Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: So Carson is running. This gonna make things interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Having the same parents is going to do more to mitigate the genomic side of the equation than living in the same household will with the environmental side. I know that the genomes will vary for each child, but the environmental side goes far beyond just who your parents are. During the school year, especially if both parents have jobs, it's not uncommon for the kids to spend more time away from home than at home (excluding sleeping hours). Additionally, parenting styles often change from the first child to the last child, so even that isn't static. Furthermore, simply having an older brother vs. having a younger brother can change the way you grow up considerably all by itself.
    Have you not seen it before even school age?

We also had a great looking brahma bull growing up that didn't like cows.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    How many families do you know that have one red headed kid and the rest are not? Living in Eastern Oklahoma I see a lot of families that have 2-3 kids that are obviously part Indian and then a red head. I'm not a geneticist but I believe there to be a recessive gene. That's the nature angle. I think the shared environment completely mitigates the nurture angle.

So, you've seen a lot of family's that have a few kids and only one of them is red headed...and this is your way of deducing that the ghey's is caused from an inherited gene?

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    So, you've seen a lot of family's that have a few kids and only one of them is red headed...and this is your way of deducing that the ghey's is caused from an inherited gene?
    Don't you dare accuse a lib of Jumping the Shark!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I made no claim that they were "mine". I just remembered that he said some odd things and I googled it. Is that wrong?
    Provide a link otherwise it is like using information in a research paper without referencing the source. It hurts your credibility.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Have you not seen it before even school age?
    I've never tried to deduce a 3 or 4 year old's sexual preference.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    He doesn't know what fookin countries are in NATO but at least he thinks we should throw money at em.
    So if Hillary is the jackass party's nomination are you voting for her?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I've never tried to deduce a 3 or 4 year old's sexual preference.
    Dude, it's all the rage.

There are masculine girls and effiminate boys from the git go. To try to deny that is silly.

The example I think of is a family of 4 boys. The next to oldest boy was gay from the moment he started playing with his cousin's dolls.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think it's a "choice" for 95% of the folks...like choosing which ice cream you want.

The mind is very powerful...there are hundreds of examples of "mind over matter"...they say we only use 10% of the brains power. People can convince themselves of anything if they really want.

As far as "science"...I just believe if we can tell how old a bone is, different genetic mutations, etc...then if it truly is biological it would be proven. Instead we just take the homosexuals community's stance that "I was born this way". That's what is so funny, the lib's obsession with "scientific proof" of everything, except this.

I have family members gay, I'm not a "homophobic" another fun word used. Yes, I've seen "kids" that had different approach then their same sex members...doesn't mean born that way. I suppose I have more "feminine" qualities in I like a clean house, yard, don't mind cooking...like to dress "decent"... I also work on houses, my cars, hunt, wheel, like women....lol....so I think gender identity is a big ball of mess.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Dude, it's all the rage.

There are masculine girls and effiminate boys from the git go. To try to deny that is silly.

The example I think of is a family of 4 boys. The next to oldest boy was gay from the moment he started playing with his cousin's dolls.
    I don't think you can know a boy will be gay based off of playing with a barbie doll when he's 3. I guess that's just my opinion, though.

vCash

I don't think you can know a boy will be gay based off of playing with a barbie doll when he's 3. I guess that's just my opinion, though.
    I always played dolls with the Little girl next door. And Im pretty dayum sure I aint got the Gheys.
    Course i saw that as a way to get in her bedroom when her folks wernt payin Tention
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So if Hillary is the jackass party's nomination are you voting for her?
    No, she is just as wedded to the idea of searching for monsters to destroy as most of the GOP candidates seem to be.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    As far as "science"...I just believe if we can tell how old a bone is, different genetic mutations, etc...then if it truly is biological it would be proven. Instead we just take the homosexuals community's stance that "I was born this way". That's what is so funny, the lib's obsession with "scientific proof" of everything, except this
    Scientists have yet to find a genetic link to homosexuality, but that doesn't mean it's not there. The genomic field has recently exploded, and we're still figuring out a lot of things. Some genes are very simple, and you either have it or you don't. Other traits are much more complicated, and homosexuality may very well be one of them.

This debate always makes me chuckle a little. Whenever it happens, one side screams that it's purely genetic, while the other screams that it's a choice/learned, and neither will budge. In reality, the most likely outcome is somewhere in the middle, and that genetics and environment both play a role.

I'm not sure why genetics vs. choice is a big discussion any way. Either you think there is something wrong with it, or you don't. Alcoholism and drug addictions are genetically-linked, but I still don't condone them.

vCash

How many families do you know that have one red headed kid and the rest are not? Living in Eastern Oklahoma I see a lot of families that have 2-3 kids that are obviously part Indian and then a red head. I'm not a geneticist but I believe there to be a recessive gene. That's the nature angle. I think the shared environment completely mitigates the nurture angle.
    Second time I've tried this.....Biology class, 1961, (tell me if it is different). genetics section,
    example...brown eyed, brown haired mom and dad, result 3 brown eyed/hair and one blonde
    hair/blue eyed offspring..theory is recessive gene. Real life...I'm brown hair, hazel eyes, wife
    is dark brown hair, dark eyes...off spring..son is brown hair and brown eyes, daughter is BLONDE
    HAIR and blue eyes (initially)...my belief is, yup, recessive gene is there, believeable and inarguable.
    I am no scientist but seems to support the recessive gene issue...and no wise cracks about the letter
    carrier getting in before me...yeah, you, you know who you are!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Second time I've tried this.....Biology class, 1961, (tell me if it is different). genetics section,
    example...brown eyed, brown haired mom and dad, result 3 brown eyed/hair and one blonde
    hair/blue eyed offspring..theory is recessive gene. Real life...I'm brown hair, hazel eyes, wife
    is dark brown hair, dark eyes...off spring..son is brown hair and brown eyes, daughter is BLONDE
    HAIR and blue eyes (initially)...my belief is, yup, recessive gene is there, believeable and inarguable.
    I am no scientist but seems to support the recessive gene issue...and no wise cracks about the letter
    carrier getting in before me...yeah, you, you know who you are!!!!
    i wernt gonna say a word, Promise i wernt
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not sure why genetics vs. choice is a big discussion any way. Either you think there is something wrong with it, or you don't. Alcoholism and drug addictions are genetically-linked, but I still don't condone them.
    Because the gays want "rights" due to their homosexuality being "natural"..."born this way" etc. Those that believe it's wrong or not natural don't think they should be a "protected class"....the whole bakery issue.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Mike(RINO I reckon) Huckabee announced today he's running for president, too. Big Wup. He was a pro amnesty guy in the past. I don't know, nor really care, if he still is. If he somehow gets the nomination, it would be a surprise.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Because the gays want "rights" due to their homosexuality being "natural"..."born this way" etc. Those that believe it's wrong or not natural don't think they should be a "protected class"....the whole bakery issue.
    even if it is a choice, tell me why that matters without using the words "god" or "bible"

and just because you can't find a gene doesn't mean it's not natural. is there a gene for being left handed? is that a choice?

vCash

I had never heard him talk before seeing the interview where he declared he was now a candidate. I had read things and like his message.
    But he was very creepy to watch and listen to. That it is too bad because in this day and age that makes him not electable.

vCash

Every one that don't like him MUST be a racist!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Mike(RINO I reckon) Huckabee announced today he's running for president, too. Big Wup. He was a pro amnesty guy in the past. I don't know, nor really care, if he still is. If he somehow gets the nomination, it would be a surprise.
    Can you elaborate on what makes Huckabee a RINO? I'm curious. He may be a Theocrat.