Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cruz question

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Cruz question

Well rubio is an amnesty guy...pretty well ruined himself for no apparent reason.

vCash

So shutting down the government is unforgivable but granting amnesty to 4-5,009,000 illegals is the right thing to do?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Shutting down the government and showboating about it is wrong. He knew it was going to end up costing millions on the back end. He's a caricature.

You're right. There are no reasonable republicans.

vCash

Heh heh...yeah those dam unreasonable pubs...enforcing immigration laws is so unreasonable.

vCash

I particularly liked obama giving illegals access to social security benefits...that was a classic.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Heh heh...yeah those dam unreasonable pubs...enforcing immigration laws is so unreasonable.
    A Bipartisan Senate passed an Immigration law. Repubs and Dems.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

5-0
    Well that didn't pass the house now did it?

Less than 1/3 of the pubs voted for it...but hey that makes it bipartisan. So what's the current law?

But I know you think we "owe" it to them...eh,?

Kind of like congress (both the house and the senate in this case) passed keystone with "bipartisan" support until obama vetoed it...so no keystone.

vCash

Again, telling me that you know what I think can only make you look the fool.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Gee 5-0, I don't want to put words in your mouth.

So you don't think we should enforce immigration laws because the senate passed a bill that never became law...that about size it up for you?

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

5-0
    Why would you want 10 million illegals legal? They broke the law, they will be a blight to society (most) and they broke the law... Why reward law breakers? What about all the millions of others, who followed the law and process and did it right to become citizens? Most of the illegals do not want to be Americans, they want to be whatever country allegiance they have and work in the U.S. We are not an employment society. We are fast becoming a welfare society...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

And the alternative is to do........nothing ?

I'm all for responsible Immigration Reform. Lots ( not all) have been here a long time and deserve a chance to become citizens down the road. They need to be accounted for and let them start paying taxes now, not when Boehner retires or is indicted.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Gee 5-0, I don't want to put words in your mouth.

If you really believe that then don't. It's simple.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Shutting down the government and showboating about it is wrong. He knew it was going to end up costing millions on the back end. He's a caricature.

You're right. There are no reasonable republicans.
    I heard one report that Cruz's stunt cost the economy $49B...caricature is
    an accurate description.

vCash

And the alternative is to do........nothing ?

I'm all for responsible Immigration Reform. Lots ( not all) have been here a long time and deserve a chance to become citizens down the road. They need to be accounted for and let them start paying taxes now, not when Boehner retires or is indicted.

5-0
    Sure sounds like you believe we "owe" it to them simply because they've been here illegally a long time.

What taxes are they going to be paying that they aren't already paying now? Most of them will have incomes too low for federal and state income taxes. They already pay sales taxes and many already pay into SS because of using fraudulent SS#'s with no chance of receiving any benefit (that's a positive for SS unless Obama's amnesty goes through).

And just who do you think is going to shoulder the burden of their citizenship? They'll take out more from SS than they'll put into it. Certainly medicare/medicade will be on the hook for most of them. Most won't be paying any federal or state inocme taxes. So how is the American taxpayer not harmed by this?

Now if a bill was advanced that gave them temporary legal status and put their employer on the hook for all of their costs including taxes, education, healthcare, and transporation costs to and from their homeland then I could support something like that and the American Taxpayer wouldn't be out a dime.

Bad legislation is not better than no legislation. We already did that 30 years ago.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Now, as for Obama, I do believe he was born an American citizen. I think the problem for Obama is that he fudged and entered college on a student visa.
    This. But the GOP caved to the media that had annoited Obama as the chosen one. Can you imagine the media feeding frenzy had Nixon, Reagan or Bush sealed their college records?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    I heard one report that Cruz's stunt cost the economy $49B...caricature is
    an accurate description.
    So the government didn't end up spending any of the money it didn't spend during the shut down? If so we need a hell of a lot more shut downs.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So the government didn't end up spending any of the money it didn't spend during the shut down? If so we need a hell of a lot more shut downs.
    They had to spend that plus the extra amount due to the shutdown.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    They had to spend that plus the extra amount due to the shutdown.
    Bull****.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Bull****.
    I think Serentity actually believes that.

vCash

http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/17...t-the-economy/

$24 billion.

That’s according to an estimate from Standard & Poor’s. The financial services company said the shutdown, which ended with a deal late Wednesday night after 16 days, took $24 billion out of the U.S. economy, and reduced projected fourth-quarter GDP growth from 3 percent to 2.4 percent.

Here’s a breakdown of some of the economic cost by our calculations:

About $3.1 billion in lost government services, according to the research firm IHS
    $152 million per day in lost travel spending, according to the U.S. Travel Association
    $76 million per day lost because of National Parks being shut down, according to the National Park Service
    $217 million per day in lost federal and contractor wages in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area alone