Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

State of Texas license plate

I live in Austin. I saw a license plate like this yesterday. I had never seen one. I thought it was cool.
    It made me wish we had a good hand signal to flash. I don't think the driver understood as I mouthed "Boomer" to them!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TheUnnamedSooner's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes those license plates are cool and were passed several years ago. Of course, it took a few years for legislature to pass the OU one even though there were already OSU, LSU, and a few others out there

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Re: State of Texas license plate

They are part of the myplates thing which came into effect around 2009 back when I was still living in Austin. I think the Houston OU club was pretty instrumental in getting them.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

I think it reflects on the reality of Texas...it's not as full of native born Texans as everyone likes to believe.

Fans of various Texas universities sometime whine about the state best football and basketball talent leaving the state. The truth is, many of those kids' families don't have their origins in Texas.

Good examples of this for OU were Brain Bosworth, who was born in Oklahoma City, but whose family moved to Oklahoma. Billy Sims, who was born in St. Louis, but whose family moved to Texas. And, so on and so on.

And, even moreso these days.

I remember in 1990, I was still in college and doing a research project for a political science class. As of the 1990 Census, over half the people in Collin County (main city, Plano) were not native born Texans. And, that was 25 years ago.

People move to Texas for the job opportunities, but keep their home allegiances. In our neighborhood in Frisco, you're just as likely to find someone who is from out of state as you are a native Texan. And, with companies like Toyota and Kubota soon to relocate their headquarters from California, that type of "Texan" is growing.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

I live in Austin...i have the licesne plate frame, and an OU logo on my tailgate, but wish i had a plate like that. There's quite a few sooners down here adding some Class to the city
    this is bull****

vCash

I was half-expecting this to be over the SCV tag issue that my SCV camp, and others, have been fighting all the way to the Supreme Court.

Shame on Governor Abbott.

vCash

those OU plates seemed a little expensive, especially on a recurring basis

in other news, we have a hand sign, and i don't mean "horns down"