vCash

Rosa Parks , Bless her heart!

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Re: Rosa Parks , Bless her heart!

Met her once at Honey Springs, of all places.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Met her once at Honey Springs, of all places.
    I was there that day. I didn't meet her.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm killing your street cred.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I'm killing your street cred.
    Huh?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I was there that day. I didn't meet her.
    We're from the same home town, and we've been in the same places at the same time. I'm willing to bet we've met.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Rosa Parks was carefully selected to be the face of the movement back then. I really hope that there are no plans in the works for something similar in this fight against death-by-cop.

You are educated, married, employed and an upstanding citizen. We need you to sit on a bus and not give up your seat. Oh wait, that was the 60s. We need you to get killed by a cop.

As such, I'm not sure the Rosa Parks and Freddie Gray situations are comparable.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Rosa Parks was carefully selected to be the face of the movement back then. I really hope that there are no plans in the works for something similar in this fight against death-by-cop.

You are educated, married, employed and an upstanding citizen. We need you to sit on a bus and not give up your seat. Oh wait, that was the 60s. We need you to get killed by a cop.

As such, I'm not sure the Rosa Parks and Freddie Gray situations are comparable.
    Don't think they are at all comparable...Gray brought some of it onto
    himself but the cops overdid it and they have been charged with homicide.

The other thing is that Rosa Parks was not the first to refuse to give up her
    seat. I read that another black woman (her name escapes me) in the late
    50's or early 60's did the same thing.....not the "right" timing for her, though..

vCash

The other thing is that Rosa Parks was not the first to refuse to give up her
    seat
    Yeah --- a fun show called Drunk History (check it out on Amazon Prime or even youtube) had this in their Atlanta episode. The original woman was a single teen mom and the civil rights movement thought it would be wiser to have someone like Rose Parks be the face.

They did one of the most effective things they could do after Rosa's arrest, which I think would be tons more helpful today than the rioting: Boycotting. They effectively shut down the city's bus system by simply refusing to use it for one day a week, because blacks were a majority of the bus riders.

As has been noted, blacks make up a large part of Baltimore's population. BOYCOTT. Take your business outside city limits until you are satisfied with the city response. Don't destroy businesses by busting windows --- destroy business by not buying anything. Your voice through your money will be heard!

vCash

To me the point is there is an effective way to protest and then there are destructive ways
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

To me the point is there is an effective way to protest and then there are destructive ways
    Oh yes, and I agree! That is will continue my boycott of all things Baltimore. Sooner-related, because the Ravens cut all their OU alums last decade and the Orioles used to employ Jim Traber