word just in case they have a football team?
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Throw in Abilene Christian.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

I hope Yall use condoms when yer screwing all them nasty saxens!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Not me! Ima got a plan: I'll use yours.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    And can we screw SMU, Rice, Houston, UTSA, and Marshall as well? How about Incarnate Word just in case they have a football team?
    Can confirm. They do.

vCash

SWC>Big8 (minus OU)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Can confirm. They do.
    Jesus wept