RAND PAUL 2016
    I want to hear a parrot say this.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Indiana "religious freedom"..

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I'm here for the talking parrots.
    They've got their minds numbed down rilly rilly good
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Who exactly is *for* discrimination?

At the private signing ceremony (he didn't even have the guts to sign it in public) there's a nice group around the Gov that would fit your category. Most looked like pretty strange rangers.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    No. It's the same. .

Here's why it's different.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...ferent/388997/

or, here's another one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...cked-by-obama/

Similar does NOT equal same. Please learn the difference.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So are CEO's of large corporations now the moral compass of the left? Is that really a horse you want to saddle up and ride?

Ever heard of Cummins Engines ?

I wouldn't think of them as a leftist corporation. Neither would I think of the WalMart folks.

Fortune 500 Companies are probably more concerned with the Almighty Dollar as their bottom line. Being discriminatory is bad for business.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    At the private signing ceremony (he didn't even have the guts to sign it in public) there's a nice group around the Gov that would fit your category.
    Most looked like pretty strange rangers.
    5-0
    Ya reckon they were Rump rangers?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Ya reckon they were Rump rangers?
    LOL

They looked like a bunch of religious cultists. And some nuns. There should be a pic on the 'Net.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    LOL

They looked like a bunch of religious cultists. And some nuns. There should be a pic on the 'Net.

5-0
    I dont really care LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0
    I dont really care LOL
    Democrats are fighting America's real enemy, in their view. Nothing new.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The ignorance and the gran torino old man lingo is dripping from this thread.

Oklahoma legislators are trying to continue to suck funding out of the public schools. Uess we get people in office more concerned about our children then we are screwed. Our leaders are more concerned with giving the Feds the finger and playing to the base. Sharia law is a great example. Additionally, we spend millions defending unconstitutional legislation or suing Colorado over their states laws.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

The leftists have essentially won the culture war. I am going to sit back and watch the results. It should be entertaining.

Serenity, the thing you and most statists don't seem to understand is that no amount of government spending can ensure that children get a good education. I am sure the inner cities in NYC and Chicago get a ****load of funding. Education starts at home with parents being involved. If parents are involved with their school system the kids will do well. If not then you will get the same results as the public urban schools. Do you favor school choice?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    the gran torino old man lingo is dripping from this thread.
    You make it sound like that is a bad thing.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I wonder how poor Kevin Wilson is faring on the recruiting trail. "Oh coach I'd love to be an Indiana Hoosier, but every other Big Ten coach has told me how unwelcoming your state is after this new law.."

yes of course I'm kidding. recruits wouldn't want to go play football at Indy Hoo Hoo land regardless of the laws

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Homosexuality is normal in the sense that it's just a genetic quirk no different than someone being born with a birthmark.
    No it's not. The human genome has been mapped to an infintesimal level and no gay gene sequence has ever been identified. There are plenty of documented studies of identical twins where one is gay and the other is not. Personally I could GAS about gays getting married although I do think it is a question best decided by voters and not the court system. Marriage is what you make of it. No group has the single best answer on what makes a marriage successful. But I do get tired of the misinformation that comes out in the name of tolerance.

Like I said, the culture war (with the exception of abortion) is over and the left has won. We will see how the results play out.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 4/2/2015 at 09:53 AM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    The leftists have essentially won the culture war. I am going to sit back and watch the results. It should be entertaining.

Serenity, the thing you and most statists don't seem to understand is that no amount of government spending can ensure that children get a good education. I am sure the inner cities in NYC and Chicago get a ****load of funding. Education starts at home with parents being involved. If parents are involved with their school system the kids will do well. If not then you will get the same results as the public urban schools. Do you favor school choice?
    I favor what's best for the kids as a whole. I know that allowing people to pull their funding out of the state's system to put it into the private system or into their own pockets via "home schooling" will only serve to drag the current system down further. My kids go to a great public school in a town where people relocate due to the schools. Said school had to cut 25 teachers a few years ago. They're slowly recovered but it appears that they are likely going to have to do the same thing next year and class sizes will have to be 25-35. I generally agree with you about parental involvement.

My wife is a college instructor and she says that the group of kids that show up in their classes having home schooled are not ready to go to college. I'm sure there are some great home schooled kids but there are a bunch more that aren't.

vCash

I favor what's best for the kids as a whole. I know that allowing people to pull their funding out of the state's system to put it into the private system or into their own pockets via "home schooling" will only serve to drag the current system down further. My kids go to a great public school in a town where people relocate due to the schools. Said school had to cut 25 teachers a few years ago. They're slowly recovered but it appears that they are likely going to have to do the same thing next year and class sizes will have to be 25-35. I generally agree with you about parental involvement.

My wife is a college instructor and she says that the group of kids that show up in their classes having home schooled are not ready to go to college. I'm sure there are some great home schooled kids but there are a bunch more that aren't.
    So despite your other posts and admonitions to your daughter you do think there are some decent public schools in Oklahoma? I will agree with you about home schooling....most parents aren't up to the task and home schooled kids have a a lot of problems adjusting to the college environment. There are of course exceptions to this generality.

The flip side of your argument about vouchers is that your position essentially traps kids in a poor school system who would otherwise benefit greatly from having an opportunity to attend aq better school system. And how would it drag down some schools? All families would get the same amount via their vouchers which means the school system has the same amount of funding per pupil to work with. Are you suggesting that some schools would be left with unmotivated students and parents? If so then that is the whole point about school choice....to let motivated students and parents obtain the best education for their kids.

vCash

Quit being a quasi-jackass. I've got a 5th grader and two in high school in Eastern Oklahoma. I've lived in/around here for 48 years less the time that I spent in Norman/OKC getting educated in OK Schools. My kids are in wonderful schools. If they weren't I'd move. I want my daughter to get paid well and to work in an environment that values teachers. I'm not sure Oklahoma is going to be that place in the next decade. She's wanted to be a Special Ed teacher since 4th grade.

Vouchers are about the private sector trying to pull money out of the public sector. Fix what we have instead of trying to better fund Victory Christian to do it so that we can go learn about a 6,000 year old earth absent any evolution.

vCash

Quit being a quasi-jackass.
    I've got a 5th grader and two in high school in Eastern Oklahoma. I've lived in/around here for 48 years less the time that I spent in Norman/OKC getting educated in OK Schools. My kids are in wonderful schools. If they weren't I'd move. I want my daughter to get paid well and to work in an environment that values teachers. I'm not sure Oklahoma is going to be that place in the next decade. She's wanted to be a Special Ed teacher since 4th grade.

Vouchers are about the private sector trying to pull money out of the public sector. Fix what we have instead of trying to better fund Victory Christian to do it so that we can go learn about a 6,000 year old earth absent any evolution.
    Pot? meet Kettle!

vCash

Pot? meet Kettle!
    As the great Sheriff Buford T. Justice said, "do the letters..."

Dude stated that I thought Oklahoma schools were poor because I was telling my daughter to get certified in another state implying that I was somehow speaking out of both sides of my mouth. That was not why I was telling her to get certified in another state. I don't see pretty things for schools in Oklahoma in my crystal ball. Arkansas and Texas both pay teachers at least 20% more now before the theocrats get ahold of the system.

vCash

As the great Sheriff Buford T. Justice said, "do the letters..."

Dude stated that I thought Oklahoma schools were poor because I was telling my daughter to get certified in another state implying that I was somehow speaking out of both sides of my mouth. That was not why I was telling her to get certified in another state. I don't see pretty things for schools in Oklahoma in my crystal ball. Arkansas and Texas both pay teachers at least 20% more now before the theocrats get ahold of the system.
    Wernt commentin about what ya said about Schools
    I were commenting about this statement you made!

Quit being a quasi-jackass.