Thread: Smart phones...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Smart phones...

looking to get new phones for wifey and me.....currently have an android and
    have looked at iphone and android. Anyone have experience with both and
    which do you like better? TIA...

vCash

Re: Smart phones...

I have the Iphone 5s Hated it at 1st , Love it now that Im able to operate it some.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    I have the IPhone 6+. Little cumbersome b/c of size but I got bad eyes so I wanted the larger screen. No issues so far. However, in 2 years when I'm out of the contract I may try the droid. I hear good things about it that interest me. I doubt you go wrong other way.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    I have the IPhone 6+. Little cumbersome b/c of size but I got bad eyes so I wanted the larger screen. No issues so far. However, in 2 years when I'm out of the contract I may try the droid. I hear good things about it that interest me. I doubt you go wrong other way.
    The Galaxy's are getting too big as well. I had the S3, and it was just about the perfect size for my hand. Then I upgraded to the S5, and although it's better, they made it a bit too big for my liking.

It just comes down to a personal preference. Some like iphones, and some like galaxy. I've had Galaxy for long enough that I think switching over would just annoy me, but the reverse would probably be true. One thing I can say about Galaxies are that I've never had a cracked screen. Almost every iphone user I know of has broken their screen at least once.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    The Galaxy's are getting too big as well. I had the S3, and it was just about the perfect size for my hand. Then I upgraded to the S5, and although it's better, they made it a bit too big for my liking.

It just comes down to a personal preference. Some like iphones, and some like galaxy. I've had Galaxy for long enough that I think switching over would just annoy me, but the reverse would probably be true. One thing I can say about Galaxies are that I've never had a cracked screen. Almost every iphone user I know of has broken their screen at least once.
    Yup. I cracked mine after the 1st year. Then bot a waterproof protector for it.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Heard a bunch about broken screens...guy's tryin' ta sell me
    an insurance dealio....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    an insurance dealio....
    If ya get an iphone 5s get this for it, ya dont need insurance then unless yer prone to losing the thing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    I think the $6 a month insurance is worth it, specially when you got a 16 yr old like I do.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

I'm an Android guy. I only buy unlocked, and then I immediately unlock the bootloader and root.

My current daily driver is the OnePlus One, and I'm f'n in love with it.

vCash

an insurance dealio....
    It really depends on how much insurance costs and what it covers. Insurances don't usually cover water damage, and that's usually my main concern, so I don't mess with it. If you get the insurance, will they replace a cracked screen for free? I think a lot of places will charge you a fee even then, but maybe not the full amount.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm an Android guy. I only buy unlocked, and then I immediately unlock the bootloader and root.

i have a Nexus 6, but i'm kinda thinking that might have been better. i wsn't quite ready to jump into it without seeing one first

i'm also thinking a developer moto x might have been cool

i like the nexus 6 a lot, but i really don't need the screen that big, and would have bought a smaller version if they sold it

it is growing on me a bit though

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I use an iPhone because the apps are vetted and supposedly virus/malware free.

I self insure my phone rather than pay through the nose insurance... That and a good case like the Otter Box should fix you up.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

13. 4/13/2015, 08:32 AM

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post

That phone is the tits.

I have a problem with phones - as in I have 2 iphones, 2 androids, and 3 windows phones. Just fun to mess around with. In order - I like Android, then windows, then iphone.

Stick with what you know and love unless you're a weirdo who unlocks and roots phones.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

I appreciate all the feedback...the cracked screens is a big issue...not in favor
    of insurance 'cause I won't lose a phone...I'll dither some more, read some more
    and figger somthing....thanks again...

vCash

I appreciate all the feedback...the cracked screens is a big issue...not in favor
    of insurance 'cause I won't lose a phone...I'll dither some more, read some more
    and figger somthing....thanks again...
    Ive never lost a phone in 25 years er so. Wish i had bot that case sooner tho for the iphone i have. 80 bucks and its protected from craks and water, which is kinda important to me since I been known to get drunk in the hot tub and talk and text and send a few Pics LOL

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Ive never lost a phone in 25 years er so. Wish i had bot that case sooner tho for the iphone i have. 80 bucks and its protected from craks and water, which is kinda important to me since I been known to get drunk in the hot tub and talk and text and send a few Pics LOL
    Welp, back in '08 I walked into the Gulf of Mexico with my phone in
    my pocket...salt water and phone dint mix well....

vCash

Welp, back in '08 I walked into the Gulf of Mexico with my phone in
    my pocket...salt water and phone dint mix well....
    After a Kid jumped up in front of me one day and knocked mine out my hand I noticed a small crack. dint really hurt anything but i decided i better try to protect it. so I i got the Life proof deal. works great so far.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i have a Nexus 6, but i'm kinda thinking that might have been better. i wsn't quite ready to jump into it without seeing one first

i like the nexus 6 a lot, but i really don't need the screen that big, and would have bought a smaller version if they sold it

I'm not too keen on the Nexus 6, but a developer version of the Moto X (2nd Gen) would be freaking amazing. The Moto X really is fantastic. I had the 2013 version before the OPO. It hits well above its weight. I bought my mom the Moto G which absolutely blew me away with its performance/cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    That phone is the tits.

I have a problem with phones - as in I have 2 iphones, 2 androids, and 3 windows phones. Just fun to mess around with. In order - I like Android, then windows, then iphone.

Stick with what you know and love unless you're a weirdo who unlocks and roots phones.
    I'm a weirdo! I can't stop messing with phones, and I absolutely love them. A big part of anyone's decision when buying a new phone (well normal people -- not you and I) is what ecosystem they've bought into. If they've spent the last four years on iOS buying up iOS apps then you have to keep in mind that those apps are going to have to be re-purchased if they switch to Android or might not be available at all if they go with Windows Phone.

I loved my iPhone 3G, but I can't go back to iOS. The system is too closed and too controlled by Apple. I want full control over my phone, and I love being able to throw whatever file I want onto the phone and have it work whether it be a power point, a movie, document, music, etc.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    That phone is the tits.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    I use an iPhone because the apps are vetted and supposedly virus/malware free.

I self insure my phone rather than pay through the nose insurance... That and a good case like the Otter Box should fix you up.
    You aren't going to get a virus with an Android phone. The chances of that happening are about .01%. If you stick to the Play store rather than sideload then the chances are even less -- virtually 0%. It just can't and won't happen.