Lady Sooners Softball...

The ladies are 5th ranked in the country, 38-6, 20 game winner in Paige,
    Chamberlain just tied the career home run record,(prolly break it against
    North Texas) and Pendley is 6th on the all time home run list. Nobody
    is talking about it....how come?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Lady Sooners Softball...

because it's all about football!!!! The other sports at OU (minus basketball) don't get the coverage but are actually pretty good. Men's gymnastics won the NC, women should have but got 3rd...Men's tennis was #1 in the country...baseball is actually ranked #23 as well.

lol, I kid, I actually watched the games...the 2nd game bu just hammered us. Yes, pretty cool we might have 2 lady's break the record this year.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Wooden (ucla) and uconn womens' coach have 10 national titles at one school...most in all sports...Williams, (men's gymnastics has 9..so he's really close)
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I watched all three games. It was fun to see Chamberlain tie the record. I don't know how deep they can go in the tournament. Pitching depth seems to be an issue.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Chamberlain really tagged the ball, went out deep and in a hurry. Softball is
    all about pitching and scoring...the ladies can flat out score...Paige is young
    but pitches "older" than her years...I think they've a good shot at the whole
    ball of wax!

It'd be really funny if Pendley got hot with 3 or 4 multi homer games and broke
    the record, too. Do the post season stats count against records? Does anyone
    know.

That Stearns girl for Baylor is pretty darn good...reminds me a little of Jenny Finch.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Wooden (ucla) and uconn womens' coach have 10 national titles at one school...most in all sports...Williams, (men's gymnastics has 9..so he's really close)
    I'm pretty sure that Williams wasn't the coach for all of our NCs. I think he has won 6 or 7. (I just checked and he has 6 - still a great accomplishment)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

ziert - 2
    buwick - 1
    williams - 6

vCash

ah..my bad, I thought they said that he was on his 9th.