Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

To all you who wanted Boise State to join the Big XII.

Their under age QB drinks alcohol. So now what do you think of Boise State?

Boise State QB Ryan Finley arrested Saturday morning
    By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer
    April 25, 2015 11:00 am ET
    Ryan Finley appeared in five games for Boise State last season.
    Boise State quarterback Ryan Finley was arrested Saturday morning on charges of a minor in possession of an alcoholic beverage and resisting or obstructing officers, according to the Idaho Statesman. Both of the charges are misdemeanors.
    Details of the arrest are scarce, but Boise State is aware of the incident.
    While a college kid getting busted for underage drinking isn't exactly a new phenomenon, the arrest could have an impact on Boise's 2015 season. Finley emerged from spring practice as the Broncos likely starter. While these charges probably won't have an impact on his grasp of the starting job, he could be facing a possible suspension.
    Finley appeared in five games for Boise State last season backing up Grant Hedrick. He completed 12 of 27 passes for 161 yards and two touchdowns.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: To all you who wanted Boise State to join the Big XII.

I don't recall anyone wanting BSU in the big12 as they don't bring much to the table. Regardless, this seems like a pretty minor thing and I'll be shocked if we don't have a player or 2 engage in some off-field mischief before the year is through.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

omg a college student was drinking? Somebody get Sports Illustrated on the line!
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't recall anyone wanting BSU in the big12 as they don't bring much to the table. Regardless, this seems like a pretty minor thing and I'll be shocked if we don't have a player or 2 engage in some off-field mischief before the year is through.
    Yea, I dont remember anyone saying they wanted BS
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....I was on scholarship and am ashamed to say I woke up in the front yard at least once

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

under age QB drinks alcohol
    2005 was a sh!tty season for us. If Bois Estate has a car dealership employing players be ready for the NCAA to descend

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

that team that lost to Boise won the Big XII with smoke and mirrors. lucky to get that far, really. god bless Paul Thompson and Allen Patrick...but, c'mon. ranked b/ween about 15-20 all year, esp after the BS loss to Oregon. despite media love of the event Fiesta Bowl, hardly a Goliath Sooner team.

Boise then and now bring almost nothing to a Big XII.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    that team that lost to Boise won the Big XII with smoke and mirrors. lucky to get that far, really. god bless Paul Thompson and Allen Patrick...but, c'mon. ranked b/ween about 15-20 all year, esp after the BS loss to Oregon. despite media love of the event Fiesta Bowl, hardly a Goliath Sooner team.

Could be your best post EVAR!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

if we needed a 12th, we could do a lot worse

vCash

I DON'T want any more texas teams!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post

You could turn that argument around in favor of BSU. The team they fielded in '06 was very experienced and dominated by 5th yr seniors, but it was not their best team of the era. The teams with Kellen Moore at QB for his Jr and Sr year really were P5 conference worthy. They had a front 4 on defense that all made the NFL and was dominate. Which was pretty amazing considering they live on 2 star or NR players coming out of HS. But once that group graduated, they fell back to a level one would expect given their recruiting base. But even if they could consistently field a strong football team, they are in a tiny market and bring nothing to other sports.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm still wondering who all the people were that wanted Boise St, in the conference?

vCash

These people did exist. Just not on this board...or really, any informed group.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    These people did exist. Just not on this board...or really, any informed group.
    Maybe some folks who want to see the further downgrading of the conference?!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Telling stats: Steve Sarky did NOT leave the cupboard bare at Washington for Chris Pedersen, as evidenced by the early rounds of the draft. The multitude of NFL-level talent there was coached to a bowl loss against Poke sans the guy that beat us (Tyreek Hill).

It might have been a very, very bad career move for him to leave the program that made him look good. Now that Sarky's talent is going to the NFL, will Pedersen still keep UW winning enough to lose mid-minor bowls?