Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Indiana "religious freedom"..

surprised that no one has started a discussion about what appears to
    be clear discrimination against LGBT in the name of religious freedom....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Indiana "religious freedom"..

You just did. I think it's interesting/funny to see the national companies making their voices heard that they want no part of Indiana for conventions, headquarters, etc. This should be something to watch. The right might as well be defending interracial marriage. Karl Rove started this all in 2004 when they had the national "referendum on marriage" designed to get some people energized to go to the polls. I think that is one reason that Coburn won the Senate seat then. It was smart politics on the part of the national GOP. I don't agree with it but that's irrelevant.

vCash

I'm a firm believer that a business ought to have the right to serve or deny service to whomever they please for whatever reason they please. I am a firm believer that wages ought to be a private contract/agreement between employee and employer. Property rights and the right of free association are the cornerstone of our republic.

The critics are considerably short-sighted on the issue. If a business owner is a bigot or homophobe then it won't take long for word to spread, and the market will reward or penalize them accordingly. They ought to have a right to discriminate, but they would be supremely stupid to do so. You also have to look at it from another point of view: Should a Jewish owned business be forced to serve a group of Neo-Nazis? Should a gay-owned business be forced to serve Jerry Falwell? I think not.

The opponents of this legislation act as if there are going to be signs up all over Indiana tomorrow denying service to anyone and everyone -- that's just absolute nonsense.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Discrimination is often nothing more than a cultural popularity contest and it happens all the time. Few would be complaining if there was discrimination against Nazis or the KKK. I think it is just fine to discriminate against the LGBT crowd just as it is OK to discriminate against the KKK. At some point people in this country have a right to make the statement 'this isn't what I'm all about'.

vCash

Some one explain to me how its Proper to restrict a Christians rights to make sure the Gheys are discriminated against?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

And that's why we have the Civil Rights Act.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm a firm believer that a business ought to have the right to serve or deny service to whomever they please for whatever reason they please. I am a firm believer that wages ought to be a private contract/agreement between employee and employer. Property rights and the right of free association are the cornerstone of our republic.

The critics are considerably short-sighted on the issue. If a business owner is a bigot or homophobe then it won't take long for word to spread, and the market will reward or penalize them accordingly. They ought to have a right to discriminate, but they would be supremely stupid to do so. You also have to look at it from another point of view: Should a Jewish owned business be forced to serve a group of Neo-Nazis? Should a gay-owned business be forced to serve Jerry Falwell? I think not.

The opponents of this legislation act as if there are going to be signs up all over Indiana tomorrow denying service to anyone and everyone -- that's just absolute nonsense.
    And Salesforce.com (and I suspect other businesses) are exercising their right to give the finger to Indiana legislators.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    And Salesforce.com (and I suspect other businesses) are exercising their right to give the finger to Indiana legislators.
    isn't that funny how that works? I totally agree with SIC...a sign company can deny West Minister Baptist church and any neo nazi group...what is the difference?

The gay community doesn't want "rights"...they want EVERYONE to embrace, support, believe in their lifestyle.

I'll go to my grave believing it's not normal or biological until the science community can prove 100% it is.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

I think we all know someone who's been that way since they were very young. I don't know what the big deal is?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I think we all know someone who's been that way since they were very young. I don't know what the big deal is?
    IMHO It aint a Big deal, So why do they want to make a Big deal out of it when some Christian Cake maker wont put a statue of a Dude suckin off another dude on the top of a wedding Cake? Where's the Cake makers Right to choose?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

People in the private sector should be able to reject prospective customers without giving a reason, although it's not wise to not give a reason, and they shouldn't be penalized in any way by the government.(other than maybe the govt. refusing to do business with them)
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    People in the private sector should be able to reject prospective customers without giving a reason, although it's not wise to not give a reason, and they shouldn't be penalized in any way by the government.(other than maybe the govt. refusing to do business with them)
    Agreed. What ever happened to the signs " WE reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"?

Lets take this one step further to an extreme Say I firmly believe God wants me to go Shirtless and Barefoot thru life, Should stores and restaurants Be forced to let me in?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    to my grave believing it's not normal or biological until the science community can prove 100% it is.
    Homosexuality is normal in the sense that it's just a genetic quirk no different than someone being born with a birthmark.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Conservatives, for whatever reason, are scared ****less and absolutely hung up on homosexuality. I couldn't give a ****, and I believe the 'conservative' thing to do is to ensure that all Americans have the same rights and liberties as everyone else.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Lets take this one step further to an extreme Say I firmly believe God wants me to go Shirtless and Barefoot thru life, Should stores and restaurants Be forced to let me in?
    For attractive people, yes. You? Not so much.

vCash

Homosexuality is normal in the sense that it's just a genetic quirk no different than someone being born with a birthmark.
    it's not really that simple

but i'm kinda over the biological part. it really doesn't matter

some people don't care able the little book other people like. why does it matter who someone goes to bed with at night?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Conservatives, for whatever reason, are scared ****less and absolutely hung up on homosexuality. I couldn't give a ****, and I believe the 'conservative' thing to do is to ensure that all Americans have the same rights and liberties as everyone else.
    What rights do homosexuals not have that heterosexuals do have?

vCash

I dont believe that Many are "Scared ****less" Ive said many times I dont care where ya put yer pecker, Just dont ever pinch me on the azz.

My problem with every one seeming to have a Problem with this is the fact that As long as the LBGT group, The Blacks and anyone else that may get their feelings hurt are pandered too the
    White heterosexual , Conservative Christian has to take a back seat.
    Like Ya said above, if a business wants to NOT serve the Gays or anyone else that should be their choice. and they will pay the price or reap the rewards of their actions.

vCash

Your use of the phrase "The Blacks" is what they call in poker a tell.

vCash

It's like the red states are in a race to see who can be the nutsiest. Oklahoma has recruited well for this endeavor and we have come out strong!

Reagan couldn't win a primary with this current gop.