Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Indiana "religious freedom"..

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    I thought you were gay blind?
    That's a good one, but I can teach a parrot to repeat short phrases too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    That's a good one, but I can teach a parrot to repeat short phrases too.
    Prove it.

vCash

UConn told Ollie that he's not allowed to go to the Final Four because it's in Indiana. Wow...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    UConn told Ollie that he's not allowed to go to the Final Four because it's in Indiana. Wow...
    Report I read said that UConn wouldn't pay for anyone to travel to the
    Final Four, didn't say he couldn't go, but I doubt he does.....Indy better
    fix that mess or the whole state's economy could collapse....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    lmmfao!!!!

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Almost had me there for a moment. April Fools I get it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Travel already booked, like this, would go through.

vCash

Has any one read this law? Or is the whole dayum bunch just doing knee jerk reaction to sensationalist reporting?
    I gave a quick search and found nothing much about it except Op-Eds
    So if ya have link to a condensed version i'd like to see it,
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Has any one read this law? Or is the whole dayum bunch just doing knee jerk reaction to sensationalist reporting?
    I gave a quick search and found nothing much about it except Op-Eds
    So if ya have link to a condensed version i'd like to see it,
    Pretty good piece on it here...http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...s=rss_national

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder if all those ripping Indiana have any investments in companies that do business in China or any Muslim countries? I wonder if Indiana's human rights record on gays and women is worse than Iran's, Saudi Arabia's, China's, Russia's, or others. Tim Cook from Apple is such a hypocrite.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

If Indiana had state protection for LGBT as a protected class then this would be a non issue. They don't and don't appear to be heading there anytime soon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    If Indiana had state protection for LGBT as a protected class then this would be a non issue. They don't and don't appear to be heading there anytime soon.
    If they did, it would defeat the purpose of the bill. So there's that.

vCash

The right claims that this mirrors the federal law and state laws that are similar. The difference is that those states have statutory protection for LGBT as a protected class and they DON'T treat a for profit entity as an individual, a la Hobby Lobby.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I wonder if all those ripping Indiana have any investments in companies that do business in China or any Muslim countries? I wonder if Indiana's human rights record on gays and women is worse than Iran's, Saudi Arabia's, China's, Russia's, or others. Tim Cook from Apple is such a hypocrite.
    Public pressure on Apple has changed things in China factories that build Apple products. Made conditions a little less horrid. It's reasonable to expect a US based company with a US citizen CEO to have more influence here than those countries you list. The US government, backed by the worlds most powerful military, has limited influence there.

vCash

Wow. Looks like Asa Hutchinson has a brain - I would have lost that bet. I guess if you're the governor of Ark. and Walmart speaks, you listen.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

"Boycotting a state"? Good luck with that. This **** will blow over in a short while. Corporations are not gonna move and peeps will still spend money. Get real.
    I don't think that the Colts are going to pack up and move, nor will NCAA move their HQ... but future sites of major events like the Super Bowl and Final Four? That's the impact that backlash from this law will have.

Then again, after the fuss the Arizona Cardinals host city had over last season's Super Bowl maybe it won't be a bad thing if the NFL moves its combine, future Super Bowls and such outta Indy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I don't think that the Colts are going to pack up and move, nor will NCAA move their HQ... but future sites of major events like the Super Bowl and Final Four? That's the impact that backlash from this law will have.

Then again, after the fuss the Arizona Cardinals host city had over last season's Super Bowl maybe it won't be a bad thing if the NFL moves its combine, future Super Bowls and such outta Indy
    Yeah, I don't see anybody moving anything over this.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Public pressure on Apple has changed things in China factories that build Apple products. Made conditions a little less horrid. It's reasonable to expect a US based company with a US citizen CEO to have more influence here than those countries you list. The US government, backed by the worlds most powerful military, has limited influence there.
    But I thought the left was all about demanding moral purity and superiority? Isn't that why they condemn Christians....because they espouse a moral and ethical set of principles yet sometimes fall short of upholding those principles themselves? But it is OK for the left to pontificate about morality and ethics yet behave in a manner totally inconsistent with their public pronouncements.

See, that's how the left skirts around the Jesus thing. In principle they agree with what Jesus said and did but they disagree with flawed human beings trying to uphold those principles because they aren't perfect. So nobody can espouse a higher moral/ethical code because nobody can uphold that code perfectly the way Jesus did. To even attempt to uphold the code makes you a hypocrite in the left's eyes.

What was the basis of Mosaic Law? Was it religious or was it an attempt by early Jews to have some rules that promoted an orderly, functioning, self-propagating society? If the later was the real purpose then discouraging the acceptance of homosexual behavior was a legitimate goal and probably still is.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 4/1/2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I definitely see businesses needing to hire creative/diverse people NOT moving to Indiana over this or any other red state for that matter. My daughter wants to be a special education teacher. I'm encouraging her to get certified in states other than Oklahoma because what I see on the horizon for our state education system is, to quote the great Clubber Lane, "pain".

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Yeah, I don't see anybody moving anything over this.
    I expect this to be a factor in future decisions, not in ones already made.

My daughter wants to be a special education teacher. I'm encouraging her to get certified in states other than Oklahoma
    She'll get paid better in most, if not every, surrounding state. But by all means, get certified as many places as you can so you can seek jobs in more places and have more options if the first one doesn't work out.

I've heard horror stories of first year teachers getting into bad districts and wanting to quit teaching forever afterward.