vCash

Any news about UFA's?

Haven't seen much in the papers so I wonder if there's anyone getting
    Picked up?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Any news about UFA's?

unidentified flying armpits?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Wilson went to Baltimore, Chuka went to Denver.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

Any news on Shead?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

I know he signed with someone. My NFL Mobile App had the listing of UDFAs for every team but can't find it on regular NFL.com. I remember seeing a guy from UCO was signed.

Edit: It was Dionte Savage that I saw who signed with the Dolphins. I don't see Shead listed anywhere http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap30...l-32-nfl-teams
    Last edited by Soonerfan88; 5/3/2015 at 10:17 PM.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Adam Shead's instagram and twitter both say chicago:
    https://instagram.com/p/2ObbQlMhnY/

vCash

The FA chances to make a team are never good and this year's OU crop looks weaker than most years, IMO. I'd give Chuka the best chance.

vCash

We also had some marginal guys last year (like Pastagate hero Gabe Ikard with the Titans) that will be giving the NFL another chance this year, so plenty of reason to tune into the offseason. You might have to hear about Tim Tebow more, but you won't hear about Michael Sam

vCash

Didn't see it posted yet --- UFA corner Julian Wilson broke his leg during weekend Ravens minicamp and will reportedly be out for the year:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...980484d00.html

The good part is that he was under contract and even had a signing bonus, so I think he'll get his year off to recover paid for. Get well, Julian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    We also had some marginal guys last year (like Pastagate hero Gabe Ikard with the Titans) that will be giving the NFL another chance this year, so plenty of reason to tune into the offseason. You might have to hear about Tim Tebow more, but you won't hear about Michael Sam
    I'd rather hear about Michael Sam if those are my choices.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Is there an option where I don't have to hear about either one of them?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    I'd rather hear about Michael Sam if those are my choices.
    They are both Ghey......
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    You could go to the Philippines. No one there has the vaguest idea who either one is.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

I'm afraid you might be waiting till September, as the final preseason games are on Sept. 3 this year and regular season kicks off Sept. 10. Thus, the final preseason roster cuts likely won't be made until then.

In other UFA (sorta) news...

Sadly, Garrett Hartley, a 7-year-NFL veteran who started his career as a UFA, was cut Monday by the Browns. Because the organization is dumb, it thinks it can replace a sure thing with one of the first-year kickers they signed.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...71a190b8a.html

Hartley was reportedly 10 for 10 in his Browns tryout (fresh off a December hunting trip when his agent called and was like heeeeeyyy a team wants you to tryout!) and then went 3 for 3 in the two Browns games he appeared in last year.

Stupid Browns. I hope they send Johnny Football out to kick field goals

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think it would be a great surprise if Sanchez starts the season at Phillie. It sounds like Sam has already made huge impression with his arm as Zach Ertz said it's better than Foles, Vick, and even Luck's. But Kelly will listen to his therapists on the legs.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

They did just re-up Sanchez on a two-year $16 million contract (wtf Chip?!) BUT... Sanchez had a 4-4 record as a starter last year with the Eagles --- 2,418 yards, 14 TDs, 11 INTs, and an 88.4 passer rating. Not mediocre, but not great.

My crimson tainted eyes can only see a former USC Pete Carroll disciple as Mr Butt Fumble, but I agree that Sanchez will have a chance if Sam's healing process needs to be extended, or if he struggles in preseason, early season or even mid to late season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    You could go to the Philippines. No one there has the vaguest idea who either one is.
    Somewhere where I don't have to hear about Manny Pacquiao either, please...I mean, while we're on the subject of spares. I suppose, at the very least, Pacquiao used to have a legitimate career. But....

Also, doesn't Tebow own/run some sort of school/charity/orphanage in the Philippines.

May have to be in the nether polar regions to escape any combination of Tebow, Sam, and Pacquiao. Maybe Alaska. Probably no Super Christian or Gay Iditaroders. Although, Alaska means Palin clan overkill....

You just can't win.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    AK...Palin clan overkill....
    ???let's hear about this one...well, you might hear about Ted Stevens some in AK. Maybe salmon and mosquitoes, too
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

My interest in Stevens, Palin, Tebow, Sam, and Pacquiao can't get an closer to zero than it already is...another reason to dislike Chip Kelly, I suppose.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

[QUOTE=Tear Down This Wall;4967037]
    Also, doesn't Tebow own/run some sort of school/charity/orphanage in the Philippines.

/QUOTE]

During the great Tebow hype of the mid 'oughts, there was a meme about how beloved Tebow was in the PI. (His dad was a missionary there) During that time, I was travelling there monthly on business. No one I spoke to had ever heard of him.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown