Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Former Husker great Lawrence Phillips suspect in jail murder

It was only a matter of time before Phillips murdered someone. He was always a violent sociopath. After his short NFL career, he got mad at some guys with whom he played a pick up basketball game and drove his car into them. It's telling that after he was assessed and classified by the California Dept. of Corrections, he ended up in Kern Valley state prison, which is a maximum security joint.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Former Husker great Lawrence Phillips suspect in jail murder

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I remember it pretty clearly; I was more easily shocked back in my youth. But, it was several decades ago and I could be putting together several different stories. I do remember the dragging the gf down the stairs and also stories about the guy running for miles naked, in the rain.

I'm not going to go searching for it and we seem to be largely in agreement about the guy's character, so I'll let it drop and assume it was my memory at fault.
    Sure you're not thinking about this guy? It was pretty hard to keep them straight after a while.

Soon thereafter, police received several calls concerning the actions of Baldwin, who was naked and making his way eight blocks to a Lincoln residence.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1992-09-...ebraska-player

Oh, & re: the Phillips case, the death has been ruled homicide by strangulation:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ruled-homicide
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.