Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Indiana "religious freedom"..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Wow. Looks like Asa Hutchinson has a brain - I would have lost that bet. I guess if you're the governor of Ark. and Walmart speaks, you listen.

I guess the CEO of WalMart has some political pull.

Funny how the Indiana Gov wants his legislature to 'fix' the current law. As if it needs fixin' in the first place. He really screwed up on this one. Even his dog pizzed on his leg.

Now he's folding like a cheap suit.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I definitely see businesses needing to hire creative/diverse people NOT moving to Indiana over this or any other red state for that matter.
    Uhm...elaborate please.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I guess the CEO of WalMart has some political pull.

Funny how the Indiana Gov wants his legislature to 'fix' the current law. As if it needs fixin' in the first place. He really screwed up on this one. Even his dog pizzed on his leg.

Now he's folding like a cheap suit.

5-0
    Sure...and Scott Walker is going to be recalled...right?

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I definitely see businesses needing to hire creative/diverse people NOT moving to Indiana over this or any other red state for that matter. My daughter wants to be a special education teacher. I'm encouraging her to get certified in states other than Oklahoma because what I see on the horizon for our state education system is, to quote the great Clubber Lane, "pain".
    Yeah, tell her to move to California, Illinois or New York where they're on the brink of bankruptcy.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post

Stuck record.

Never got off the Short Bus ?

Feel free to prove anything I said was wrong in Post #121. OK, maybe I stretched it on the dog pizzing, but I still may be right on that one too.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Has any one read this law? Or is the whole dayum bunch just doing knee jerk reaction to sensationalist reporting?
    I gave a quick search and found nothing much about it except Op-Eds
    So if ya have link to a condensed version i'd like to see it,
    It's the same law as in about 30 other states, passed over the past two decades. The difference now is that the fags are even more sensitive than before.

Again, when it comes up, the easiest thing to do is just tell them you're booked for that weekend...and, any other weekend they throw at you. The court can't require you to rearrange your schedule just because a fag wants a cake from your bakery or photos from your photography/video outfit.

It's really easy to put them off legally. So, just do it, please, so they'll pipe down and go somewhere else.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Since you brought the College Dropout's name up here's a little recent tidbit.

http://wcmcoop.com/2015/03/29/wiscon...-scott-walker/

(Some choice comments as you scroll down)

Even his own backers are now seeing the light. What's amazing is that those folks believed the snake oil salesman's pitch.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    It's the same law as in about 30 other states, passed over the past two decades. .

A closer look and you'll see it's not the same.

Just another misguiding talking point.

This law defends those that want to show their hatred.

5-0
    Last edited by hawaii 5-0; 4/1/2015 at 03:34 PM.
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    But I thought the left was all about demanding moral purity and superiority? Isn't that why they condemn Christians....because they espouse a moral and ethical set of principles yet sometimes fall short of upholding those principles themselves? But it is OK for the left to pontificate about morality and ethics yet behave in a manner totally inconsistent with their public pronouncements.

See, that's how the left skirts around the Jesus thing. In principle they agree with what Jesus said and did but they disagree with flawed human beings trying to uphold those principles because they aren't perfect. So nobody can espouse a higher moral/ethical code because nobody can uphold that code perfectly the way Jesus did. To even attempt to uphold the code makes you a hypocrite in the left's eyes.

What was the basis of Mosaic Law? Was it religious or was it an attempt by early Jews to have some rules that promoted an orderly, functioning, self-propagating society? If the later was the real purpose then discouraging the acceptance of homosexual behavior was a legitimate goal and probably still is.
    I think you directed this to the wrong person, but others are free to discuss. I was only commenting that I didn't see Tim Cook as being hypocritical on this issue; it looked very pragmatic to me. He was pragmatic in responding to pressure to improve human rights in his oversees factories, but he could only do so much. If he demanded they brought working conditions up to developed country standards or moved his business to a developed country, no one would buy his iPhones due to cost. That includes all those folks yelling about the working conditions. Likewise, all he did in this Indiana thing was make a statement to add his voice to a chorus of voices to add impact. I didn't see him closing any Apple stores or stopping web sales to Indiana addresses. It's understandable he would make a statement being gay himself, but he is just one guy even though he is CEO of the world's highest valued company. There is still a board of directors and a zillion stockholders with great power in the company. So if he is a hypocrite by being pragmatic and realizing the limit of his influence, then almost all CEOs of large companies are hypocrites.

vCash

The 'list of CEOs against Discrimination' is now up to 39. and counting.....

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

5-0
    Who exactly is *for* discrimination?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Who exactly is *for* discrimination?
    Anybody that doesn't follow the pu$$y a$$ lib's line of thinking...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

5-0
    Oh boy! This is gonna be just like you Recall Scott Walker thread!!! I can't wait!!!

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

A closer look and you'll see it's not the same.

Just another misguiding talking point.

This law defends those that want to show their hatred.

5-0
    No. It's the same. The difference has nothing to do with that law, but that Indiana has not yet pandered to its few fags to pass a law specific to discrimination against them.

And, that's good. Less fags, less AIDS.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    No. It's the same. The difference has nothing to do with that law, but that Indiana has not yet pandered to its few fags to pass a law specific to discrimination against them.

And, that's good. Less fags, less AIDS.
    Dang, I was so close to agreeing with you. I especially agree with your statement that there are so many legal ways to avoid doing business with any particular customer, that this law is unnecessary.

Then you throw in that last line above and totally justify all the public outrage. Somehow a law is going to result in less fags? And that is a noble purpose for a law? At least you are honest and that's a step above legislators claiming that this law in no way intended to those things.

vCash

I'm here for the talking parrots.

vCash

Since you brought the College Dropout's name up here's a little recent tidbit.

http://wcmcoop.com/2015/03/29/wiscon...-scott-walker/

(Some choice comments as you scroll down)

Even his own backers are now seeing the light. What's amazing is that those folks believed the snake oil salesman's pitch.

5-0
    If you voted for Obama twice you have no room to talk about anybody else's candidate being a snake oil salesman.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

5-0
    So are CEO's of large corporations now the moral compass of the left? Is that really a horse you want to saddle up and ride?

vCash

RAND PAUL 2016

vCash

Welp, maybe not, but some of his detractors have gone so far as to
    take out full page ads in Iowa's biggest newspaper telling Iowans to
    not trust him, to challenge him and to send him packing...pretty strong
    stuff. Ya know, he avoided recall by being protected (by statute) against
    any recall efforts outspending him (he spent money 7 to 1 against his
    opponent). IMO, he's going to be like each of the Pubs last time that took
    a turn being a leader in the polls...hell, even Trump was....jus sayin..