Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

NCAA T Thread- Game 1 Sooners VS Great Danes

Friday

TRU TV (ATTUverse CH - 164/165)

7:37 Eastern.....6:37 CENTRAL

Although the GD's ranks are low...they will definitely be the crowd favorites. The sad story of the guards mom dying of cancer etc will be played OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Don't get me wrong...tragedy yes, and the ncaa/espn love a good sad story...but it gets old. Once again, we'll be the "bad" guys needing to dethrone Cinderella. I've already heard one guy from cbs, albeit no one...but call for the upset.

OU needs to establish the game tempo and Spang MUST get out of his offensive funk. TT needs to play well. Yes, we can get out of our bracket to at least the Elite 8, like this season, depends on which OU team shows up!

BOOMER

* oh, go bet on Badge's vbet...I won't...when I do OU loses...sorry Badge :-)
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 3/20/2015 at 08:36 AM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: NCAA Tournament Thread- Game 1 Sooners VS Great Danes

Will this be the year they get passed the first round?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Wheres the bracket thread?
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

So the Big 12 has 3 teams playing tomorrow. It should give us some indication about the conference and thus our game on Friday since KSU didn't make the NIT, which seems a little strange to me with all this "Best BB Conference" spew.
    Part of me wants Texass to upset Butler, but I wouldn't shed a tear if they got spanked either. I wouldn't be surprised if ISU was down at the half as that's been their MO. If they come out strong in the 1st and then win in blowout, then the other tourney teams better look out.
    L. Eustachy of CSU was on the news the other night being asked questions about CSU being left out and he looked like he had just thrown down a 6 pack and banged of couple of coeds at a party. I've never seen a coach that torn up about not making the Dance.
    At least "Gottawallet" isn't on the broadcasting crew for any of these games and I don't know jack about any of these other broadcasters except SEC Verne.

Thursday Afternoon Window

12:40, truTV: No. 3 Iowa State vs. No. 14 UAB (Verne Lundquist, Jim Spanarkel, Allie LaForce)

1:40, TBS: No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 14 Georgia State (Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Jamie Erdahl)

Approx. 2:45, CBS: No. 6 Butler vs. No. 11 Texas (Anderson/Smith/Johnson)

vCash

yeah, it'll be interesting...I'm not really sold on Big 12-2 being the "best conference" but we'll see. I'll pull for the conf to win at least 1 game. ku's 2nd game against wsu is a big deal due to the fact that self won't play wsu...

If OU can win 2 I'll be elated. Obviously it'll be sweet to go further.

ut can be a nightmare match-up. Maybe Barnes will be accidentally locked in his hotel room...lol. talk about under achieving.

Larry E....talk about a good ol boy network. Dude was caught drinking with coeds at THE VISITORS home school after his game....and he still is coaching D1 ball...wow.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

I'm one of those guys who fills in loads of brackets, and one of my more obscure brackets has the Final Four participants being identical to the Big12 semifinal participants (yes, it is theoretically possible). Enough said.

vCash

Lol....cool. Never know...
    H
    The 3's are having a tough time...hopefully OU is watching

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I'm one of those guys who fills in loads of brackets
    So you were that guy who was all like nooooooo I only picked Harvard in two of my brackets! That year Harvard one. LOL that was funny

Sooners VS Great Danes
    I once encountered an adult Great Dane. It was like staring at a miniature horse. I bet it would have been 7 feet tall if it stood on its hind legs. We weren't looking eye to eye, but he wasn't much shorter than me on all fours, either.

After we win by 30, Albany must provide two great danes to pull our Sooner Schooner. Mush, mini horses, MUSH

vCash

Lol...nice. Every 3/14 is struggling

vCash

Wow ND got lucky

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The meltdown I post later will be totally worth my busted bracket

vCash

Lol...sure it will. Bu finally pulling away.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I admit, I haven't followed much OU basketball, since that night in April... 1988.

I remember it well. One of the worst, of my life, and life altering.

It was the night I shipped off to bootcamp. I didn't get to watch much of the game. They had TV on the train, but service was spotty. I was young, cocky... made a bet with one of the other boots on the train, a Kansas fan, made our way to Chicago. We didn't get to see the end of the game and found out the score, when we arrived at the train station in Chicago.

My next memory, that stands out of that night, was my introduction to bootcamp (before you got to wear computer measured, custom-fitted, specially designed, marching boots), and they didn't care if your feelings were hurt, or how tired you were. You were less than the scum, on the bottom of their boot.

Fitting, after having to face Kansas 3 friggin' times in one season, beating them twice... then having to face off against them in the Tourney for all the marbles.

After that, its been painful disappointment, after disappointment. Sampson, the ugly exit, truths that came to light... yuck. Wanted so much, for Capel to do well. Liked him, as a player and liked the youthful enthusiasm, he said all the right things. Bah.

We're back in. I hope we do well. So used to Sampson. I don't expect we'll win... but with the bracket they're in, they have a chance to get pretty close, make some noise... look like a fresh up-and-comer to the rest of the country and help recruiting... and well, you never know.

EDIT: Oh, it was April in Great Mistakes, IL... which sits right on Lake Michigan. So had a real ugly lake, early spring storm to introduce us to our new lives.

vCash

Lol....I was in ku heaven that night....next to Lawrence....prairie village ks..Johnson county. You couldn't buy a ku fan before that game. Brown rolled the dice and matched ou's hustle.

Ya would have thought it was nye...fireworks...pots pans...my phone wouldn't stop...no cell phone then. Yes it was horrible...but we've had some good seasons and great players since.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Really scared for tomorrow. Another one of those games where they go 5 minutes without scoring or Buddy has another 6-20 night and OU ends up like ISU, Baylor and Texas.

vCash

Yup

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Ou's gonna when.

It's just a matter of 'will it be pretty or ugly' ?

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Administrator
    vCash

The most recent spread has OU -13. I wouldn't bet on basketball if you paid me, but I think that spread is too high.

On paper, OU should have a fairly easy time with Albany, but as we've seen today, nothing is guaranteed.

I spent a little time watching some Albany highlights/games and looking through their stats, and this is what my unprofessional eyes saw:

The Danes have two main threats on offense, F Sam Rowley (6'6") and G Evan Singletary (6'1"). I'm not too concerned with Rowley (although, he's arguably their best player), because I think we match up very well with the inside. Singletary is the guy we really need to keep in check. He's a 40% 3 point shooter, and isn't afraid to let 'em fly. The other guy that can cause problems is Peter Hooley (the kid that hit the final shot to get Albany in the tourney). He's also a solid shooter.

Like anytime the Sooners play a less talented team, the key will be the bench (for both teams). OU's starting 5 can outplay/outscore Albany's starting 5, but there will be bench players that are involved. OU has a huge advantage there, but again, that's no guarantee.

If we come out and play like we have the majority of the last part of the season, we'll win comfortably. If we are sluggish, or it takes Hield too long to get in his rhythm, it'll go down to the wire.

We're going to need a really good defensive performance from Thomas and Spanger to mitigate their inside game.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    Really scared for tomorrow. Another one of those games where they go 5 minutes without scoring or Buddy has another 6-20 night and OU ends up like ISU, Baylor and Texas.
    Albany is a good team, but they're no ISU, Baylor or even Texas. However (as all three of those teams found out), the most talented team doesn't always win. I will agree that we can't afford to let Albany stick around late in the game, so we can't have Buddy out of sync or a bad shooting night.

I'm anxious, but I'm not too worried about losing. Tashawn Thomas (during today's presser) said that he "expects the game to be close late". I don't know if he truly believes that, but it does tell me they are not overlooking Albany. I also think the last two years (really just last year) have taught these guys how to play in an opening game they are favored to win. 4 of our starting 5 know what it's like to lose to a much lower seeded team, and I suspect they won't let that happen.

vCash

IF I was to bet I'd take OU, but not 13..maybe 8. Like you said, IF OU plays like we did against the Big 12 we should win but 10+. Hopefully the boys will be focused.