Administrator
    vCash

Orlando Sentinel's "5 Big XII games to watch in 2015"

Seems odd that the Orlando Sentinel would have a list of Big XII 'must see' games, but they do. (Here's the link if you're interested)

Here's their top 5 games for 2015:

1. Oklahoma vs. Texas
    2. Oklahoma @ Baylor
    3. TCU @ Oklahoma
    4. Baylor @ TCU
    5. Texas @ Baylor

Can't really argue with that list, but I would add OU @ OSU, even though I'm wearing crimson glasses, that game has been one of the best games in the conference recently, and could determine, or at least have an impact on the conference champion.

vCash

Re: Orlando Sentinel's "5 Big XII games to watch in 2015"

I'll watch all of the OU games I can, but I question whether any Big XII games are "must see."
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I'll watch all of the OU games I can, but I question whether any Big XII games are "must see."
    The answer is "no". However, I suffer from college football addiction, so I'll watch just about anything.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I thought that was an ordered list of importance, so I laughed at first. Then I saw it was by earliest date. Even then, with OU coming off 8-5 and the horns 6-7, the writer is either going on tradition or blind faith.

vCash

Other than Baylor vs. TCU, I can't see any non-OU matchups that are better.

vCash

Then the list should be shorter.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I thought that was an ordered list of importance, so I laughed at first. Then I saw it was by earliest date. Even then, with OU coming off 8-5 and the horns 6-7, the writer is either going on tradition or blind faith.
    It's on the list on reputation alone. Like you said, OU is coming off of one of the worst years in a long time and Texas is just not very good right now. It's still one of the best rivalry games in the country, so that's why it's on the list.

Baylor/TCU has (sadly) become the most important game in the conference recently. I hope that changes soon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    It's on the list on reputation alone. Like you said, OU is coming off of one of the worst years in a long time and Texas is just not very good right now. It's still one of the best rivalry games in the country, so that's why it's on the list.

Baylor/TCU has (sadly) become the most important game in the conference recently. I hope that changes soon.
    Extrapolating from last season suggests Baylor @ TCU would be the only game on the list. Fortunately, going by previous seasons is often very inaccurate. Also, last seasons OU @ TCU game was at least entertaining in a Shakespearean tragedy sortof way.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Extrapolating from last season suggests Baylor @ TCU would be the only game on the list. Fortunately, going by previous seasons is often very inaccurate. Also, last seasons OU @ TCU game was at least entertaining in a Shakespearean tragedy sortof way.
    It was a damned good game as far as excitement at the end, if you weren't a Sooner fan of course.
    I still can't believe that our offense was so freakln' inept due to Heupel/Norvell/predictability/Co-OCs or whatever, that we couldn't move the ball a lick at the end, much less score. Then the Texass game was just more of the inexplicable same on offense and except for some special team's Sooner Magic in Dallas, I'm not sure HCBS would have survived this year. A brain-fart loss to Stool State along with a Whorn L in the same year hasn't been some of the previous OU head coach's best friend.
    As much as our D was just a complete joke later in the year, our offense (except for Perine) didn't exactly do much to help them out either.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

All of the OU games are must see...for me...lol. Actually taking my fiancé down to a game this year...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

This will be a down year for us. 8-win season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We'll have one loss by Texas and two losses after Texas, kind of making the other 2 games on that list meaningless.