Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SuperSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Insurance Companies Succ Much

Everytime there is a disaster, they act like they never expected it and oh boy, "rates are going to have to rise to pay for all this." HELLO! You're in the fuc*ing business of predicting and betting on the probabilities of these type of things happening. I'm sick of this whining. They gladly accept the premiums but never want to pay out a dime without bitching about it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Insurance Companies Succ Much

And the cow just leaped over the moon!

I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!

There...I knew we'd agree someday!
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Yeah I'm trying to buy a house and none of these go##amn 'insurance' companies want to even write a damn policy. For the ones that will write a policy, I'm going to have to bend over and grab my ankles. I think these a**holes are dividing up little parts of the country so they can raise rates.

vCash

I love what they did with the mold deal. They were taking it up the a$$ with all the mold claims so now they turned it around. I'm FORCED to buy a mold policy that only provides $5,000 of coverage and I have to pay $385 a year for it. I told my insurance guy I didn't want it and he says I have no choice. Allstate said the same thing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Word of advice- Go with a smaller and lesser known company. The big boys(i.e. State Farm, All state, and Nationwide) don't pay **** when it comes to paying for damages.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Word of advice- Go with a smaller and lesser known company. The big boys(i.e. State Farm, All state, and Nationwide) don't pay **** when it comes to paying for damages.
    Well, I'm with Travelers, I guess they're a big boy. I did manage to hose them out of a roof on a hail claim though. Over $9,000 and I will definitely leave them before they get that much out of me in premiums.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Gotta love some hail damage. Why else would I be in the hellhole that is Canton, Oh.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

They gladly accept the premiums but never want to pay out a dime without bitching about it.
    did manage to hose them out of a roof on a hail claim though. Over $9,000 and I will definitely leave them before they get that much out of me in premiums.
    Fact: most insurance companies pay out more in claims and in policy service than they collect in premiums.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Sooner
    Fact: most insurance companies pay out more in claims and in policy service than they collect in premiums.
    1. That is THEIR business, to pay claims. They think their business is collecting premiums and losing money in the stock market.

2. Bull****.

finance.yahoo.com

Allstate had nearly $6 billion in operating income last year and 1.8 billion the 2 previous years. Travelers made .8 Billion

Next you're going to tell me that part of that income is return on investments. I know that. That is another part of their business, making money with MY money so that when its time to pay, they have it.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSooner
    1. That is THEIR business, to pay claims. They think their business is collecting premiums and losing money in the stock market.

2. Bull****.

finance.yahoo.com

Allstate had nearly $6 billion in operating income last year and 1.8 billion the 2 previous years. Travelers made .8 Billion

Next you're going to tell me that part of that income is return on investments. I know that. That is another part of their business, making money with MY money so that when its time to pay, they have it.
    Just love sticking your foot in your mouth, don't you? You just answered your own statement. That's exactly what their business is. It's also their business to make sure that they're not paying exorbitant amounts to settle frivolous claims and not paying out claims for which they didn't legitimately contract.

Tell you what, Super. You're the guy who's told us all what idiots we are for having debt, so I assume that your home and auto are both free and clear. Drop your damn insurance if it's such a rip off.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Just love sticking your foot in your mouth, don't you? You just answered your own statement. That's exactly what their business is. It's also their business to make sure that they're not paying exorbitant amounts to settle frivolous claims and not paying out claims for which they didn't legitimately contract.
    I don't see how that differs from what I said or how I stuck my foot in my mouth. Insurance companies wish to operate like a diode, only dollars coming in and none going out. They have forgotten their
    primary purpose.

If you're referrring to my roof claim, their guy is the one that wrote the adjustment after the inspection. I was as shocked as I could be.

Tell you what, Super. You're the guy who's told us all what idiots we are for having debt, so I assume that your home and auto are both free and clear. Drop your damn insurance if it's such a rip off.
    First, its something you have to do. It would be stupid to have an asset worth tens or hundreds of thousands and not insure it. So you have to play the game. Once your admit you have to play the game, you have no choice about the rules and the rules are made by lobbyists for the insurance company.

Its like this. My home is insured for replacement cost and THEY choose the value, I have no say in it, to get the highest premium they can. If it burns to the ground, instead of paying the $205,000 they're charging premiums for, we'll start at about $150k and work up from there with me having to get lawyers to negotiate it for me.

The mold ripoff is another thing I brought up which you have failed to address. They turned that around and not only raised the average Texas premium by 40-50% after excluding mold claims, but they tacked ON the additional worthless mold premium and force you to buy it. It is priced worse than that liability on a rental car.

They are a scam that take advantage of people in multiple ways and because you probably sell it or benefit from the sales, you think it is wonderful. I bet you try to add life insurance to every loan you make dont' you? That stuff is the biggest insurance ripoff of them all. If you were a true human being that gave a damn about your customers instead of bragging on here when you make a chicken**** little $1500 commission, you'd tell them to get a term policy to cover the loan, if it was even needed, and then advise them to pocket the difference each month and go out to dinner. How many times have you done that?

B) My home is not paid for and neither is my truck. My home is at 5.5% and I'd be foolish to pay it off. My Yukon is 0.0%, 100% TT&L. I'll take all the free money they'll give me bud. The difference between me and you is that I could write a check for both balances tomorrow.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

By the way, according to Allstate's financial filings from form 10-k all numbers in millions:

Premiums from P&C business: $6146
    Premiums from life and annuity business, including service charges: $533
    P&C claims: $4527
    Life and annuity claims: $426
    Interest credited to policyholders: $460
    Policy acquisition: $960
    Operating costs: $728

Do the math yourself.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

You know what, dude? You're so out of line with the bull**** you post I wonder if you even believe it.

I'm absolutely done with talking to you. You're a guy who got a little information once and decided you're an expert. You go on with your life and wonder why it is that everyone you interact with thinks you're an *******.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Here's what I think is criminal:

We have had Farmer's insurance for 15 years, home, life and auto. We've never made a late payment. However, Dell wrongly sticks us with a bad credit score on our last credit rating...which has since been disputed and removed...and lo and behold, Farmer's uses this as an excuse to raise our rates for the term by 80 bucks.

This is not to mention that three times, Farmer's has threatened to move out of our area because, *gasp*, people were making claims due to acts of God.

Our insurance agent is gold, and I'm loathe to leave him because he's got a severely handicapped child that costs (and will continue to cost) a great deal to care for. However, they have repeatedly made it known that loyalty and dependability count for absolutely nothing to them, and I get pretty tired of it.

p.s. I fully realize this rant has nothing to do with the main gist of the thread, and I apologize.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Yep, that is messed up. I completely agree that was BS on Farmer's part.

If you were a true human being that gave a damn about your customers instead of bragging on here when you make a chicken**** little $1500 commission, you'd tell them to get a term policy to cover the loan, if it was even needed, and then advise them to pocket the difference each month and go out to dinner. How many times have you done that?

B) My home is not paid for and neither is my truck. My home is at 5.5% and I'd be foolish to pay it off. My Yukon is 0.0%, 100% TT&L. I'll take all the free money they'll give me bud. The difference between me and you is that I could write a check for both balances tomorrow.
    You need a little break from the board, I think.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Ok...information from the side of the major insurance company 'big boys' as they are being called. My wife works in Customer Care for Allstate, that means she deals with agents who aren't doing their jobs properly, and customers or ex-customers who are upset over things that may or may not have made them ex customers.

I've noticed that generally most people whom file a claim of sorts thinks they are being hoodwinked by insurance companies in terms of payment for the claims. While in most cases claims are divided up into regions, you're still talking about a lot of claims being covered by one office. (Mind you I'm using Allstate as the model for this). For example my wife's office is responsible for all of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. If you consider the amount of claims filed for things in 3 states on a regular basis, you can see how they might get slightly backlogged. Once in that stage, people generally pursue the matter through the wrong channels by going via the agent. Generally your claim is handed over to a single agent in claims...all of your contact from that point goes through that individual. Generally speaking, your agent will tend to know about as much as you in terms of the claim.

Next, if your opinion is that your insurance company is only out for your premiium and cares not one whit about the customer, then the insurance company is not your problem, your AGENT is. Your agent is the face of the company to you the consumer, and if you are having problems, then you have the right to go to your agent with those problems.

Anyone you come into contact with a major insurance company outside of your agent generally has to deal with a very high volume of people on a day to day basis, they're not going to be as personable to or with you as an agent should be, but some people really enjoy helping people...that's why my wife continues to stay at her job instead of becoming an agent (she is more than qualified to be an agent based on experience and knowledge).

As for your situation crawfish, it might be a better idea to find out if more people in your area, whom have your particular agent especially are having some of the same issues with Farmers. If so, it might be a good idea to see if you folks can find out if your agent is willing or able to get the same position with another insurance company, thereby keeping him around and you being able to continue doing business with him. It's good to hear that kind of support for an insurance agent as there are some that are good people, some that care about their customers, along with those who are glorified used car salesmen who build up a client base, leave and sell the client files to another agent.

And Blue, Ohio sucks..plain and simple which is why you have problems there...I'd say a good percentage of agents there are used car salesmen types, and the insurance laws in Ohio are generally borderline ridiculous. I guarantee you that if you had issues with Allstate that your problem never came across my wife's desk....agents in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana fear getting a call from her.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

My home is not paid for and neither is my truck. My home is at 5.5% and I'd be foolish to pay it off. My Yukon is 0.0%, 100% TT&L. I'll take all the free money they'll give me bud. The difference between me and you is that I could write a check for both balances tomorrow.
    You're awesome.

Freak.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Smile Re: Insurance Companies Succ Much

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo
    You're awesome.

Freak.
    '04, don't argue with yourself.

The difference between me and you is that I could write a check for both balances tomorrow.
    [chuckling]yeah ok......[/chuckling]

of course you could write a check.....the fact that it would bounce as high as ........well something REALLY high......is another story