Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

So Carson is running. This gonna make things interesting

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: So Carson is running. This gonna make things interesting

Love him. Think he's awesome. Not sure about him as a politician, though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

didn't he have some uproar over the gay thing?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    didn't he have some uproar over the gay thing?
    Yup, he said that, in effect, being gay is a learned life style. His example was that a
    straight guy goes to prison and comes out gay.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Smart guy. Neurosurgeon's aren't idiots and he's a recognized one at that.

That said, he says some things that A. I can't imagine a man of his education actually believing and B. hinder his ability to be electable.

1. Redefining marriage played a role in the “fall of the Roman Empire” - January 22, 2013
    2. No one can redefine marriage, “be they gays, be they NAMBLA…” - March 26, 2013
    3. Obamacare is “worst thing” to happen to America since slavery - November 11, 2013
    4. The United States is “very much like Nazi Germany” - March 12, 2014
    5. Obamacare is worse than 9/11… except it isn’t - June 5, 2014

vCash

Paul/Carson 2016

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Smart guy. Neurosurgeon's aren't idiots and he's a recognized one at that.

That said, he says some things that A. I can't imagine a man of his education actually believing and B. hinder his ability to be electable.

1. Redefining marriage played a role in the “fall of the Roman Empire” - January 22, 2013
    2. No one can redefine marriage, “be they gays, be they NAMBLA…” - March 26, 2013
    3. Obamacare is “worst thing” to happen to America since slavery - November 11, 2013
    4. The United States is “very much like Nazi Germany” - March 12, 2014
    5. Obamacare is worse than 9/11… except it isn’t - June 5, 2014
    Some excellent copy and paste work from MSNBC. Wasn't there another poster that used to be on this board that did the same thing?

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/b...ising-comments

vCash

I made no claim that they were "mine". I just remembered that he said some odd things and I googled it. Is that wrong?

vCash

I made no claim that they were "mine". I just remembered that he said some odd things and I googled it. Is that wrong?
    It's an 8th tactic, so be careful.

vCash

I figured the way it was typed it was kind of clear that it wasn't from any memory that I had.

vCash

I like Carson. He seems to be a person for our young folks to be emulating. Sure would like to see him debating HRC, but I don't think he'll make it that far. I'll be happy to vote for him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    I like Carson. He seems to be a person for our young folks to be emulating. Sure would like to see him debating HRC, but I don't think he'll make it that far. I'll be happy to vote for him.
    Yup! Whoever's left standing vs whichever statist the D's present.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Wasn't he the black kid on All in the Family?
    Ingles solamente (ˇno exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Yup, he said that, in effect, being gay is a learned life style. His example was that a
    straight guy goes to prison and comes out gay.
    ah, yes....well, I DON'T believe it's biological (has yet to be proven) like being black, or some gene mutation for being special needs (well, maybe that~)

So in essences, yes....it is a "learned" lifestyle. Not sure I agree with the prison example.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

He doesn't know what fookin countries are in NATO but at least he thinks we should throw money at em.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    ah, yes....well, I DON'T believe it's biological (has yet to be proven) like being black, or some gene mutation for being special needs (well, maybe that~)

So in essences, yes....it is a "learned" lifestyle. Not sure I agree with the prison example.
    Except that we all know kids who grew up in a family setting where the experiences didn't differ among the children, yet one girl was always a tomboy and the third baseman took a step back and to the right when she stepped to the plate or there was always a boy that hung out with the girl cousins as a cheerleader while the boys played football. I've seen these traits show up very "pre-puberty". Given that, I don't know what it is but, generally speaking, it's not "learned" in my view.

I think the prison example is silly. I'm sure there is more homosexual sex in prison. I think what you find is that many of those folks go back to being hetero in the "free" world. Ask Turd, he knows a lot about these kinds of things.

vCash

Except that we all know kids who grew up in a family setting where the experiences didn't differ among the children, yet one girl was always a tomboy and the third baseman took a step back and to the right when she stepped to the plate or there was always a boy that hung out with the girl cousins as a cheerleader while the boys played football. I've seen these traits show up very "pre-puberty".
    I don't see how that example validates your argument. You're arguing that because they grow up in the same household, they must have the same environmental influences. In reality, it's easier to assume that they have similar genomes, so you're example actually seems to contradict your conclusion.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I don't see how that example validates your argument. You're arguing that because they grow up in the same household, they must have the same environmental influences. In reality, it's easier to assume that they have similar genomes, so you're example actually seems to contradict your conclusion.
    How many families do you know that have one red headed kid and the rest are not? Living in Eastern Oklahoma I see a lot of families that have 2-3 kids that are obviously part Indian and then a red head. I'm not a geneticist but I believe there to be a recessive gene. That's the nature angle. I think the shared environment completely mitigates the nurture angle.

vCash

Those of you who dont Like Doctor Ben are just racists
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

I think the shared environment completely mitigates the nurture angle.
    Having the same parents is going to do more to mitigate the genomic side of the equation than living in the same household will with the environmental side. I know that the genomes will vary for each child, but the environmental side goes far beyond just who your parents are. During the school year, especially if both parents have jobs, it's not uncommon for the kids to spend more time away from home than at home (excluding sleeping hours). Additionally, parenting styles often change from the first child to the last child, so even that isn't static. Furthermore, simply having an older brother vs. having a younger brother can change the way you grow up considerably all by itself.