Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Did Anybody Watch "Killing Jesus" Last Night On National Geographic?

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm not a believer in the divinity of Jesus, but I'd rather his name and legacy not be politicized.
    HAHAHAHA, yeah that cease any day now. (Stop it, you're killing me)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Well, given the whole separation of church and state thing, you're right
    about spiritual needs aspect. On the other hand, with so many being
    below the poverty line, not so sure about the physical needs part. We
    have had many discussions on this board about ways to help those in
    need to help themselves, some really good ideas that have even been
    suggested to our elected leaders only to fall on deaf ears (both parties).
    Charity that addresses only the physical needs without addressing the spirirual needs of the community is the reason we have a broken black communtity and are, as a society, failing the poor in this country. I think the lack of spirituality is a huge problem with our large corpirations, politicians and 1%ers.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

i think Jesus was pretty clear about taxes and intrusive government

he was also pretty clear about fleecing people in the name of religion, if i remember my mythology right

spirituality is not the government's job.

i think Gandhi summed it up pretty well:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

started watching it....it was good especially on Palm Sunday. Then the boy wanted to watch Walking Dead...I did tape it so I'll pick it up.

As far as the libs believing or not...I wouldn't plan on any non Christian believing any of it.

My two cents..about the whole dem/pub that Serenity said..

1. Did ya see who YOUR DEM leader golfed with the other day? Might check that out..sure wasn't some homeless person or even a middle class person...or even someone in the 99% group..but go ahead and believe he's for the non-rich. I'm sure if a pub president did that y'all would be all over that. Please don't compare to anything the president did 6 and half YEARS ago.

2. You have an obligation to provide for YOUR family first. Probably EVERYONE on this board goes above and beyond. So unless you are living the bare minimum, food, shelter, clothing, etc..without ANY extras..or more than needed (see shelter, food, clothing) don't say a thing.

I haven't looked but Serenity, you ever answer my question about using the word "white" to describe folks? just asking
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 3/30/2015 at 07:21 PM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

i'm sure you missed the subtlety of his point about "the blacks" just like you did with the "government employees" bit before

vCash

I bet Jesus wouldn't have voted even if Obama forced him to.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i think Jesus was pretty clear about taxes and intrusive government

he was also pretty clear about fleecing people in the name of religion, if i remember my mythology right

spirituality is not the government's job.

i think Gandhi summed it up pretty well:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
    Yet the Muslims didn't like Gandhi and formed Pakistan...go figure?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I bet Jesus wouldn't have voted even if Obama forced him to.
    Well Jesus was poor...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    started watching it....it was good especially on Palm Sunday. Then the boy wanted to watch Walking Dead...I did tape it so I'll pick it up.

As far as the libs believing or not...I wouldn't plan on any non Christian believing any of it.

My two cents..about the whole dem/pub that Serenity said..

1. Did ya see who YOUR DEM leader golfed with the other day? Might check that out..sure wasn't some homeless person or even a middle class person...or even someone in the 99% group..but go ahead and believe he's for the non-rich. I'm sure if a pub president did that y'all would be all over that. Please don't compare to anything the president did 6 and half YEARS ago.

2. You have an obligation to provide for YOUR family first. Probably EVERYONE on this board goes above and beyond. So unless you are living the bare minimum, food, shelter, clothing, etc..without ANY extras..or more than needed (see shelter, food, clothing) don't say a thing.

I haven't looked but Serenity, you ever answer my question about using the word "white" to describe folks? just asking
    You can smooch my 3/4 white arse. No tongue please. I don't want to make sally kerns list.

Don't say inappropriate things and I won't comment on it.

I voted for w. I never begrudged him his vacations. I read that Obama would have to take off for the rest of his presidency to match bush's time off.

I know plenty of Christians who are democratic. The Jesus would be a republican line is classic.

vCash

He'd be from the Green Party.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    So, what does your post have to do with Fan's post that you quoted?
    Fan: "But at least from the media and political side of the liberal spectrum you cannot deny that there is more than a small amount hostility shown toward the Christian faith."

Lots of moving parts, among liberals and among the different parts (i.e., groups) of "the" Christian faith. But it's true that some liberals don't like some groups of Christians. Those same liberals tend to agree with what Jesus said (how to treat the poor and the stranger/foreigner).
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

The greatest commandment. ....and your neighbor as yourself.

vCash

Pretty sure when I go to Mexico I will obey their laws and leave when I'm supposed to...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Opinion noted. See ya in some other thread. Sorry this discussion makes you so uncomfortable.

Not uncomfartable one bit. (misspelling intended).

This thread is silly, period.

My guess is that if Jesus was anything he'd be Independent.

When I think of Jesus throwing out the Jewish moneychangers in the Temple I think of Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers. Oh, and Romney and his 47% remark. That one's very Christian.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Do you think of Jesus leading the way for abortion rights, trannies and the whole sexual orientation thing or is that where he goes independent?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I sure don't see him leading the charge to nuke Iran.

I haven't a clue about Jesus's stand on when life begins.

I have no evidence Jesus wasn't gay.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Do you see him bombing Libya?

So you don't know if Jesus was gay or if he supported gay marriage and you don't know where Jesus stood on abortion but you know he supported Obamacare...

And I thought I was going to miss 8th...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Silly Thread.

5-0
    Well, you are more than welcome to exit said thread. Gotta love when people complain about threads...don't read the damn things then.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Do you see him bombing Libya?

So you don't know if Jesus was gay or if he supported gay marriage and you don't know where Jesus stood on abortion but you know he supported Obamacare...

And I thought I was going to miss 8th...
    I certainly don't see Jesus bombing Libya...remember he said that if your enemy smacks your cheek, show him the other one. This a great idea in theory, but certainly doesn't work in this day and age...people will just get taken advantage of.

It is safe to assume that Jesus would have frowned upon gay marriage...just as he told the woman about to be stoned to death..."Go and sin no more." Jesus' teachings were from the Bible and the Bible clearly states that marriage is between one man and one woman...so I would think he would counsel the subjects and tell them to seek guidance from the Father. BUT, that is pure speculation.

It is certainly silly to try and comprehend who Jesus would react to all of the issues in todays world. I, for one, would only lean towards what the Bible says because of Jesus' many references to "the Torah". As far as political parties...not so much...I have no inclination as to which side of the aisle Jesus would fall on, but since he taught of loving one another...it is a fair assumption that he strive to bipartisan.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    I certainly don't see Jesus bombing Libya...remember he said that if your enemy smacks your cheek, show him the other one. This a great idea in theory, but certainly doesn't work in this day and age...people will just get taken advantage of.

It is safe to assume that Jesus would have frowned upon gay marriage...just as he told the woman about to be stoned to death..."Go and sin no more." Jesus' teachings were from the Bible and the Bible clearly states that marriage is between one man and one woman...so I would think he would counsel the subjects and tell them to seek guidance from the Father. BUT, that is pure speculation.

It is certainly silly to try and comprehend who Jesus would react to all of the issues in todays world. I, for one, would only lean towards what the Bible says because of Jesus' many references to "the Torah". As far as political parties...not so much...I have no inclination as to which side of the aisle Jesus would fall on, but since he taught of loving one another...it is a fair assumption that he strive to bipartisan.
    I don't think Jesus would be aligned with any party either, well, unless it was one that supported obamacare