Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: NCAA Men's Tournament Game Thread - non OU

Of the 12 left in the field, I think Kentucky could beat about 8 of them by 20+. Unfortunately for them, the only four teams I think stand a chance are Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Duke, and that's exactly who they're lined up to play.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well, having been away from the college game so long and really being immersed in the NBA, which I've lost the passion for over the end of the Stern regime...

Watching a bunch of NBA picks play together, that Kentucky squad... wow! Tonight's game looked like future NBA picks playing against a HS team. If they keep playing that way, no one in the country is going to beat them. They will finish undefeated. Officiating, no matter.

Anyone to beat them, will have to have the game of their lives, all players, bench and UK will have to go in a horrid slump. I hate for this to sound so gushing, but I can't believe the length, athleticism, speed, unselfishness, trust, etc... I saw. They are going to destroy ND. Talk up of this game, is ridiculous. They are going to stuff those threes in ND's face. On the defensive end, no way ND can guard them. They can't hit that many threes, because they don't have the size to play them in the paint.

I know they have to play the games and I know stranger things have happened. I know anyone can win, on any given night. I remember another team of destiny. Future NBA players. Hell, some future HoF players... and I watched it all crumble with an ill-fated time out (bahahahahaha). They're RIPE to be taken down. The game is made for these types of juggernauts to fall. Except, sometimes one just has everything clicking. They're going to be hard to derail. I think they'd have to shoot themselves in the foot, for it to happen.

I might eat crow, but dayum... that was impressive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I guess KU was Wichita St's Superbowl.
    To some extent, I think so, but I think ND is just better than Kansas. This was the year to take the Big XII, and ISU blew it (kinda...they did win the tournament). If Alexander and Ellis leave, Kansas may not be any better next year.

vCash

I don't have the courage to say ND will upset Kentucky, but I think it's foolish to count them out. As much as this is Kentucky's title to lose, I wouldn't bet on them sweeping ND, Wisconsin, and Duke. In reality, the odds are slightly less than 50% that they do this; which is crazy, because this is a truly historic achievement. It's just not even close to a done deal.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I tell ya what....uk dispatched wv like they were a jr high team...got ugly quick.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I tell ya what....uk dispatched wv like they were a jr high team...got ugly quick.
    Kentucky is the best team, and the fact that they might not be crowned as the national champion just goes to show what a joke the NCAA tournament is at crowning a true national champion. I know they destroyed WVU, but they also went to OT against some weak SEC teams in the regular season. There aren't do-overs in the NCAA tourney, and they've never faced a 3-game stretch even close to what lies ahead for them.

vCash

NC State is taking Louisville to the wire! This all means nothing if we don't take care of business tonight, but I didn't expect that, and I would love to avoid Pitino and Harrell.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    NC State is taking Louisville to the wire! This all means nothing if we don't take care of business tonight, but I didn't expect that, and I would love to avoid Pitino and Harrell.
    NC State is now on the ropes. Louisville is about to put them away.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

UK came back at the end. Thought nd would end the longest winning streak in bball too.

vCash

I don't have the courage to say ND will upset Kentucky, but I think it's foolish to count them out. As much as this is Kentucky's title to lose, I wouldn't bet on them sweeping ND, Wisconsin, and Duke. In reality, the odds are slightly less than 50% that they do this; which is crazy, because this is a truly historic achievement. It's just not even close to a done deal.
    I just want to say I told you all so.

vCash

MSU missed their FT's late against Louisville, and now Louisville has the ball with 12 seconds down 1.

vCash

Louisville makes one of two free throws, and we're going to OT.

Due to OU's painful departure, I haven't been able to enjoy this NCAA tournament as much, but this has been a fantastic Elite 8, and it's shaping up to be an even better Final 4.

This has been one of the best tournaments in a long time.

vCash

MSU wins in OT after Louisville gave up an offensive rebound late. Sounds familiar, huh?

Should have been us. Watching the pain of Louisville reminds me way too much of us. This is bad for my health.

vCash

I. FREAKIN. TOLD YOU SO.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Great game last night. Couple of bad calls but it was both ways.... so it evened out
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!