Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Elizabeth Warren doesn't think Boston Bomber should get death penalty

Elizabeth Warren says Dzhokhar Tsarnaev shouldn't get the death penalty

COLIN CAMPBELL

APR. 9, 2015, 2:22 PM 3,496 43

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Massachusetts) doesn't think convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should face the death penalty.

"My heart goes out to the families here, but I don't support the death penalty. I think that he should spend his life in jail. No possibility for parole. He should die in prison," Warren said Thursday on CBS' "This Morning.

On Wednesday, a jury found Tsarnaev guilty on all 30 counts for his infamous role in the 2013 terrorist attack, which left three people dead and more than 260 other people wounded. Tsarnaev is now eligible for the death penalty and the jury will decide his punishment in the next phase of the trial.

Warren, of the most prominent Democrats in the Senate, said people pushing for Tsarnaev to get the death penalty should think about the "alternative."

"The alternative to the death penalty is not ... turn this guy free. The point is he stays in prison; he dies in prison. He's put away. He's not a danger to anyone else. He's not a part of an ongoing story. He's not someone who's able to keep sucking up a lot of energy and a lot of attention. The families need their chance to heal, to move on beyond this," she said.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/eliza...#ixzz3Wqk1SKSk

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Elizabeth Warren doesn't think Boston Bomber should get death penalty

Luckily she won't be on the jury that decides.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Meh. Put him in gen pop. He won't last long.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

I kinda agree with her except Life with out Parole and has to eat Pig meat daily.
    Now If they go ahead and Croak him Make sure theres some Pig blood in that needle
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Luckily she won't be on the jury that decides.

5-0
    Right. She'll be the next POTUS, and everything will be just swell. Just like it is now.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Hmmm, welp, I don't think he should get the death penalty...most of
    jihadis want to be martyrs...so imo, let him rot in prison with no chance
    of parole....has nothing to do with fer er agin the death penalty...don't
    give him the satisfaction.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Meh. Put him in gen pop. He won't last long.
    Truth. Death row would keep him alive longer and cost a bunch of $$ with all the required court procedures.

vCash

She's being consistent, at least. I respect that.

vCash

Isn't prison's purpose supposedly to rehabilitate the inmate so he can return to society?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Isn't prison's purpose supposedly to rehabilitate the inmate so he can return to society?
    We need prison reform so incredibly bad in this country. We have a higher prison population than Communist China. The drug war is to blame for much of that. Our entire criminal justice system is rotten right down to the cops on the street.

vCash

Obviously not, or they wouldn't have a life sentence sans parole or the death penalty. Of course, you're really just making some sort of comment that escapes me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    We need prison reform so incredibly bad in this country. We have a higher prison population than Communist China. The drug war is to blame for much of that. Our entire criminal justice system is rotten right down to the cops on the street.
    for profit prisons and their lobby are to blame for a lot of that

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    You might want to restate that Lil bro. we a Higher % per capita. Not a Higher number in total

As for the DP Im pretty much ambivalent. I dont see the sense in it , Not that I think its necessarily wrong. In certain clear cut cases it should be levied and carried out swiftly Much like McVeigh. On the other hand sentence em to LWOP and quit all the endless Money wasting appeals and last ditch efforts by the Do Gooders to save some maggots life, Just lock em away.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Obviously not, or they wouldn't have a life sentence sans parole or the death penalty. Of course, you're really just making some sort of comment that escapes me.
    No that was the point. If there's no intent on rehabilitating the inmate to return to society then might as well execute him

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I wish Mcveigh was still waking up every morning with the slow realization of where he is. Feed him vitamins, put him on a treadmill and make him live to be 120. He got off easy.

vCash

Or to purge an evil from society.

vCash

No that was the point. If there's no intent on rehabilitating the inmate to return to society then might as well execute him
    I'm not for the DP in general. Mostly because some states I won't name (Texas) use it liberally and have many documented case of getting it wrong. Obviously not the case here, but inmates sit so long on death row and go through so many court procedures it just seems like a huge waste for the small number of cases that come up. I suspect getting life in prison is cheaper. It would rob prosecutors their spot in the limelight though.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I've always maintained that, since life is cheaper than death row, that we can assure that we never kill another innocent person by simply not having state sponsored death penalties.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I'm not for the DP in general. Mostly because some states I won't name (Texas) use it liberally and have many documented case of getting it wrong. Obviously not the case here, but inmates sit so long on death row and go through so many court procedures it just seems like a huge waste for the small number of cases that come up. I suspect getting life in prison is cheaper. It would rob prosecutors their spot in the limelight though.
    Thats always been my position is its cheaper in the long run to lock em up and throw away the key, Unless they WANT to die then go ahead and snuff em.

As far as getting it wrong? Very seldom is a Truly innocent man condemned to death.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill;4961186[B
    ]You might want to restate that Lil bro. we a Higher % per capita.[/B] Not a Higher number in total
    That's actually *worse*. You know that, right?