Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Re: NCAA Tournament Thread- Game 1 Sooners VS Great Danes

Alot of missed layups and to many 2nd chances are keeping Albany around.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

OU is better than these guys. Just play fundamentally sound ball.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Woodard has regressed.

vCash

That's what we must have in the tourney. Bench players making plays when given the opportunity.

12 point lead.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Outcoached and outplayed...we're just that much more talented than them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Woodard has regressed.
    I ge the hate for Booker and Walker, but not Woodard.

vCash

If we lose this game, I'm ready to fire Kruger on the spot.

PUT. THEM. AWAY.

vCash

he turns the ball over more than he does any good.

vCash

If he's that dumb in things we see, how much more dumb does he play in things we cant see? Nobody defends him bc they don't respect his shot. he doesn't drive enough. We'll see night and day when that pg from Oregon comes in.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    If he's that dumb in things we see, how much more dumb does he play in things we cant see? Nobody defends him bc they don't respect his shot. he doesn't drive enough. We'll see night and day when that pg from Oregon comes in.
    No way will Pritchard beat out Woodard.

vCash

I like Woodard but he needs to get better. Limit the mistakes, be more confident, and hit shots.

vCash

I honestly believe, as long as we close this one out, we will have an easier time int he next game. Alot of the pressure will be off and these guys will lossen up and play a bit more free.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Just post up a guy at the corner so they can't shoot threes from there .

Damn
    Last edited by BetterSoonerThanLater; 3/20/2015 at 09:27 PM.
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

That will do it!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner95 View Post
    I honestly believe, as long as we close this one out, we will have an easier time int he next game. Alot of the pressure will be off and these guys will lossen up and play a bit more free.
    Perhaps, but we'll be playing legitimate teams from here on out. This was too hard to feel very good.

A win is a win, though! More than ISU, Baylor, and any one of our teams over the past 5 years can say.

vCash

Great win! Boomer Sooner! See ya Sunday punks!

vCash

Well, Albany was pretty scrappy, and sometimes that uncontrolled play throws teams off.

Providence or Dayton, neither scare me at all. They are decent teams, and based on how Albany played, I would guess they would struggle against them as well.

I would say,I would probably rather face Providence, so it doesn't feel like a road game...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Survival is key. Quick takeaways since old people need their rest. Positives: Thomas absolute beast, Bennett gave them a spark and they were able to weather their 4 minute no field goal stretch. Negatives: maybe the worst team in NCAA history finishing the fast break, Hield looking more and more like an overrated shooter and for the love of god quite slapping the floor your defense is still bad.

Administrator
    vCash

Like Mookie91 ^ said, "survival is key"!

My takeaway from this game:

Positives

• Tashawn Thomas had the game of the season. He's had better games offensively and defensively, but he came up big when we needed it most.
    • I've been hard on Cousins for most of the time he's been at OU, but there's no question that he's very gifted and he is definitely improving. If he sticks with OU for the full four years, he's going to be a very good player. Tonight, he made some shots that were big time.
    • I continue to be impressed with the way Buddy and Cousins play defense. That's what made the biggest difference in this game.
    • Although it almost got us in trouble, Lon's decision to go to the bench early will payoff the longer we stick around in the tourney. It was a hard fought win, but we didn't wear anyone out.
    • I love the way this team plays. Selfless basketball. Getting over the hump and finally winning a tourney game could springboard this team.
    • Even though the game was close at times, I never really felt like it was close to slipping away. The few times Albany got close, we seemed to answer back (on offense and defense)
    • The bench looked pretty solid. I always think when two teams that look so mismatched (on paper) play, the biggest difference is with the bench players. Tonight, our bench looked much better than Albany's, and Bennett (and even Lattin) put in some quality minutes. Bennett could be key to a big run in this thing.
    • We won! It's been way too long since we won our first tourney game. It speaks both to the great job Kruger has done and the quality of players he's attracted to OU. While I would love to see a Final Four run, I already consider this season a success. I think most everyone will feel the same if we get to the Sweet Sixteen.

Negatives

• Too many sloppy passes. This has unfortunately been an issue for this team all year. We have to clean up those little things because the further we advance, the less wiggle room there will be for sloppy play. I felt like we kept Albany in the game with some bad decisions.
    • It's hard to call defense a negative, because we did play good defense overall, but I hate...HATE...when we give up easy inside baskets. We should have dominated the paint all night.
    • Officiating - I hate basketball officiating. Way too many judgement calls. Anyway, there were some horrible calls tonight (for both teams). Fortunately, it didn't have any impact on the outcome.

Other than that, I don't really have any negatives. We certainly could have played a better game, but I think a lot of that credit goes to Albany. They are a scrappy team, a good team, and they played like it was their last game. We did a really good job of controlling the game and coming away with the W.

When we know who our next opponent is, I'll do the same thing I did for Albany and post some thoughts. Until then...enjoy the win!

vCash

Buddy and Isaiah can slap the floor all they want as long as they keep leading the charge for one of the top 10 defenses in the country. We're able to survive bad shooting nights from Isaiah and Buddy because of what they bring defensively and on the boards. There isn't a better 1-2 backcourt defensive/rebounding punch in the country. I just wish that we could replace Walker and Booker with legitimate scorers, so that we could lighten their offensive load.. Hopefully some of those freshman can shoot next year.