Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Eagles may trade Bradford to Browns?

Considering Murray said having the opportunity to play with Bradford again was a big part of the reason he was interested in Philadelphia, Kelly trading him to Cleveland would be quite a turn of events. Really though, if it happens he should just retire. Guy has put in his time playing for a team that could not protect him or give him a decent target. I can't imagine him wanting to start over with that a second time.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

While we're on the subject of Cleveland, I guess it's more or less official that Cleveland considers JFF to be a bust? Cleveland gave him all of 5 games before they were ready to completely write off their #1 pick.. Excluding injuries, was that the fastest bust in NFL history?
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    While we're on the subject of Cleveland, I guess it's more or less official that Cleveland considers JFF to be a bust? Cleveland gave him all of 5 games before they were ready to completely write off their #1 pick.. Excluding injuries, was that the fastest bust in NFL history?
    It would be hard to beat JaMarcus Russell in any NFL bust competition. He held out through training camp to start things off and didn't play much his rookie year. This was before the new rookie contract rules and he was the #1 overall pick with a $30M+ guaranteed contract out of $60M total. So he was much more expensive than JFF will ever be. He was released after 3 years, but never produced, so was really a bust from the get go. Also, JFF was a first round pick, but not Cleveland's first pick as they had 2 picks: #8 Justin Gilbert and #22 JFF.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Another question for you all: What was the worst set of first round picks for the Cleveland Browns:
    (a) Justin Gilbert and Johnny Football or
    (b) Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden

Fun Fact: Both bad sets include Pokes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

a. Weeden can actually play. When they let him out of the old folks home.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I think we have to give option B more time. Option A is Grade-A suck between Trent being out of football and Weeden practically out (I don't think Dallas is high on keeping him). The only way Option B could suck more is if both aren't in the league a few years from now. At least Brandon and Trent clung to NFL rosters up till this past season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

While Sam could play the retirement card if this scenario plays out, I would love to see him go to Cleveland and have a Comeback Player of the Year kind of season. Like someone said earlier, the fan base there would revere him like no other. Right now I'm believing Kelly targeting Sam as his man. But the man is full of surprises.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    While Sam could play the retirement card if this scenario plays out, I would love to see him go to Cleveland and have a Comeback Player of the Year kind of season. Like someone said earlier, the fan base there would revere him like no other. Right now I'm believing Kelly targeting Sam as his man. But the man is full of surprises.
    Cleveland is the NFL equivalent of the outpost in Siberia.

vCash

Sam has already said he wouldn't sign an extension w/ Cleveland. Anything they might be willing to offer for a 1 season guy isn't going to be worthwhile to Kelly.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerLB's Avatar
    vCash

If Kelly thinks Mariotta will EVER be as good as Sam, then maybe he is the one that needs to go to Cleveland.
    I'm no rocket surgeon, but . . . I am a member of the OLEVET POSSE!

"I'm too busy to help out right now....I'm trying to train a lizard to jump through hoops." - StoopTroup

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerLB View Post
    If Kelly thinks Mariotta will EVER be as good as Sam, then maybe he is the one that needs to go to Cleveland.
    ^^^ This.

I'm amazed at how short memories are, of what a truly amazing QB Sam Bradford is. If he's rehab'd and actually given a team... sky's the limit.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Good read from NJ.com where they interviewed K. Wilson about Sammy B.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...er_for_ch.html

Wilson says his expectations for the Bradford-Chip Kelly marriage in Philadelphia are sky high.

You need a guy who can distribute the ball, can spread it around the field and to do so you have the arm to make all the throws but you need the vision and the mind and the decision making to do things quickly.

Sam's ability to process information quickly and distribute the ball and get it out of his hand was the key to him having a great career at Oklahoma and I think that is one of the key things that attracted Chip and the offensive guys considering Sam."

"A lot of people think the no-huddle spread game in college is a lot of option running, zone running and quarterback running, but we really played to Sam's strengths and he played very well. Chip's got that background from Oregon and he had a guy in Nick Foles who wasn't necessarily a move around kind of guy, he's kind of a pocket guy, but you're still in shot gun, you're still playing tempo, you're still in spread ...

"I think that's one of Sam's greatest attributes. He's a tremendous athlete, great thrower, but he has an unbelievably quick mind. He's very, very smart but he's very, very quick with his mind.
    Of course all that won't be worth a damn, unless he stays healthy, which I think Kelly is gambling that Sam's luck in that regard will change in 2015. I don't know if he's goes free agent after this year, but if he does, it sure would be nice to see him bolt after one healthy glorious year in Philly back to someplace in the mid-west, west, or even Texas.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

When OU had Bradford they ran what is basically Kelly's offense before he ran it at Oregon.

vCash

I want him to Go to a team that will protect him and give him some recievers, AT the same time.
    If the Eagles are it Great!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Joe Walsh still with the Eagles?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    It would be hard to beat JaMarcus Russell in any NFL bust competition. He held out through training camp to start things off and didn't play much his rookie year. This was before the new rookie contract rules and he was the #1 overall pick with a $30M+ guaranteed contract out of $60M total. So he was much more expensive than JFF will ever be. He was released after 3 years, but never produced, so was really a bust from the get go. Also, JFF was a first round pick, but not Cleveland's first pick as they had 2 picks: #8 Justin Gilbert and #22 JFF.
    One Name , Ryan Leaf !
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Joe Walsh still with the Eagles?
    He should never have left the James Gang. Simple, straight forward rock.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Saw them in Colorado Springs in '71.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

He's a pretty salty talent. Has done a lot of good music over the years, also as solo headliner. His song with the Eagles, "In the City", was one of his best, IMO.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Saw them in Colorado Springs in '71.

5-0
    YOU DOG!