Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

New FB season ticket upgrade?

Has anyone tried the new season ticket upgrade system? I was a season ticket holder during the Blake years, but having to drive over a thousand miles round trip plus not being able to even give away my tickets prompted me to drop my season tickets. This is my second year back and I only give the school $700 yr plus renewing my season tickets; so I'm not even scheduled to go online to look for upgraded seats until May 19th. Has anyone had experience with the new system, and I assume to get any tickets to away games or Texas tickets you have to give over $1000 Yr or had your season tickets for 10 years or more.
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

Re: New FB season ticket upgrade?

This will be my first year getting them, I contributed to the Sooner Club, since I'm first year - my date is somewhere around the 22nd or the 28th I can't remember. I had to call them to find out, existing season ticket holders I guess got the email last Thursday, new ticket holders will get it tomorrow I think.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

I've had season tickets since 2004 but give less per year than you. I can log in to look around starting 3 May but can't actually select a seat until the afternoon of 13 May.

As for RRS tickets, I have gotten them for the last 4 years. They are based on giving level and points. Most away games, especially conference other than OSU, are easy to get. I have never asked for a big-time away game until Tennessee this year but I'm doubting I have enough to get them.

vCash

The seat selection system you are talking about is being done for the very first time this May. In the past, we may have written down where we preferred to sit and may or may not have gotten what we wanted. This year, we can select open seats or keep our old ones. After May 3, you can play with the new system and see where $700 will put you.

vCash

I did the math on one section. There were 71 open seats out of 1144 total, or 6.2%. I wonder if this is a banner year for open seats, considering the down year we had.

They raised the contribution prices. My seats have been $200/seat since I got them in 2003. Now that section is $250/seat. I guess you are grandfathered in if you don't move? I had hoped to move lower in section 104, but any more than two rows lower is $500/seat. Too rich for my blood.

I don't think I'll move this year. I just wonder how much opportunity there will be next year. Oh, and my window started 20 minutes ago.

As far as Texas tickets, I've been offered every year (even the two years before 2003 when I had partial season tickets). Also was able to get away game tickets, but haven't tried since 2006. Unless you ask, you wouldn't know yet if you'll get the opportunity.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I guess they have to pay for those stadium upgrades somehow, even if they scaled them back a bit from original plans. Any of you season ticketers feel gouged? Does an 8-win season justify a price hike?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I guess they have to pay for those stadium upgrades somehow, even if they scaled them back a bit from original plans. Any of you season ticketers feel gouged? Does an 8-win season justify a price hike?
    Didn't move because we've been in the same seats for two decades. We're just comfortable with the people around us. Moving would feel weird after all these years.

As far as the price hike, OU's been pretty good about keeping prices down in the past. Unfortunately, because we are in phase three of the football arms race (1990s when it cranked up, early 2000s when every one upgraded, now everyone is up-upgrading).

You have to appreciate that college football is way ahead of the idiocracy curve than the rest of the sports country...except Jerry Jones: "Welcome to (name of university)! Would you like to sit in our EXTRA, BIG AS*S STADIUM?"
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Yeah... unlike pro teams, the college ones can't threaten to move to LA every time a new stadium isn't built

I am a scalper, not a season ticketer. The only game I felt gouged was OU-Tech 2008. Paid $125 each for endzone seats. Was hundreds less than some others for sale around the stadium that day. It was truly a seller's market. Worth every penny. Most fun OU home game I've ever attended.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Yeah... unlike pro teams, the college ones can't threaten to move to LA every time a new stadium isn't built

I am a scalper, not a season ticketer. The only game I felt gouged was OU-Tech 2008. Paid $125 each for endzone seats. Was hundreds less than some others for sale around the stadium that day. It was truly a seller's market. Worth every penny. Most fun OU home game I've ever attended.
    I think the thing for those of us who have had ticket in one place for so long, you get to know the people around you. You see their kids grow up; they see your kids grow up. The game day feel, then, is more than just the game. It's seeing familiar faces and old friends.

To us, moving would just make it strange. The routine and familiarity would have to be re-established. After 21 years, just didn't seem worth it. Besides, on the watching front, we're already in the 16th row of our section, so we're pretty close to the field anyway. Can't get much better!
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987