Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Keith Ford suspended

Indefinitely
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: Keith Ford suspended

Drugs or not going to class?
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Think it said Grades and Team rules.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Good grief.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Sheesh. Hope he pulls his head out and gets back on the team. If he doesn't start, he's gotta be in the mix for carries and to step in if someone, heaven forbids, is injured.

vCash

And here I was hoping all the dramatics of last season were all last season. Cripes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Yes.

P.S. I don't know.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    And here I was hoping all the dramatics of last season were all last season. Cripes.
    They were. This is part of the upcoming seasons' dramatics. Stay tuned.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    They were. This is part of the upcoming seasons' dramatics. Stay tuned.
    Heh, Some people need to learn to
    Pay Tention!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Keith's dad discusses suspension here:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...1ce8368c7.html

An excerpt:
    TW: Stoops’ comment in your statement – “I will never shut a kid out” – was that something he said to you yesterday?

Mr. Ford: “Yes. That made us feel like a million bucks. We knew Keith had his support regardless. That acknowledged, ‘OK, let’s take a look at this.’ Now, the violation of team rules, it is what it is. But we think the bigger picture is the underlying issues that resulted in this, and we’re going to have a chance to revisit where Keith stands with the team.”

TW: Can you clarify the violation of team rules any?

Mr. Ford: “Attendance was a big issue. He’s working on it. That’s across the board, attendance in academics and participating in football activities. If you’re late at anything at OU, you suffer some penalty. People take that statement (violation of team rules) and they really don’t understand what it means unless you’re a player or a player’s parent. And then you realize there are several rules in regards to your participation. What you do academically can affect what you do on the field. There’s a connection.”

vCash

Well, out in the professional world, being on time and being where
    one is supposed to be when one is supposed to be there is a highly
    regarded trait. Sounds as though Stoops and the Ford family want
    Keith to understand that. Heh, Coughlin (Giants HC) would fine his
    players if they weren't five minutes EARLY to scheduled meetings.
    Stoops' loyalty to players and coaches is legendary...I bet Keith
    comes around!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Stoops' loyalty to players and coaches is legendary...I bet Keith
    comes around!
    As talented as we are at running back with Joe and Samaje in the backfield (together at the same time, reportedly! hehe), Keith Ford had some solid performances last year and we'd be missing out if he decided to transfer, or quit showing up to class/practice

Come back, Keith!

vCash

Hmmm. Based on that interview, this is a continuation of some of the drama from last season. Vindication!

Seriously, he's a solid player who could contribute -- and has contributed -- a great deal to the team. I hope he gets his problems resolved and returns.

Administrator
    vCash

There is some speculation that Ford is dealing with some depression (brought on by the injury he suffered against Tennessee and never getting back to 100%). I have no idea if that's true, or not, but it would kind of fit the narrative. The depression led to him missing classes, and eventually being suspended.

Whatever the case is, it sounds like it was very out of character for Keith, and I hope he can get it squared away and get completely healthy. Whether he plays this year, or not, doesn't really matter in the big picture. What's most important is that he's healthy and okay.

vCash

Yup I wish him the best, It was reported earlier that he was thinking of transferring tho. I hope not.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

don't think keith's folks would accept him moving away from the program. they sound very fortunate that keith has every chance to get on track and his depression may sink even deeper if he were to move to another program. depression is a tough one. everyone handles it differently. I remember when I quit playing college ball I began drinking, smoking herb, and TRANSFERRED TO OSU!! luckily I snapped out of it and found things I really enjoyed doing. Its possible keith can find peace at another school but the foundation and support is there for him at OU. We'll see. I hope he gets better, no matter where it is.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Yup I wish him the best, It was reported earlier that he was thinking of transferring tho. I hope not.
    He maybe might as well. He lost his job to Perine last year, and with Mixon coming in I can imagine he'd have even less this year

vCash

We don't HAVE to have him, but we definitely could use him. Hope he gets it together.

vCash

I like that it sounds/looks like he actually has a support program in in place.

He's broken rules and has to suffer the consequences. But, he doesn't sound like a bad kid... and maybe seeing/having people, even when they're punishing you... still sticking by you, trying to help you on the right path. That speaks volumes.

I was going to say something unpleasant about Ford, on the surface of this... but instead, I wish the young man well... and I hope he gets his opportunities on the field, thru some recovery.