Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

YES!!! NCAA Game 3 thread - Sooners vs Spartans

When: Friday
    Time: 9:07 pm CT

Channel: TNT

MSU, love Coach Izzo....reminds of the legal KS. lol.... Tough, gritty, blue collar guys. Records are pretty much the same, msu 25-11, 12-6 OU 24-10, 12-6.

Off % MSU - 71.9 scoring 37.7 total rebounds 17.7 assists .471 FG %

OU - 71.9 scoring 38.1 total rebounds 12.5 assists .436 FG %

Def % MSU - 63.1 pts allowed 26.2 def rb 4.6 blocks 5.3 steals

OU - 62.8 pts allowed 27.1 def rb 5.0 blocks 6.9 steals

Looks like we might have a D edge...but very close.

More later!

msu has a couple of 6'9 245 guys...6'7...6'5...so not terribly that much bigger

Dawson a 6'6 guard is their leading rebounder...(at least he was the main name on leading rebounders)
    Trice 6'0 guard, Dawson 6'6 guard, Valentine 6'5 guard are the guys who's names show up the most as leading scorers...Trice being the main one couple of 25/27 point games, Valentine has had a couple of 25 pt games as well.

Definitely a guard orientated team
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 3/23/2015 at 09:16 PM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: YES!!! NCAA Game 3 thread - Sooners vs Spartans

I'll be at the Dome cheering on the Crimson Machine!

vCash

cool...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

What concerns me most about the Spartans, is Tom Izzo. Dude is a NCAA Tourney regular...

18 Years (44-16), 6 Final Fours, 1 Championship... that's a heck of a pedigree and a Hell of coach.

Good news... of the teams still in it, only 2 have better Strength of Schedule. Problem is... one of them, is MSU. #7 vs #13 according to CBS.

Bleh. Throw out the stats and let's get it on!

vCash

yeah, Izzo is the man...I'd love for him to be at OU...ah well. Kruger has done well. Hopefully TT can control the paint and our guards won't need to double down. Should be a hell of a game...IF they beat us I hope they make it it the FF, I can't stand Louisville or RP

vCash

Izzo is the best coach in college basketball, and I don't think it's even close (sorry, Coach K). We cannot play like we did in the first two games and win because Izzo will have the Spartans ready to play. I was really disappointed at the inability to execute any half court sets on offense in the first two games, particularly against undersized Dayton. That didn't improve after halftime in either game. If those mid-major teams can neutralize the inside game, then I expect more of the same from MSU. Ugly basketball should keep it close, however.

vCash

I agree, except I'm not sure we ever did execute any offense...I'd have to look but I'd say the majority of our buckets in the late 2nd half were due to dayton's misses and us getting out and running.

It's unbelievable that we can't even run sets. We basically do a 3 man weave at the top...one of our posts come up top ever now and then the other hangs on the low block. We'll do this until about 5 seconds left then either drive, heave up a 3 or get a turnover....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Izzo is really amazing! IF he gets his team in the Big Dance, then whoever
    MSU plays needs to be on high alert...

vCash

Izzo is a great coach, but he's had much better teams, and this is as winnable of a game as we're gonna have. It's only going to get tougher.

Pitino is just as good as Izzo, and if you're worried about guys like Trice and Valentine, good luck with Harrell and Rozier. Then we'd be on to Okafor and coach K, and if somehow we made it to the Finals, we'd get Cal and all his lottery picks. If Lon could beat those 4 guys, I'd donate a testicle. If he beat Izzo and Pitino to go to the Final 4, I'd probably never say another bad word about him.

vCash

Honestly, I'm looking at the Sweet 16, and I'm not sure I see too many easier matchups. The only draws I would definitely feel better about are NC State and Xavier.

vCash

I think we've topped out, anything now is cream on the cake. We were ranked from not to 13th, so at this point this is about where we should be.

Next year, IF....a big IF, Buford is as advertised, our 7 ft juco is Halfway productive, I think we should be elite 8 at least.

vCash

I am ready to make all the talking heads eat crow! All I have heard is that MSU should make their Final Four hotel reservations now. I have not heard anyone even consider that we could win. Grrrr!

vCash

yeah, I'm not saying we can't win...I actually saw somewhere according to BPI OU is a 55% chance to win...but vegas is putting us as 3 pt dogs. That only means more folks think msu will win...

it'll be an interesting game...we are pretty evenly matched.

Hope to see the Sooners practice tomorrow at the Dome since I live here, very cool that they are here!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Dude if you don't go to the actual game we'll turn your green to red asap. Get in there!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Dude if you don't go to the actual game we'll turn your green to red asap. Get in there!
    I'm in section 102 get that rep up!

vCash

Enjoy, mook! If you can give us updates from under the dome it'll be much 'preciated.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Enjoy, mook! If you can give us updates from under the dome it'll be much 'preciated.
    I was wondering if this site allows posting pics?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by S.PadreIsl.Sooner View Post
    I am ready to make all the talking heads eat crow! All I have heard is that MSU should make their Final Four hotel reservations now. I have not heard anyone even consider that we could win. Grrrr!
    I actually LOVE hearing that stuff.

Its when they come in thinking they're world beaters, playing the little underdog, etc... that scare me.

You think a single Sooner is going to be overlooking Izzo and MSU?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    I was wondering if this site allows posting pics?
    Hell yeah, just don't ask me how to do it from a mobile.