Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Eagles may trade Bradford to Browns?

In an effort to get Mariota. It's just a theory, but this years draft could get interesting.

Link

So that brings me to my not-so crazy/crazy theory. Chip Kelly wants Mariota. There is no doubt in my mind about that one. He now has a tradeable asset in Sam Bradford. Peter King reported in his MMQB column this week that the Cleveland Browns offered the St. Louis Rams a first round pick for Bradford before he was traded to the Eagles. The Rams didn't like the deal because they weren't getting a quarterback in return.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Eagles may trade Bradford to Browns?

No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o, not the Browns, unless the Browns dump Johnny
    Football down a hole....

vCash

If that happens I hope Sam just retires and ****s em all up
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Marriota is a poor man's Johnny Football and will be just as successful. Marriota got exposed by the Buckeyes.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I tend to agree with you regarding Mariota's skill set. On the other hand, Mariota seems to be a diligent, hard working, disciplined, team oriented, decent, good hearted, honest and truthful guy. With those qualities, he might well do better than Johnny Effing.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Marriota is a poor man's Johnny Football and will be just as successful. Marriota got exposed by the Buckeyes.
    You watched a different game than I did. tOSU had twice the stud power as the Ducks at most positions, but Marriota played well given what he had to work with. That doesn't mean he'll make a good NFL QB, but he will be a step up from JFF.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

NFL player survey: You would have to triple my salary for me to want to play for the...
    (A) Cleveland Browns
    (B) Oakland Raiders

It's a toss-up, which is a shame because both teams have such passionate fanbases for such sucky franchises

vCash

Here's how you settle the toss up: after work, in the case of one you're in Cleveland. In the case of the other, you're in the Bay Area. Pretty well settles things.

vCash

Cleveland traffic > Oakland traffic. Ohio taxes < California taxes.

Man this really is a who knows question. I'd toss Jax into there but Florida is a sunshine filled income tax haven

I'll give Oakland the nod for worst team to play for, because they nearly blew their first win last year because the dum dum rookies wouldn't stop celebrating a sack

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    If that happens I hope Sam just retires and ****s em all up
    That's what I was thinking. As for the Browns, Chris Mortensen thinks they are done with Manziel.

"I think about 90 percent that they have moved on [from Manziel] in their own minds except that they really don't know who they're going to get when Johnny leaves rehab, which has been an extended stay — a two-month stay. He should be getting out sometime in the first week of April if they're satisfied that he's ready to go out and get into society and that whatever deep-rooted problems that he had has been addressed. OK, now he's part of your depth chart. You have Josh McCown."
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

vCash

I think about 90 percent that they have moved on
    Like Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos... first round pick is no job security. Cutting losses and moving on is the new NFL (so long as it doesn't impact your salary cap too much).

Rookies really have no job security anymore, compared to the Sam Bradford (and earlier) era where the top picks got millions guaranteed and were among the highest paid at their positions. With all the draft busts over the years, what's the big deal with a first rounder, even a first round quarterback, not panning out?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Like Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos... first round pick is no job security. Cutting losses and moving on is the new NFL (so long as it doesn't impact your salary cap too much).

Rookies really have no job security anymore, compared to the Sam Bradford (and earlier) era where the top picks got millions guaranteed and were among the highest paid at their positions. With all the draft busts over the years, what's the big deal with a first rounder, even a first round quarterback, not panning out?
    The wasted time investment still hurts as the league is a "win now" proposition. But you're correct that the new CBA reduces that cost (both time and money) for rookie busts. Looking at the Browns, they were a QB away from being a playoff contender last season, but they still lack that QB. By the time they actually find one, the other pieces of the puzzle could bleed away. I guess this just points to the Browns being a poorly run organization for a long time now.

vCash

There's a school of thought that holds that the best thing to do with a sports team is to spend little money on it and milk it. I haven't done any research, but I wonder how the Browns look in terms of profitability (defined as return on investment.) They might surprise you in that department.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    There's a school of thought that holds that the best thing to do with a sports team is to spend little money on it and milk it. I haven't done any research, but I wonder how the Browns look in terms of profitability (defined as return on investment.) They might surprise you in that department.
    Very possible. Fans assume that winning is the primary goal, but that is just one of the means to the end of making money. A rising tide does lift all boats and the NFL is a pretty high tide. Just controlling costs could be a sound (fiscal) policy.

vCash

It's not impossible, but it's unlikely.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Very possible. Fans assume that winning is the primary goal, but that is just one of the means to the end of making money. A rising tide does lift all boats and the NFL is a pretty high tide. Just controlling costs could be a sound (fiscal) policy.
    Example: Donald Sterling.

vCash

Okay, so I was wrong. On an operating basis, the Browns have lost money for at least several years. Not much, really, $2-3 mill a year. But they are losers at the bank as well as on the field.
    Now, where they are NOT losers is in the area of appreciation. Bought in around 2000 for a half bill, they sold a year or so ago for just a touch under a bill. Somewhere around a 5% per annum rate of return. Not too bad. And particularly so when you consider that that time period included the largest attack on the US homeland since WWII, two foreign wars and the biggest economic bout of dysentery since the GD.
    Especially since you'd have the pleasure of knowing that you were custodian of the only thing Cleveland had going for it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Especially since you'd have the pleasure of knowing that you were custodian of the only thing Cleveland had going for it.
    What about Drew Carey?

vCash

He left.
    He now lives in LA and NYC

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Example: Donald Sterling.
    Bill Bidwill...He got lucky when he hired the last 2 HC's, finally.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.