Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Soros...so this is how they do it...

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Heh heh...well according to Al Gore and the global warming scientist(s) he was quoting the North Pole was supposed to be gone 2-3 years ago.
    Who cares about Al Gore? How has not trashing the planet become a partisan issue?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ---- Smoking and the Koch brothers--------What a stretch-------The Koch's don't allow smoking even in their parking lots , try again-------I know you are talking about mindset but this is stupid
    This why I put the moran on iggy, These folks cant stay on subject, They constantly twist ,spin and deflect.
    Yall have let him twist a thread about Soros back around to the Kochs!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Who cares about Al Gore? How has not trashing the planet become a partisan issue?
    Al Gore? An inconvenient truth? A primary figure in the global warming debate for the last decade not ring any bells? No problem with AGW fear mongers?

Happy to not trash the planet and reduce mans footprint while maintaining a rational approach to energy.

vCash

I really enjoyed the comments from the AGW crowd declaring that the f5 tornado that hit Moore in May, 2013 was caused by global warming. Oklahoma having tornadoes in May was unprecedented before "global warming" occurred. Science deniers!!!!!
    Climate change didn't cause any of these school-shootings, either. What's your point?

Are you just trying to say that not all bad things that happen on this planet are caused by climate change? I agree. What about the bad things that it is causing, though?

vCash

Happy to not trash the planet and reduce mans footprint while maintaining a rational approach to energy.
    With you there. Pretending climate change isn't real, or that humans have no effect on it, doesn't seem rational to me, though.

vCash

Climate change didn't cause any of these school-shootings, either. What's your point?

Are you just trying to say that not all bad things that happen on this planet are caused by climate change? I agree. What about the bad things that it is causing, though?
    Well let's get to the bad things caused by climate change... What exactly are they?

Is there global warming occurring without having anything to do with man? I believe so.

Does man contribute to this naturally occurring cycle? I believe he does this also.
    How much is what's debatable, IMO.

vCash

With you there. Pretending climate change isn't real, or that humans have no effect on it, doesn't seem rational to me, though.
    I won't pretend it's real or unreal. I'll prefer to err on the side of caution, however, and I'll usually support reasonable conservation measures to reduce our footprint even if global warming wasn't an issue.

Going it alone as Obama and some others tried to do in 2009 by passing a cap and trade bill was close to economic suicide...particularly at the height of the recession. Obama tried to handcuff the U.S. Again in his climate bill with China that only required reductions on the U.S. For the next 16 years while China could continue to increase its emissions.

That is not rational to me

vCash

Admittedly, when I have referred to climate change in this thread, I'm referring to something much broader than simply climate change. I'm more concerned about ocean acidification than I am about the temperature rising or falling a couple degrees.

vCash

Also, I'm not a democrat, and I'm not a fan of Obama. Feel free to criticize him and and his party all you want, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

vCash

no one i know talks about Soros as a hero

could you direct me to one of those posts?

vCash

Admittedly, when I have referred to climate change in this thread, I'm referring to something much broader than simply climate change. I'm more concerned about ocean acidification than I am about the temperature rising or falling a couple degrees.
    I favor global population reduction...instead of 7.5 billion I would prefer it to drop to 1 billion over the next century...the surest way to reduce mans footprint

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I won't pretend it's real or unreal. I'll prefer to err on the side of caution, however, and I'll usually support reasonable conservation measures to reduce our footprint even if global warming wasn't an issue.

Going it alone as Obama and some others tried to do in 2009 by passing a cap and trade bill was close to economic suicide...particularly at the height of the recession. Obama tried to handcuff the U.S. Again in his climate bill with China that only required reductions on the U.S. For the next 16 years while China could continue to increase its emissions.

You're not wrong. I don't know the answer. I think we could be impacting the earth's ability to adapt to the changes that may well be happening independent of humans. But, they're happening nonetheless.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    You're not wrong. I don't know the answer. I think we could be impacting the earth's ability to adapt to the changes that may well be happening independent of humans. But, they're happening nonetheless.
    Whatever has to be done to reduce CO2 (if that is indeed the culprit) should be done on a global basis with fair requirements for all countries and severe sanctions globally for those that don't comply.

Developing countries like China and India (as they like to call themselves) want the U.S. And Europe to pay them for going green yet they want us to ignore their incredibly overpopulated countries and the demands/strains it puts on natural resources and pollution control/containment.

vCash

We have a really strong strawman argument going on here. I never said anything about Obama, developing countries, etc.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    This is like Cheney's Haliburton dealing with Iran out of shell companies in the Caribbean Islands, right?
    Nope.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Aren't the Koch brothers paying people to pretend climate change isn't real? They're scum.
    Don't know about that, but Climate Change is not real. Just look at the real data. No data that is unfudged conforms to any so-called model...

I have not seen anything to convince me the data is there. Most of it is adjusted to conform to that theory. New reviews of NASA data shows some odd manipulation of the data that cannot be explained legitimately. No one can explain the sun radiation data and its pertibations to the climate cycle. Just saying, any climate debate can have holes poked in it. Certainly haven't proven anything and certainly is not "settled science".
    Last edited by TheHumanAlphabet; 5/3/2015 at 07:18 AM.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Rational and sensible approach. We don't get this in the MSM very much, if at all.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

I favor global population reduction...instead of 7.5 billion I would prefer it to drop to 1 billion over the next century...the surest way to reduce mans footprint
    HOLY TOLEDO! Hard to visualize how that could be done peacefully, and without almost unimaginable consequences.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Don't know about that, but Climate Change is not real.
    The climate never changes?

Just look at the real data. No data that is unfudged conforms to any so-called model...
    Last I heard, it was something to the extent of 95% published literature agrees that global warming is real, and that it is caused by human activity. There are plenty of details still up for debate, but that much isn't. I'm not sure data gets any more real than published scientific literature.

I have not seen anything to convince me the data is there.
    I guess that means there is about a 95% chance you're not a scientist.

Certainly haven't proven anything and certainly is not "settled science".
    Once again, 95% of the scientific community disagrees with that statement...plenty of which are conservative. It's about as settled as it gets.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Cigarettes don't cause lung cancer!

Bipartisan researchers determined that "climate gate" was nothing.