Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: SCOTUS upholds Wisconsin Voter ID Law

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    The law is clearly designed to help the gop. There are many people quoted as saying so. You can't turn faux news down long enough to read about it.
    I am not disagreeing with the assessment that this helps the GOP...I just don't understand it how everyone jumps to that conclusion.

Dems are averse to getting ID cards? Seriously...you need an ID to do just about anything in this day and age...how hard can it be? How do you get any money is you don't have an ID?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

ID is only part of it. They disallowed certain ID's that indicates bias. For example, you can't use a student ID. They also severely limited early voting. Again, this is trying to limit the denominator. It's nothing more than a different way to jerrymander.

I just think the folks defending it are being intellectually dishonest in trying to say that A) it's not partisan and B) that voter fraud is actually an issue, because it is not.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

voter fraud is actually an issue, because it is not
    I don't believe it. It just doesn't get reported.

Let's make acceptable photo IDs for voting free for all citizens eligible to vote and then require photo ID to vote. Simple and straight forward... and now most everyone will have easy access to a photo ID as well. Win-win.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

What ID's could possible disallow that would indicate a bias? How does early voting indicate a bias? I am not trolling or tying to be antagonistic...I am asking with sincerity.

The example you used is a student ID...I could see how a student ID would be easy to counterfeit so I understand that one...but if they allowed it, I wouldn't be overly opposed to it.

As far as early voting...color me confused about it being biased. If statistics show that dems early vote more often the pubs...why? AND if that is the case...isn't having extended early voting kind of biased against the pubs? I have been voting for a long time and I always vote on election day (except while on active duty, then I voted absentee ballot)...I have NEVER had any sort of an issue when I am voting. No long lines, not harassment, no questions about who I am...I just don't get the whole early voting thing...but I understand how some may find it appealing...but I don't see how it could be a partisan issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...y-about-fraud/

A group out of Arizona State did a study. 50% of the voter fraud that they found dealt with absentee voting. Why is absentee voting not addressed by these state laws? Because elderly white (Faux News watchers) vote absentee.

"only six of the 31 states that require ID at the polls apply those standards to absentee voters, who are generally whiter and older than in-person voters. And two states with strict photo ID policies for in-person voters — Rhode Island and Georgia — have recently passed bills that allow anyone to mail in a ballot."
    ----------
    "Voter ID laws have all been sponsored by Republicans and passed overwhelmingly by Republican legislatures. A conservative U.S. circuit judge, Richard Posner, in a recent scathing critique of these laws, calling the expressed concern about fraud a “a mere fig leaf” and that they instead “appear to be aimed at limiting voting by minorities, particularly blacks.”

“There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud,” Posner wrote, “…and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.”
    ----------
    What you propose is fair. The issue is that when these same people who put these laws into place are presented with that option they decline it. Texas voted to not keep the places where ID's are made open after 5 two nights a week and on two Saturday mornings. Pretty obvious to me. And, early voting apparently tends to be practiced by more minorities, at least according to what I read.
    Last edited by Serenity Now; 3/25/2015 at 09:30 AM.

vCash

The law is clearly designed to help the gop. There are many people quoted as saying so. You can't turn faux news down long enough to read about it.
    Lets skip the Insults, Im rather tired of them for now.
    For ONE I dont watch Fox or any other news source. I read about 3 papers a day on line
    Just because a as you say it " Many people are quoted as saying so" does not make it a Fact.

I live in a Rural area we have to have an ID to vote.My Poll is about 6 miles from my house, the closest place to get an ID is over 20 miles away,
    Yea I agree its a PITA but if we want to vote we have to do it.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Lets skip the Insults, Im rather tired of them for now.
    For ONE I dont watch Fox or any other news source. I read about 3 papers a day on line
    Just because a as you say it " Many people are quoted as saying so" does not make it a Fact.

I live in a Rural area we have to have an ID to vote.My Poll is about 6 miles from my house, the closest place to get an ID is over 20 miles away,
    Yea I agree its a PITA but if we want to vote we have to do it.
    Not sure how that's an insult. I inferred the bar on insults to be really f'n low around here anyway.

Richard Posner (Republican judge) said it emphatically. Some guy in NC said it kept a "certain kind of people" away. Put your head in the sand and send your facebook kudos to the idiots speaking on our behalf...Sally Kern, Jim Inhofe, Mary Falin, James Lankford, etc.

vCash

Not sure how that's an insult. I inferred the bar on insults to be really f'n low around here anyway.

Richard Posner (Republican judge) said it emphatically. Some guy in NC said it kept a "certain kind of people" away. Put your head in the sand and send your facebook kudos to the idiots speaking on our behalf...Sally Kern, Jim Inhofe, Mary Falin, James Lankford, etc.
    I took the part of your statement to be referring to me about Not turning off"FAUX" news
    As far as the Bar around here goes I simply asked you to refrain as that nonsense has gotten very tiring.
    Now If ya wanta Play that game we can but Id rather not.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Kind of funny now that I read it. I know a lot of conservatives. I have friends that are conservatives. I think I'm the only Dem in my little subdivision and this would fit most of them.

Being a little new, I could be guilty of merging you, Terd, Rush, etc. into a composite character and responding the same to all. That would be like you guys responding to me like I'm 8th.

I'll try to be polite on my end and disagree but not be disagreeable.

vCash

Kind of funny now that I read it. I know a lot of conservatives. I have friends that are conservatives. I think I'm the only Dem in my little subdivision and this would fit most of them.

Being a little new, I could be guilty of merging you, Terd, Rush, etc. into a composite character and responding the same to all. That would be like you guys responding to me like I'm 8th.

I'll try to be polite on my end and disagree but not be disagreeable.
    You are Nothing like 8th IMHO, For the most part I try to get along but every now and then some one comes along who is convinced they are smarter than everyone, Better off than everyone, Better looking and just Plain Superior to everyone else, that they just get my hackles up.
    There have been 8ths before and Im sure there will be a few more in the future.

I have No prob with folks who disagree, I do have a Prob with those who disagree and try to act like Im some ****ing ignorant hick.

vCash

Another thing, The FAUX news label is as tiring to me as the "Libtard" and other stupid names.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...y-about-fraud/

A group out of Arizona State did a study. 50% of the voter fraud that they found dealt with absentee voting. Why is absentee voting not addressed by these state laws? Because elderly white (Faux News watchers) vote absentee.

"only six of the 31 states that require ID at the polls apply those standards to absentee voters, who are generally whiter and older than in-person voters. And two states with strict photo ID policies for in-person voters — Rhode Island and Georgia — have recently passed bills that allow anyone to mail in a ballot."
    ----------
    "Voter ID laws have all been sponsored by Republicans and passed overwhelmingly by Republican legislatures. A conservative U.S. circuit judge, Richard Posner, in a recent scathing critique of these laws, calling the expressed concern about fraud a “a mere fig leaf” and that they instead “appear to be aimed at limiting voting by minorities, particularly blacks.”

“There is only one motivation for imposing burdens on voting that are ostensibly designed to discourage voter-impersonation fraud,” Posner wrote, “…and that is to discourage voting by persons likely to vote against the party responsible for imposing the burdens.”
    ----------
    What you propose is fair. The issue is that when these same people who put these laws into place are presented with that option they decline it. Texas voted to not keep the places where ID's are made open after 5 two nights a week and on two Saturday mornings. Pretty obvious to me. And, early voting apparently tends to be practiced by more minorities, at least according to what I read.
    You're surprised that a party would try legislate laws that favor that party? I give you 11,000,000 illegals that dems insist on being made citizens and a president that thinks mandatory voting is something that should be explored.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    You're surprised that a party would try legislate laws that favor that party? I give you 11,000,000 illegals that dems insist on being made citizens and a president that thinks mandatory voting is something that should be explored.
    Well, Okie, don't forget about a leading Pub prez contender that wants
    a path to legal status for those 11m folks. Jeb wants that, much to his
    conservative detriment.

The voter ID thing is mostly a Pub issue around the country. Here in IA,
    the Pub Sec of State spent over a quarter million taxpayer bucks hunting
    for voter fraud...found 7 examples, 5 of which were attributed to bad info
    received from Pub officials...the other two...one was an out of state person
    who tried to vote and the other just went away....most of this fear can be
    traced to all the "dead" voters in Illinois who kept voting, often, for a Daley.

Badj posted an excellent solution. Let's do that, vote out ALL the incumbents
    and start over. Just my opinion....

vCash

The pubs have their sellouts, no doubt about that and I have certainly stated my disdain for the likes of jeb, rubio, mcshame, grahamnesty, flake, christie, et al. I would never vote for a candidate that supports anything beyond temporary legal status for the illegals. I would make their employers pay for all of their costs while they are in the US and not be allowed to push the illegals costs onto the backs of the US taxpayers.

But the pubs, so far, have been the only ones standing in the way of amnesty. Every dem voted for that monstrous senate bill along with 14 sellout pubs. Only the pub house stopped this from becoming law.

I'm not really concerned about the overall effect of voter fraud but I do believe that it could be larger than what is reported. These studies cite people being "caught". What about the ones that weren't caught? How hard would it be to walk in a precinct and state you are John Smith and then vote (where they don't have voter ID)? Probably half of the John Smiths never vote
    (based on a typical voter turnout). On local elections it could be much worse since those are usually very low voter turnout but the impact could be much greater.

I'm not for voting everybody out because there are some that I think do a good job (probably not the same ones you'd choose but you get the picture). My favorite, Coburn, unfortunately is no longer our senator but he would have term limited himself had his health not failed him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I've voted absentee the past 5 years or so. It's nice not to have to stand in line even tho it's only a hop, skip and a spit from my house.

I'm trusting that someone compares my signature on my ballot to the one on the official polling book.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Voter ID laws aside, let's not pretend that both parties try to limit the political power of the other when given the chance. Are voting districts drawn geographically, by population, or to resemble elementary kid scribble so that there's enough blue/red to fill up their Congressional delegation? Are judges appointed based on credentials, experience, gender/age/race balance, or to ensure that there's enough liberal/conservative activists to go around?

So please, spare me the disenfranchisement talk. Both sides do it and it's always wrong. But as long as we're making ID a requirement, let's make chicken salad out of chicken. Free government issued ID for everyone! Use it to vote, use it to buy liquor, use it when the cop pulls you over

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Why don't you stop being such a giant ***** and just say what you're talking about? I bet 90% of your post are just mumbo jumbo **** trying to dance around what you want to say. Damn Gina, just say it!...Also, **** like you posted above should get a linky...just say'n.

It took all of 2 minutes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...interview.html

Please try to keep up with the grownups. We're talking about voter suppression.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Voter suppression, ie..the people that tend to vote for us are too stupid or worthless to get a photo ID! That about nail it?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Voter suppression, ie..the people that tend to vote for us are too stupid or worthless to get a photo ID! That about nail it?
    Bingo

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

SN, Fraud is a big deal...

Most of these voter ID laws are righteous, pass the Constitution muster and more than anything prevents from Central government control. Yes, states ceded some rights for the good of the whole, but this Republic is still a patchwork of States aligned generally in the same direction. Unless the States again apply their powers and rights, they will be incrementally removed. We need stronger States, a weaker Executive branch, and a weaker or less strong FEDGOV.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.