Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Conservative Media on Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    That well may be true for Oklahoma but there really isn't a candidate that is going to be dismissed by the voters here for being too darn conservative. Not so in other areas. There are (R) senators and reps from the northeast particularly, who I will go out on a limb and say you would not find to be real conservatives, who simply can't be elected as real conservatives.

I would counter that the Democratic party is far for more statist which is exactly why people need to stamp the ticket (R). Not because they are always going to get a good guy but they don't give numbers to Democrats who are worse.
    Sicem, Eielson, and other koolaiders just won't admit that they are voting unwisely. Why do we waste our time talking about this?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    If they aren't conservative why are you so interested in voting for them? What are they offering that is so appealing that leads you to believe they are infinitely better than a Democrat? Olympia Snowe? Let me tell you -- if you walk into the voting booth and Snowe is on your ballot along with a Democrat and a third-party guy who is genuinely conservative/liberty-oriented and you vote for Snow then let me be blunt -- f'k you.
    If I am a citizen of Maine the reason I am interested in voting for them is because they are NOT a Democrat. If they are elected as an (R) it helps keep the majority which dictates committee assignments etc. If they are elected as an (R) their drawbacks can be diminished and they can still be useful. Additionally whoever they are running against is almost certain to be as bad or worse.

It's all about party politics and I say this as a guy who HATES party politics. In our political climate nothing else matters other than acquisition of power. Nothing. In the foreseeable future the only entities which will be power players are Democrats or Republicans. That's it. Not Libertarians, not Independents not the Green Party. Voting 'for the man' is a noble but largely ineffectual idea.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Sicem, Eielson, and other koolaiders just won't admit that they are voting unwisely. Why do we waste our time talking about this?
    In the hopes one day they will arise and be enlightened......nah, never mind, your probably right.

vCash

If I am a citizen of Maine the reason I am interested in voting for them is because they are NOT a Democrat. If they are elected as an (R) it helps keep the majority which dictates committee assignments etc. If they are elected as an (R) their drawbacks can be diminished and they can still be useful. Additionally whoever they are running against is almost certain to be as bad or worse.

It's all about party politics and I say this as a guy who HATES party politics. In our political climate nothing else matters other than acquisition of power. Nothing. In the foreseeable future the only entities which will be power players are Democrats or Republicans. That's it. Not Libertarians, not Independents not the Green Party. Voting 'for the man'(who is not a republican) is a noble but largely COUNTERPRODUCTIVE idea.
    sadly
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Is there a reason I have to waste my time reminding of those who sat home on their voting hands as well as those who voted 3rd party? IOW, bullsh*t. I don't really believe you are that stupid.
    You think that if Obama forced everybody to vote that it would favor the Republicans? I, for one, don't believe that to be the case.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    You think that if Obama forced everybody to vote that it would favor the Republicans? I, for one, don't believe that to be the case.
    Well, ain't that dandy! Let me clear it up for you: "those conservatives who sat home on their voting hands"

vCash

Is there a reason I have to waste my time reminding of those who sat home on their voting hands as well as those who voted 3rd party? IOW, bullsh*t. I don't really believe you are that stupid.
    I just demonstrated how you don't know what the hell you are talking about by picking out two representative and key swing states in the 2008 and 2012 elections, and I demonstrated quite clearly how 3rd party libertarian votes did NOT cost either McCain or Romney the election. I don't know what you paid for that Political Science degree, but you need to ask Boren for your money back -- or they need to ask for their diploma back....either work.

Let me copy what you couldn't be bothered to read just a few posts up:

2008 results:

Ohio: 2,940,000 votes, Obama; 2,677,000 votes, McCain; 20,000 votes, Barr
    Difference between Obama-McCain=263,000 votes..............Barr only got 20,000 votes still leaving a deficit of 260,000 votes for McCain.

Florida: 4,300,000 votes, Obama; 4,000,000, McCain; 17,000, Barr
    Difference between Obama-McCain=300,000 votes.............Barr only got 17,000 votes leaving a deficit of 283,000 votes for McCain

2012:
    Ohio: 2,827,000 votes, Obama; 2,661,000, Romney; 49,500, Gary Johnson
    Difference between Obama-Romney=166,000 votes........Johnson only got 49,500 leaving a deficit of 116,500 votes for Romney.

Florida: 4,237,000 votes, Obama; 4,163,000 votes, Romney; 45,000, Gary Johnson
    Difference between Obama-Romney=74,000..............Gary Johnson got 45,000 leaving a deficit of 29,000 votes for Romney.

TL/DR: RLIMC doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

vCash

I don't think you understand what that term means.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    In the hopes one day they will arise and be enlightened......nah, never mind, your probably right.
    Unfortunately for America, too few figure it out, and especially now with all the new illegals who will somehow vote. And, that's without addressing the subject of other types of voter fraud.

Sadly, my signature probably still holds true.

vCash

I don't think you understand what that term means.
    Oh, stop it! We are all wasting our time here.

vCash

I just demonstrated how you don't know what the hell you are talking about by picking out two representative and key swing states in the 2008 and 2012 elections, and I demonstrated quite clearly how 3rd party libertarian votes did NOT cost either McCain or Romney the election. I don't know what you paid for that Political Science degree, but you need to ask Boren for your money back -- or they need to ask for their diploma back....either work.

Let me copy what you couldn't be bothered to read just a few posts up:

2008 results:

Ohio: 2,940,000 votes, Obama; 2,677,000 votes, McCain; 20,000 votes, Barr
    Difference between Obama-McCain=263,000 votes..............Barr only got 20,000 votes still leaving a deficit of 260,000 votes for McCain.

Florida: 4,300,000 votes, Obama; 4,000,000, McCain; 17,000, Barr
    Difference between Obama-McCain=300,000 votes.............Barr only got 17,000 votes leaving a deficit of 283,000 votes for McCain

2012:
    Ohio: 2,827,000 votes, Obama; 2,661,000, Romney; 49,500, Gary Johnson
    Difference between Obama-Romney=166,000 votes........Johnson only got 49,500 leaving a deficit of 116,500 votes for Romney.

Florida: 4,237,000 votes, Obama; 4,163,000 votes, Romney; 45,000, Gary Johnson
    Difference between Obama-Romney=74,000..............Gary Johnson got 45,000 leaving a deficit of 29,000 votes for Romney.

TL/DR: RLIMC doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
    see post 106 & 109

vCash

Well, ain't that dandy! Let me clear it up for you: "those conservatives who sat home on their voting hands"
    Well yeah...if every Republican voted Republican, and no Democrats ever voted, the Republicans would win every election by a landslide. I don't see where you're going with this, though.

I've admitted, and continue to admit, that staying at home and not voting isn't as effective as voting for a third party candidate.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    Sicem, Eielson, and other koolaiders just won't admit that they are voting unwisely. Why do we waste our time talking about this?Unfortunately for America, too few figure it out, and especially now with all the new illegals who will somehow vote. And, that's without addressing the subject of other types of voter fraud.

Sadly, my signature probably still holds true.
    Your way has been the only way for decades. How's that working out for the country or conservatism? If your way worked, we wouldn't be having this converstaion right now. How about we try an alternative...you know...maybe for ****s and giggles?

vCash

Well yeah...if every Republican voted Republican, and no Democrats ever voted, the Republicans would win every election by a landslide. I don't see where you're going with this, though.

I've admitted, and continue to admit, that staying at home and not voting isn't as effective as voting for a third party candidate.
    If that many Republicans choose not to vote for a Republican candidate that it swings the election then I maintain there has to be something very seriously wrong with that particular Republican candidate; however, as I've shown, that was not the reason Obama won in either 2008 or 2012. He won because the American people had no interest in Romney and even less interest in McCain. They both ran incredibly bad campaigns purely from a technical point of view (especially McCain), and Romney allowed his gaffes to define who he is in the mind of the public.

vCash

You should admit the truth, that you apparently think the effect of the two is different.

vCash

Skeletor or Tara VanDerveer?

vCash

You should admit the truth, that you apparently think the effect of the two is different.
    You just can't grasp big-picture concepts, can you?

But yes, I think there is a difference in "throwing away" your vote, and not even voting in the first place. It's a lot easier to dismiss somebody that doesn't vote at all as a bad American citizen, and pretend as if there isn't an issue with the candidate or the party. It's much more noticeable if 3rd party candidates were to get 15% of the popular vote than if 15% of the country didn't vote at all.

At the end of the day, though, losing elections is the biggest thing, so I think both tactics can have an effect.

vCash

You just can't grasp big-picture concepts, can you?

But yes, I think there is a difference in "throwing away" your vote, and not even voting in the first place. It's a lot easier to dismiss somebody that doesn't vote at all as a bad American citizen, and pretend as if there isn't an issue with the candidate or the party. It's much more noticeable if 3rd party candidates were to get 15% of the popular vote than if 15% of the country didn't vote at all.

At the end of the day, though, losing elections is the biggest thing, so I think both tactics can have an effect.
    so, VanDerveer?

vCash

so, VanDerveer?
    If we had Republican candidates that were as good politically as those two are at coaching women's basketball, then I would gladly pick one, and wouldn't hold out for Geno. I'm not going to hire Bill Callaghan just because he's better than John Blake, though.

vCash

I've always enjoyed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I'm 32 years old, and I still love a great PB&J. I'm picky though..

It has to be very fresh thin white bread (preferably Rainbow), Peter Pan Peanut Butter (creamy or whipped will suffice), and Welch's grape jelly. All of that -- specifically. Just the right ratio of PB to jelly is incredibly important. I've found that the best mix is something close to 2/3 PB and 1/3 jelly. I want just enough jelly to 'lubricate' the throat because too much peanut butter makes it difficult to chew and eat. Sometimes I cut them into squares and other times I do triangles -- I never know which until start cutting....live for the moment, I say. As a kid, I liked to sometimes put Nacho Cheese Doritos inside the PBJ for some cheesy-crunch which is a practice I continue to this day.

You're never too old for a good PB&J.