Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Indiana "religious freedom"..

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Thats admirable !Point being is! Seems YOU had the right to REFUSE that service , am I correct?
    Yup, see #36 in this thread...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Horse shat! I remember Many times that we just said he was my brother/ She was/Is my sister/Brother

Yall spewing that are stupid!
    It happens. To those who want to ignore/minimize that fact, you're the problem. It's one thing for you/yours to not agree with a certain lifestyle. It's another to keep fellow Americans from being able to enjoy the same rights that you have. I can respect someone who says "I'm against gay marriage, but, I can agree with civil unions." That's the non-selfish way to disagree on this issue.

[here's where you guys drop the demeaning bestiality references to try to conflate things]

vCash

There are some health care issues as far as access in the hospital, health insurance, etc. However, the larger issues are more like estate issues dealing with when someone passes away (natural causes or via trauma) and their "partner" then does not have the rights granted to a spouse. I'm thinking more financial/estate level issues. Sometimes a will can take care of that. Sometimes it can't.

vCash

Not Prob that Serenity or YerMom mentioned that cant be taken care of with a Minor amount of planning.

As far as marriage goes, I dont care if a horse wants to marry a cow and have adopted piglets, (Hows that fer yer beastality)
    seems you two want to paint every conservative with the brush of Bigotry and racism.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Not Prob that Serenity or YerMom mentioned that cant be taken care of with a Minor amount of planning.

As far as marriage goes, I dont care if a horse wants to marry a cow and have adopted piglets, (Hows that fer yer beastality)
    seems you two want to paint every conservative with the brush of Bigotry and racism.
    Agree, mostly. Except that car accidents and other unplanned deaths can't be planned.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Maybe Oklahoma should pass this law!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

A very poor take by the writer. Currently it's illegal so the First Church of Cannabis won't be able to smoke weed with impunity.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    A very poor take by the writer. Currently it's illegal so the First Church of Cannabis won't be able to smoke weed with impunity.
    Captain buzz kill.

vCash

why should a gay couple have to go through hoops that straight people don't have to?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    why should a gay couple have to go through hoops that straight people don't have to?
    Never said they did. Just said a Little planning will prevent most of the problems yall are bringing up.

Now , Why should a Christian business have to jump thru hoops to satisfy anyone?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Maybe Oklahoma should pass this law!!!

When pigs fly.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Never said they did. Just said a Little planning will prevent most of the problems yall are bringing up.

Now , Why should a Christian business have to jump thru hoops to satisfy anyone?
    1. "Most" means not all. So, there are fellow citizens denied the right that you/I have and A) You're OK with this and B) You're OK with legislation making it more difficult.
    2. A business shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against a protected class. The Supreme Court categorized gay marriage as a protected class in their DOMA ruling indicating that it was protected under the 5th Amendment. Some have argued that it falls under "sex" of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. And, before you put your Jewish shoemaker having to fix a Nazi's shoe, being a White Supremist is not a protected class in the U.S....UNLESS they back into it as "religion" like the cannibus dude. That will be SOUR IRONY.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    They shouldn't. As a business owner I would be happy to have a gay couple patronize my business. If the gay couple conducted themselves maturely and with appropriate decorum there would be no problem. Of course the same would go for heterosexual customers, also.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    When pigs fly.

5-0
    So you don't think a "religious freedom" bill would "fly" in OK?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    So you don't think a "religious freedom" bill would "fly" in OK?
    No, I think he is saying a law to legalize marijuana wouldn't pass in Oklahoma. I think those who think marijuana is harmless and think it is a good idea that it is legalized will rue the stupidity of their action in a few years. Already the governor of Colorado understands what a mistake his state made. It is incredible that state and local governments have worked so hard to limit the access of cigarettes and alcohol to minors but then fall all over themselves to make it easier for minors to have access to marijuana.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    No, I think he is saying a law to legalize marijuana wouldn't pass in Oklahoma. I think those who think marijuana is harmless and think it is a good idea that it is legalized will rue the stupidity of their action in a few years. Already the governor of Colorado understands what a mistake his state made. It is incredible that state and local governments have worked so hard to limit the access of cigarettes and alcohol to minors but then fall all over themselves to make it easier for minors to have access to marijuana.
    I kind of agree with you. I think there's a happy (no pun intended) medium there somewhere. I think weed is less harmful than bourbon. But, everything in moderation and the young don't know how to spell that.

vCash

I kind of agree with you. I think there's a happy (no pun intended) medium there somewhere. I think weed is less harmful than bourbon. But, everything in moderation and the young don't know how to spell that.
    Ordinarily I am a pretty big libertarian but in a society where parenteral oversight of their children in regards to moral dilemnas is in short supply there has to be an authority to fill the vaccum. Sadly, the only authority in this case is the government.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Captain buzz kill.
    It's a gift I have.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Oh I know that 5-0 didn't get how Indiana passed it as "a religious freedom" bill and pot was a possible unintended consequence...the same way it could be passed in OK. I also have no problem supporting pot being legalized in OK. And pot will never be as harmful as alcohol IMO.

Shouldn't be any easier for minors to have access to pot than they do to tobacco or alcohol.