Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: YES!!! NCAA Game 3 thread - Sooners vs Spartans

well,
    that was a CF. On one hand I'm satisfied we are improving...like others have said though, getting the FF was all ours for the taking.

Our "offense" again was a show/no show.

Good - Buddy, FT shooting...

Bad - Cousins, JW's total brain fart pass late in the game...WTH? YOU are the PG...bring the ball UP!, Why in all that is good did we NOT double team Trice on that last possession and force a BAD FT shooter to hit the 1/1...our up/down brain farts, no inside game.

Outlook: Excited for next year. I "THINK" the 7fter has a better offensive game than his cousin..(which isn't saying much, LOL) but having some size will be good. Buford is SUPPOSED to be a stud..right? Thought I read that. Also, 6'10 McNease? is he still on the team?

I do like Coach Kruger and his calm demeanor, he's a gentleman in a tough game...BUT not sure is offensive philosophy is all that.

Till next year!!!

All is not lost, Gym both men/women are #1, Softball #6, Men's tennis #1...baseball doing OK...so the end of the school year still might get OU a NC in some sport!
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Outlook: Excited for next year. I "THINK" the 7fter has a better offensive game than his cousin..(which isn't saying much, LOL) but having some size will be good. Buford is SUPPOSED to be a stud..right? Thought I read that. Also, 6'10 McNease? is he still on the team?
    I'd be lying if I told you my sources were great, but from the little I hear:

Buford looks like a starter. Not sure much beyond that.

Manyang probably isn't any better than his cousin on offense. Might actually be worse. If you remember, Longar was our 2nd leading scorer his Junior and Senior year. I know those teams weren't as good as we should be next year, but that sandwiched him between Blake and Crocker, which isn't bad company.

McNease is still with the team. He's not expected to contribute much, though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Ah... okay. Too bad about McNease. Lol, I didn't think longer was that good offensively.... don't remember anyway.
    Dang... he played with Blake?.... thought it was earlier.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    All is not lost, Gym both men/women are #1, Softball #6, Men's tennis #1...baseball doing OK...so the end of the school year still might get OU a NC in some sport!
    OU's Cody Brewer won a national title in wrestling last week.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    MSU is exactly what's RIGHT about college basketball.
    You may like the poor shooting, take 30 seconds off the clock before you shoot and physical beyond all recognition post play but I can assure you, you're in the minority.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    You may like the poor shooting, take 30 seconds off the clock before you shoot and physical beyond all recognition post play but I can assure you, you're in the minority.
    If you ask all of your 14 and 15 year old friends who don't actually play basketball, then yes, I'd probably be in the minority. On the other hand, if you were to talk to basketball coaches across the country at all levels, they'd express a deep admiration for Izzo and teams like his.

The paint is for grown men, and there's nothing wrong with utilizing the shot clock. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that MSU is a poor shooting team, as they're actually actually really good. Perhaps you only watched last night's game, and failed to realize what great defense we play (which is something you've done all year).

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

If you ask all of your 14 and 15 year old friends who don't actually play basketball, then yes, I'd probably be in the minority. On the other hand, if you were to talk to basketball coaches across the country at all levels, they'd express a deep admiration for Izzo and teams like his.

The paint is for grown men, and there's nothing wrong with utilizing the shot clock. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that MSU is a poor shooting team, as they're actually actually really good. Perhaps you only watched last night's game, and failed to realize what great defense we play (which is something you've done all year).
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lity/21959099/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/sp...akes.html?_r=0

15 year old boy? good call.

Coaches love Izzo and teams like this because they all think they are smarter than the next guy and they have the answer as to how basketball should be played.

Michigan State is one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the nation and a pretty good indicator of team shooting ability is whether or not they can make an uncontested 15 footer. Free throw shooting also takes into account the shooting ability of every offensive player not just those who are the coaches designated shooters.

And let's not go crazy about our great defense yet considering Iowa State and Baylor couldn't crack 60 points against 14 seeds.

vCash

Seeing how much Izzo wins, I think it's pretty safe to say he knows how basketball should be played, and that he IS smarter than the next guy.

Michigan State is a bad FT shooting team. Is that why you don't like him...because his team is poor at shooting FTs? He's coached a long time, and this is his worst FT shooting team ever. I'm sure you noticed, though, that at the end of the game, we had no option but to foul good FT shooters. Some of their bigs were bad shooters, but did that make Shaq a bad basketball player? I think it's childlike to pick ther FT shooting out to call them bad shooters when I'm betting you know their FG and 3 Pt percentages far exceed ours, as well as Kansas, ISU, and most other teams.

Also, I'm not impressed that the Iona and Belmont coaches are unhappy.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Seeing how much Izzo wins, I think it's pretty safe to say he knows how basketball should be played, and that he IS smarter than the next guy.

Michigan State is a bad FT shooting team. Is that why you don't like him...because his team is poor at shooting FTs? He's coached a long time, and this is his worst FT shooting team ever. I'm sure you noticed, though, that at the end of the game, we had no option but to foul good FT shooters. Some of their bigs were bad shooters, but did that make Shaq a bad basketball player? I think it's childlike to pick ther FT shooting out to call them bad shooters when I'm betting you know their FG and 3 Pt percentages far exceed ours, as well as Kansas, ISU, and most other teams.

Also, I'm not impressed that the Iona and Belmont coaches are unhappy.
    Never said Izzo doesn't win or his strategy isn't effective, just that it's ruining watching the game of basketball. I, like many, don't like Michigan State's game because they take the air out if the ball. They intentionally slow the ball down to limit the other teams possessions to ensure that even when they shoot the ball poorly, they can still win. It is incredibly boring and many fans, analysts and coaches alike are shouting for rules changes to make the game better, yes better. As they did when the 3 point line was put in play and added a shot clock.