Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: NCAA Game 2 - Sooners vs Dayton Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    I go way back on the forums. Not this particular one, but I know a lot of people/names just from the years. There's only so many of us, ya know. Names I remember, GaryMac, sybil, Carey, OzarkSooner (one of my all-time favorite people - we used to do the game day play-by-play for folks in the old ST chat software. R.I.P., my friend), EnidSooner, CrintA.Adams, ArmySooner, SportsLetter (another of my all-time fave guys), joesooner, man... lot of 'em

I started on geez, one of the original Weather Dudes forums. Wish I remembered names from there... but other than GaryMac and sybil... I don't know who else came from there, but it was a long time ago and a lot of forums. I know it was after an initial split of the original forum. I went with the larger group. Then Carey's BoomerSooner.net from pretty much beginning to end. Then SoonerTimes, where I was most years, until a certain someone bought it... then started letting in the real bad haters. The kind I imagine are on this LandThieves (is it really a forum... I should just Google). I think they might have actually been dudes kicked off here.

Well, management decided it didn't like me much anymore and I was sent packing... to end up here.

Sounds like a last resort. LOL! No, I actually enjoy this forum. There's some cliques, but I think everything is mostly in good fun and the real haters are pointed out real fast. Leads to little confusion. Seems the forum does a good job of policing itself and that's actually pretty refreshing to see people given enough rope, to prove they can keep it in check, for the most part.
    I was probably there...not sure if I was SoonerinKC ...I remember chatting with Stephen Alexander's dad and brother...was it that board?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm really impressed that a game thread went 12 pages.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

It is impressive that the thread went 12 pages. Maybe we are becoming a legitimate basketball school again. It is good to see students getting excited and it will get better next year. We beat Dayton with defense and I am delighted to make the Sweet Sixteen. It will take a better effort to beat the Spartans, but in the East Region we have a chance to make the Final Four!

vCash

thanks to about 10 of us~ lol.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Well hope to see some of you in Syracuse, finally an Upstate NY'er gets to see his squad!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I was probably there...not sure if I was SoonerinKC ...I remember chatting with Stephen Alexander's dad and brother...was it that board?
    Yes, I know your moniker... and yeah, that was when/where Stephen's dad used to post. Heck, we used to get a quite a few parents. Even during the Blake years, but especially right after Stoops came on board.

I believe one of Brandon Everage's (R.I.P.) relatives used to post... cobwebs. Lot of cobwebs.

I remember when Smellsofbourbon, was first coined (don't remember who... probably many), everyone trying to justify Blake, because Barry had recommended him... those painful years. I think I found the first forum I started posting, right when it was obvious the Smells experiment was a grand failure and we knew he was gone. I looked for forums, to talk about the next hire and a place to vent.

And this thread was hopping, because I was posting... and I don't hardly ever shut up.

Oh, I have always been SoCalBigRed (people shorten it to SCBR a lot), on every forum. There is only one. Me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    Yes, I know your moniker... and yeah, that was when/where Stephen's dad used to post. Heck, we used to get a quite a few parents. Even during the Blake years, but especially right after Stoops came on board.

I believe one of Brandon Everage's (R.I.P.) relatives used to post... cobwebs. Lot of cobwebs.

I remember when Smellsofbourbon, was first coined (don't remember who... probably many), everyone trying to justify Blake, because Barry had recommended him... those painful years. I think I found the first forum I started posting, right when it was obvious the Smells experiment was a grand failure and we knew he was gone. I looked for forums, to talk about the next hire and a place to vent.

And this thread was hopping, because I was posting... and I don't hardly ever shut up.

Oh, I have always been SoCalBigRed (people shorten it to SCBR a lot), on every forum. There is only one. Me.
    Veritas, I believe.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Veritas, I believe.
    Yep! That was it!

vCash

ah, I remember that name as well....

I actually met up with the Alexander's at the KU game. They even introduced me to Owens...good folks. HWP I believe?