Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Eagles may trade Bradford to Browns?

And the rumor about the Browns trade continues.

At this point and time, the deal looks like a longshot. The potential trade, as outlined above, is risky for both parties. For the Browns, the loss of a first round pick could further set back the team, and Bradford's ability to stay healthy is in question. For the Eagles, there are too many variables attached to Manziel, rendering it impossible to project his effectiveness in 2015. And even with another first round pick, acquiring Mariota would not be a sure thing.

But in the wacky world of the NFL, anything is possible, even a trade such as this one.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Sam will wear #7 in Philadelphia; same number as Ron Jaworski...JAWS!

What do Norm Van Brocklin, Roman Gabriel, Ron Jaworski, and Sam Bradford have in common? All were traded from the Rams to the Iggles. Good company Sam.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

yer going back a ways. All I really hope is that Sam gets protection and stays healthy. If that happens, little doubt he will do well.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I should do a poll... what NFL team do you not want Sooners to end up with after they're done at OU.

I cannot wait for the draft... not only because I'm the eternal optimist that I'll finally have some Sooner Packers to root for instead of clinging to "Remember when Keith Jackson???" but also because these Eagles-Browns rumors will finally end.

Why haven't the Eagles started selling Sam Bradford jerseys yet??? Because trade for Marcus Mario Tata and Johnny Fooseball

Aries

vCash

I'm talking about Eagles pro shops.
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...terback-browns

NFLShop.com would sell my jersey with any number on any team if I asked it too It would sell me a Browns Bradford jersey probably even before the trade's finalized

NFLshop would sell YOU a jersey with whatever number/name you wanted, but they would not "sell my jersey"... as in to the general public.

So your contention then is that the Eagles Pro Shops are making the decision on whether to trade Bradford to the Browns?

Actually, I'm just messing with you. However, all that means is the Eagles Pro Shops are hesitant to order Bradford Jerseys (which I assume they would get from the NFL) because they may believe such a trade is possible and don't want to risk the investment. As conspiracy theories go, I doubt they have any information on what will happen. Or that selling/not selling jerseys has any influence on what the Eagles are going to do.

If they do trade him, those Eagles jerseys could be collectors items. Or at least help you out in a game of trivia
    Aries

vCash

So your contention then is that the Eagles Pro Shops are making the decision on whether to trade Bradford to the Browns?
    The precedent in this case is that the Eagles Pro Shops marked down Nick Foles jerseys two weeks before he got traded to the Rams. In other words, there's insider knowledge going around all facets of that organization, even the little jersey shops sponsored by the team.

So, I'm not trying to nitpick here. Sam Bradford sold DeMarco on taking less money and joining him in Philly, and now Philly wants to keep these Browns rumors alive and well up til the drat. Dick move, Philly... but couldn't expect anything less from a team whose fanbase loves to boo them

I AM trying to nitpick here...

Just to get you stirred up....

My motivation? Yeah.. that's pretty much it.
    Aries

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    I AM trying to nitpick here...

Just to get you stirred up....

My motivation? Yeah.. that's pretty much it.
    Nyuck nyuck nyuck happy Friday, but I'm an Aquarius stupid Aries

btw, go over and vBet on the Red-White game everyone. just posted a bunch of smut on vBookie

I'm not a real Aries. I was born Nov. 23, but I can't spell Saggita... Sagutta... Sagitery... See?

So I just tell people I'm an Aries.

I can spell Aries.

Aries
    (See???)
    Aries

vCash

Now that's just a bunch of Taurus poo.

vCash

By the gods, April 30th can't get here fast enough to dispel these stupid rumors!
    - Steve Reeves as Hercules, in Hercules and the Draftniks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Today we find out if Bradford will go to the Browns.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated said a source told him the Browns think they have a good chance before the draft starts to acquire Eagles-for-a-minute quarterback Sam Bradford.
    If Sam does end up with the Browns, he might as well retire. There's no protection up front for him at Cleveland.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

vCash

One thing that both Sam and Demarco have said publicly is that the desire to play together again was instrumental in bringing Demarco to Philly for less money than he would have gotten elsewhere (Jags and Raiders I think), so it would be a dick move for them to dispense Sam after he got them the best running back in the league (because who knows when and if AD will return).

If rumors are to be believed:
    1- Sam Bradford has refused to discuss contract extension with the Browns, meaning a trade would yield only one guaranteed year with the Browns
    2- Sam Bradford's agent once represented Tim Couch and Brady Quinn, so Sam's agent doesn't want Sam in Cleveland
    3- The trade will only happen if Chip Kelly can get the QB he really covets, Marcus Mariota. Because quack quack

Poor Sam. At least he got $50 million+ out of the Rams for years of learning new offenses that progressively lost more games after his rookie of the year season

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Sam will wear #7 in Philadelphia; same number as Ron Jaworski...JAWS!

What do Norm Van Brocklin, Roman Gabriel, Ron Jaworski, and Sam Bradford have in common? All were traded from the Rams to the Iggles. Good company Sam.
    Talk about obscure trivia. pRETTY COOL THOUGH,HOPE sAM FARES AS WELL AS THE OTHERS
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Meh, that NFL draft show just needed some Las Vegas dancing girls to add more hype. After the 1st 2 selections in was over and imo the NFL channel and ESPiN just made up all this trade crap to hype their production which w/o any of these Sammy trade rumors and speculation their show would've been even more pizz-poor than it was.
    I still think Kelly is banking on Sammy's injury luck changing and anyway, it would be pretty lame to use him to get Demarco to bolt from Dallas and then send Sammy packing. That's pretty low.
    I sure hope Sammy makes it thought the whole season and kills it next year and then tells the Beagles to shove it and gets back to the West, Midwest or even Houston or Dallas.
    Luckily there was the NBA Playoffs and Live Golf on at about the same time although the 1st NBA game was just a joke.

vCash

That was arguably one of the most boring NFL Drafts in recent history. Hardly any trades, hardly any surprises and worst of all, no Sooners taken. Gah. I miss the old Al Davis/Jerry Jones fest of taking skill players too high... or the Jaguars/Browns doing something dumb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Meh, that NFL draft show just needed some Las Vegas dancing girls to add more hype. After the 1st 2 selections in was over and imo the NFL channel and ESPiN just made up all this trade crap to hype their production which w/o any of these Sammy trade rumors and speculation their show would've been even more pizz-poor than it was.
    I still think Kelly is banking on Sammy's injury luck changing and anyway, it would be pretty lame to use him to get Demarco to bolt from Dallas and then send Sammy packing. That's pretty low.
    I sure hope Sammy makes it thought the whole season and kills it next year and then tells the Beagles to shove it and gets back to the West, Midwest or even Houston or Dallas.
    Luckily there was the NBA Playoffs and Live Golf on at about the same time although the 1st NBA game was just a joke.
    At one point, TV was 20 minutes behind the actual picks. guhhhhhh

vCash

You could tell how far behind they were every time they showed the fountains... hey, those aren't the _______'s team colors!