SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Austin Kendall QB North Carolina #27 for 2016

Austin Kendall #27 in the Rivals top 250. he's a QB, and a 4 star guy. Looks like a good addition! He's the #5 QB on the list.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...rank-3513/2016
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 4/7/2015 at 06:32 PM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Austin Kendall QB North Carolina #27 for 2016

Very good news! Welcome to the Sooner Nation, Austin Kendall.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, our highest ranked QB prospect in many years, and nobody seems too excited about him, or the fact that our new OC is who got him

vCash

My excitement is tempered because even though I follow recruiting closely and with considerable interest, and this is obviously an awesome get, I'm to the point we could land the far and away #1 class in the country and I'd still be skeptical of the likely on-field results.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Sad but true. Hard to be TRULY optimistic.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    My excitement is tempered because even though I follow recruiting closely and with considerable interest, and this is obviously an awesome get, I'm to the point we could land the far and away #1 class in the country and I'd still be skeptical of the likely on-field results.
    Here comes the co-thief of joy!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Here comes the co-thief of joy!
    Glad I have the power to temper your enthusiasm. You shouldn't give other people that much control over you.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

8-5 just last year, Mike continuing to look foolish and screwing upthe defense, losing 3 of the last 4 games to the effing baylor bears, the fiasco in the cotton bowl vs the johnny hymens, and last year's clemson no-show game...enough to temper one's enthusiasm.

vCash

Glad I have the power to temper your enthusiasm.
    You don't. I store your opinions away with TDTW's.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    You don't. I store your opinions away with TDTW's.
    So, in actuality you tried too hard to make a point and came across as looking foolish then?

Seems to be an ongoing problem of yours.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

let's not forget off the field antics as well

vCash

So, in actuality you tried too hard to make a point and came across as looking foolish then?

Seems to be an ongoing problem of yours.
    Wrong again.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

The fact is our recruiting rankings have fallen out of elite status for a number of years. It's been debated here what the real significance of that is, and I have yet to be convinced that it doesn't correlate to our non elite on field performance.

Let's get some classes with a few 5-stars for a few years running and let the debate be settled on the field.

If this new OC is getting us kids high on that Top 100 list like we used to I'm ready to throw a freekin party

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life View Post
    The fact is our recruiting rankings have fallen out of elite status for a number of years. It's been debated here what the real significance of that is, and I have yet to be convinced that it doesn't correlate to our non elite on field performance.

Let's get some classes with a few 5-stars for a few years running and let the debate be settled on the field.

If this new OC is getting us kids high on that Top 100 list like we used to I'm ready to throw a freekin party
    #27 guy in the country is supoib. Last year Joe Mixon was someone like that. Of course, one per year doesn't get us enough talent to compete for the top.

vCash

Saw the young 'un on ESPN Recruiting show today....just a kid already
    shoved into the spotlight.....committed to TN first then decommitted and
    then committed to OU...scared stiff in front of the camera...hard to believe
    that parents/coaches would let him do that...sure hope he gets some coaching
    on how to speak in complete sentences! Yeah, I know he's just a kid but some
    adults should get a spanking for letting him do that interview....imo...

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life View Post

The problem is we've never had classes with a few 5-star players for a few years running. That's a fairly common misconception of the "good old days". No question that we've had better classes in the past, they just weren't loaded with 5 star recruits, and they weren't year after year.

I look at Baylor and TCU, both teams that were among the elite last year, and if you look at the classes they've had that made up those teams, none of them were elite by any stretch.

I think it's more about what happens with the players we do get. That hasn't been a strong point in recent years, but it was at one time. I really hope we're getting back to that.