Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Crazy stat for the day:
    State of Texas 0-5 in the NCAA Tourney.
    14 seed Georgia State 57 v. 3 seed Baylor 56
    6 seed Butler 56 v. 11 seed Texas 48
    11 seed UCLA 60 v. 6 seed SMU 59
    2 seed Arizona 93 v. 15 seed Texas Southern 72
    5 seed Utah 57 v. 12 seed Stephen F. Austin 50
    Sure hope the Big 12 can go at least 3 of 4 tomorrow and leave all this BB press embarrassment to our south.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Re: NCAA Men's Tournament Game Thread - non OU

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Crazy stat for the day: Only 4 of the 16 games played today were decided by more than 8 points. That's assuming G'town hangs on (they're up with a big lead).

I can't remember a tournament with so many games in the first round coming down to the end. I also don't think two 3 seeds have ever lost on the same day in the first round. I know 3 seeds have gone down to 13 seeds in the past, but I don't think two in the same day has ever happened.
    I think the terrible offenses coupled with the terrible officiating that has invaded most of the college game has something to do with the close finishes.

SMU got absolutely jobbed yesterday. That goal tending call was garbage.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    We beat UCLA in the Bahamas, and they beat SMU today. We also beat Butler in the Bahamas, who beat Texas today. UNC was also there, and they're off to a fast start against Harvard.

Let's not associate with the Big XII. From henceforth, we are from the Bahamas.
    lol, nice...yes we are The Bahamas!
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

UC Irvine should have won that game. Exciting. What a shame.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

BIg XII rebounded a little today with WVU and KU victories. They're still nothing compared to the mighty Bahamas.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Lots of chalk today. UC Irvine had a chance, Valpo was close too but never thought they would quite get there.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Lets hope we're not the one to go down.

vCash

Chalk city aside from vcu/ohio st, Baylor, and isu. Never seen that much chalk. Obama must be leading the brackets.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

I'm excited to see KU & Bill Self finally have to play Wichita State.

vCash

Yea all chalk today. Dayton/Prov all that is left...

vCash

We better be ready to bring our A+ game on Sunday. Looks like we will be getting Dayton, the home crowd and the home officials... OYE...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner95 View Post
    We better be ready to bring our A+ game on Sunday. Looks like we will be getting Dayton, the home crowd and the home officials... OYE...
    Yeah, just flipped over from the Tonight Show, and they're beating them like a rented mule. Providence just hit a 3 to bring it down to 9 with under 2 min left. This looks just like one of our Big 12 games in the last part of the regular season. Just when we put all that Aussie spew to bed, the team will have to put up with all that Ohio homer crap all weekend. Now at 10 with a min 25 left.

Goatweeb just said that this arena will be rockin' with WVa/Maryland game on Sunday since both states were close, then the Dayton game. Kind of got my hopes up that Wva fans will be rooting for the Sooners/Big 12, but I thought Wva was in another bracket/city, don't know. My bracket from CBS doesn't show the cities of the games just the match-ups.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 3/21/2015 at 12:23 AM.

vCash

Man I hate Ohio. Bring it Flyers!

vCash

Anybody know the last time Dayton lost at home? Nov. 21 against UConn. It's the only time it's happened all year. Then again, does anybody know the last time Dayton played a team of our caliber at home? Trick question...they haven't.

We'll have to play well, and probably better than tonight, but we don't have any business losing this game, either. If I'm right, and MSU pulls off the UVA upset, our path to the Elite 8 won't involve a single team ranked higher than a 7 seed. That's about as easy of a path as it gets. I might rather play UVA than MSU, though.

vCash

EF Dayton and their home **** and ESPN lovefest. I really do not like them right now, and I normally wouldn't care..lol

Like I said, we'll have to play better than tonight, but we did some good things. Our bench had 13 pts. Got to be a season high.. Have to have the support.

Buddy will need to shoot better also. Thomas, will need to continue his great game tonight.

We can win, no doubt. Just can't lay an egg...or all we will hear is the crowd and ESPN love.....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner95 View Post
    EF Dayton and their home **** and ESPN lovefest. I really do not like them right now, and I normally wouldn't care..lol

Like I said, we'll have to play better than tonight, but we did some good things. Our bench had 13 pts. Got to be a season high.. Have to have the support.

Buddy will need to shoot better also. Thomas, will need to continue his great game tonight.

We can win, no doubt. Just can't lay an egg...or all we will hear is the crowd and ESPN love.....

The crowd will definitely be pro-Dayton but Dayton's bench is shorter than OU, which is something you can't say often and they will be playing their third game in 5 days a couple of their starters playing almost every second on the floor.

I've seen enough to know that this team can lay an egg and lose but I think we go into Sunday looking pretty good.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Anybody know the last time Dayton lost at home? Nov. 21 against UConn. It's the only time it's happened all year. Then again, does anybody know the last time Dayton played a team of our caliber at home? Trick question...they haven't.

We'll have to play well, and probably better than tonight, but we don't have any business losing this game, either. If I'm right, and MSU pulls off the UVA upset, our path to the Elite 8 won't involve a single team ranked higher than a 7 seed. That's about as easy of a path as it gets. I might rather play UVA than MSU, though.
    I know I would. MSU is always tough as nails. OU doesn't seem to fare well against those teams.

vCash

Correction: the game against UConn was in Puerto Rico, so Dayton hasn't lost a home game all year, so it's been at least a year since they lost at home.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I know I would. MSU is always tough as nails. OU doesn't seem to fare well against those teams.
    Agreed on MSU. UVA has been cut from similar cloth in recent years, though. I think a lot will depend on the health of Justin Anderson. It appears he's starting to finally recover.

Either way, though, we'll be playing a tough game. It's hard to imagine being the favorites against an Izzo coached team in the Sweet 16.

vCash

Bahamas 8 just went to 8-1. The one loss, of course, came to another Bahamas 8 member. UAB lost to UCLA, which makes it the first of 7 members to go home, but also marks the first Sweet 16 ticket punched. We beat UCLA, but never played UAB.

We're so underrated!