Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Did Anybody Watch "Killing Jesus" Last Night On National Geographic?

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Pretty sure when I go to Mexico I will obey their laws and leave when I'm supposed to...
    I heard that Mexico was checking the backgrounds of visitors and was
    not allowing "Okie's" in....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I don't think Jesus would be aligned with any party either, well, unless it was one that supported obamacare
    Tyranny!!!!!! [you've got to yell it like Mel Gibson yelling "freedom" in Braveheart - also works better with the Gadsden flag as your avatar]

Agree with Tampa, mostly. The red letters in the Bible don't address homosexuality. It's addressed in Leviticus. Here are some fun things addressed in that book: failure to include salt in offerings, letting your hair be unkempt, shaving forbidden, eating an animal which doesn't both chew cud and has a divided hoof, mixing fabrics, sleeping with another man's slave, selling an Israelite as a slave, and having sex with parent/child/grandchild/sister-in-law/daughter-in-law/father's wife/aunt/half-sister/uncle's wife/neighbor/neighbor's wife/etc. I go to that part of the book for historical reference and that's all. Paul touches on it but Paul's words are not written in red. And, Paul's letters are sometimes taken out of context as they're written to a specific group and are not necessarily a doctrine. The letter that Paul would write to San Francisco today would differ from the letter written to Oklahoma.
    --------------
    “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I see where you are going, Serenity.

It can be argued that Jesus did speak of homosexuality in Mark:

What comes out of you is what defiles you. For from within, out of your hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile you. (Mark 7:20-23)
    While he does not address it specifically, it is often deemed sexual immoral, so he is addressing it.

I also see the conundrum..."Love your neighbor as yourself". I also found this interesting point of view:

It seems beyond reasonable doubt that Paul intended to condemn homosexual conduct (but not homosexual people) in the most general and theologically broad terms he knew. His three scattered references fit together in an impressive way as an expression of God’s will as he saw it
    Anyway...all of that aside...after watching Killing Jesus...we know the story and how it turns out...I found the kindness of Jesus and his everlasting love displayed even when on the cross to be a life lesson that I hope to use more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Not uncomfartable one bit. (misspelling intended).

This thread is silly, period.

My guess is that if Jesus was anything he'd be Independent.

When I think of Jesus throwing out the Jewish moneychangers in the Temple I think of Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers. Oh, and Romney and his 47% remark. That one's very Christian.

5-0
    If it is silly why do you keep posting in it? I avoid threads I consider silly. You obviously have a point or opinion you want heard.

The whole premise of the thread is to point out the hypocrisy of the left as they supposedly embrace the tenets of what Christ espoused but vociferously denounce those who follow(admittedly a lot of times imperfectly) his tenets. I think the disconnect comes from the left, in general, being hypocritical and not wanting to be held to personal standards. They would prefer that their personal responsibility of stepping up and caring for their neighbors be handled by an authoritarian impersonal bureaucratic government that takes about 25% of every dollar it forcibly collects for its own use. Add in the money borrowed from future generations and that figure increases to 50% of the money the federal government spends benefits the government only or is borrowed. What kind of credible charity spends borrowed money?
    Last edited by FaninAma; 3/31/2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    If it is silly why do you keep posting in it? I avoid threads I consider silly. You obviously have a point or opinion you want heard.

The whole premise of the thread is to point out the hypocrisy of the left as they supposedly embrace the tenets of what Christ espoused but vociferously denounce those who follow(admittedly a lot of times imperfectly) his tenets. I think the disconnect comes from the left, in general, being hypocritical and not wanting to be held to personal standards. They would prefer that their personal responsibility of stepping up and caring for their neighbors be handled by an authoritarian impersonal bureaucratic government that takes about 25% of every dollar it forcibly collects for its own use. Add in the money borrowed from future generations and that figure increases to 50% of the money the federal government spends benefits the government only or is borrowed. What kind of credible charity spends borrowed money?
    The left, much like Ghandi, has no problems with Christianity but with the actions of Christians. And, by that, I mean SOME Christians. I disagree with many of my very good friends on a few theological issues. We agree on 95% of it. So, it's not a deal breaker. For example, I don't know that there's some awesome plan for my life because that would imply that some poor soul in India had a crappy plan for their life. And, free will has to play in there in some form. I don't personally prescribe to the whole notion of predetermination. But I'm not going to not be friends with or worship with these people because of that. I will express my difference of opinion when those issues arise. I've done that and we're still friends.

Now, on to spending dollars that we don't have:

....defense spending....

mic drop.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Now, on to spending dollars that we don't have:

....bloated social programs/entitlements for poor....

mic drop.
    Good Call!!! Bravo!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Good Call!!! Bravo!!!
    So the military isn't a bloated entitlement machine. Good to know.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    Well, since the government is actually SUPPOSED to protect the citizens and all of that...the social/entitlements programs are more offensive.

We get it...the libs would rather slash the military and keep the poor beholden to them...just a form of modern day slavery!

vCash

Well, since the government is actually SUPPOSED to protect the citizens and all of that...the social/entitlements programs are more offensive.

We get it...the libs would rather slash the military and keep the poor beholden to them...just a form of modern day slavery!
    They're not mutually exclusive. They can actually BOTH be bloated entitlement machines.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Well, you are more than welcome to exit said thread. Gotta love when people complain about threads...don't read the damn things then.

Oh, sometimes I like to follow along for entertainment value. Much like watching Fox.

And I love watching some of you fellas get your panties in a twist.

The Prince of Peace is supposed to be a Hawk ? Gimme a break.

So far no one's argument hasn't convinced my that Jesus was against gays or even gay himself. You can throw out the Old Testament stuff. Way too much 'smiting' going on for Jesus to go along with.

Someone beat me to the Military entitlement hoax. We used to defend our country. Now we're the aggressors, starting wars on sovereign nations. And not budgeting the cost involved. Sounds like we're the Romans.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    They're not mutually exclusive. They can actually BOTH be bloated entitlement machines.
    Touche

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Oh, sometimes I like to follow along for entertainment value. Much like watching Fox.

And I love watching some of you fellas get your panties in a twist.

The Prince of Peace is supposed to be a Hawk ? Gimme a break.

So far no one's argument hasn't convinced my that Jesus was against gays or even gay himself. You can throw out the Old Testament stuff. Way too much 'smiting' going on for Jesus to go along with.

Someone beat me to the Military entitlement hoax. We used to defend our country. Now we're the aggressors, starting wars on sovereign nations. And not budgeting the cost involved. Sounds like we're the Romans.

5-0
    So to summarize...You're acting like a troll

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

So to summarize...You're acting like a troll

Trolls simply post to stir things up.

I'd like to think that some of my posts make sense even if you or others disagree with me. Life would be bored if everyone thought the same.

Maybe you could look back a few pages and see how many Troll Threads I've started........

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    I heard that Mexico was checking the backgrounds of visitors and was
    not allowing "Okie's" in....
    First it was Cali now its Mexico...

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Atheist here, but I appreciate the teachings of Jesus. I would think he would be hanging out with the immigrants, gays and poor people.
    "If you don't agree with gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones that keep having gay babies."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Atheist here, but I appreciate the teachings of Jesus. I would think he would be hanging out with the immigrants, gays and poor people.
    Yeah, the gay messiah would also be helping the poor out at abortion clinics and officiating at gay weddings
    ...providing free anal lube For all attendees.
    Last edited by okie52; 3/31/2015 at 05:18 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    Foreign interventionism is a waste of lives and money.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I don't think Jesus would be aligned with any party either, well, unless it was one that supported obamacare
    Jesus would not have supported Obamacare. He threw the moneychangers out of the Temple; I think he would do the same for the hospitals. IOW he would have held out for Single Payer.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

I didn't see the "Killing Jesus" special, but I did see the South Park Easter special on last Sunday. Finally! someone explained the whole bunny and colored egg thing in a way that I could understand. And Jesus did get killed, but he got better.

vCash

Although I'm not a Christian, I'm ideologically opposed to killing Jesus.