SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Kenny Stills is a Dolphin

The Saints are apparently willing to trade everyone.

But in the strangest turn, they’re sending one of the young and cheap ones in exchange for a guy many thought was already cut.
    A league source tells PFT that the Saints are dealing wide receiver Kenny Stills to the Dolphins, in exchange for linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick.
    Ellerbe was reported to be cut by the Dolphins, but they never turned in the paperwork, so they could do such a deal.

The Saints have traded or cut high-earners, but Stills is interesting because he’s still working on a rookie deal which pays him just $585,000 this year and $675,000 next year.
    Stills won’t turn 23 until next month, and gives the Dolphins a legitimate deep threat for their offense (16.5 yards per catch).
    Ellerbe, on the other hand is 29 and expensive. He’s due $8.425 million, $6.45 million, and $6 million the next three seasons. It’s probably safe to assume there’s a restructuring in his future.

PFT.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Kenny Stills is a Dolphin

Welp no more Sooners on the Saints. Oh well. Take Brandin Cooks on your fantasy team because who else in Brees going to throw to besides old man Colston.

Hang on, is Brees still on the Saints?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

When they started saying they were having locker room issues last year I immediately thought Stills. SP doesn't mess around getting rid of guys who don't tow the line.

vCash

JKM...that is the word that I read...Brees wasn't happy with Stills. Sayonara Kenny...

It's really the only thing I could think of since Still was still on his rookie contract, he is fairly cheap, obviously young, and he was performing.

There are also reports the everyone on the Saints roster is available for trade...except Brees and Cooks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

No Sooners on the Saints? Thank goodness. Won't have any reason to remotely like them.

Can't stand that POS team, nor life-sucking/draining, government teat city.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    JKM...that is the word that I read...Brees wasn't happy with Stills. Sayonara Kenny...

It's really the only thing I could think of since Still was still on his rookie contract, he is fairly cheap, obviously young, and he was performing.

There are also reports the everyone on the Saints roster is available for trade...except Brees and Cooks.
    If true, I hope Kenny learns something so then next contract is a good one (and exists).

vCash

If Stills caused this, then he will regret it. This will ruin his career. He will not thrive in Miami.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I know that they were the feel good flavor of the month when they won the Super Bowl and defeated Hurricane Katrina (aka the Chicago Bears)...

... but screw them. Drew Brees got his big payday then threw Jimmy Graham under the bus when Jimmy was seeking his own payday. Derp derp oh he's totally a tight end not a wide receiver. Guarantee my main receiving threat less money please!

And their ownership? Let's get daddy/granddaddy declared incompetent so we can take over his sports empire! No kids/grandkids, I'm going to leave my sports empire to my latest wife who is not your mommy. Your mommy was a few wives ago.

On the Sooners side of things, the only thing they've done right by me is rescue Jalen Saunders from whatever the hell happened to him in NY Jest country last season. Since then, they've shipped Kenny Stills off to the Miami Dolphins were going to cut anyway and cut Curtis Lofton loose so he could land with the Oakland Raiders.

Put bags over your heads again, Aints. 7-9 is going to look good compared to what you're about to experience next season.
    Last edited by badger; 3/17/2015 at 12:29 PM.

vCash

Just give Brees another 5th rounder, and he'll keep doing his thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If Stills caused this, then he will regret it. This will ruin his career. He will not thrive in Miami.
    Why is there an automatic assumption that Stills is the problem?

Maybe Brees is the problem! Because of Brees, the Saints are in salary cap hell and the they traded away 6 time pro bowl OL Grubbs...and Stills. The Stills move baffles many pundits because he was cheap, good numbers, and he was not even 23!

I think Brees is a bitch!

vCash

Why is there an automatic assumption that Stills is the problem?
    I have to assume there's still those out there that remember how anti-Stoops Kenny was pre-Sugar Bowl. There were a series of tweets after Stoops dismissed Damien Williams that did not say very nice things. But, despite that, Kenny was among OU alums at the Sugar Bowl sideline the day we beat almighty Bama.

I think Brees is a bitch!
    When your salary is about $20 million, your pay is taking up one-seventh of the team's salary cap every year. So it is your fault if your team is no longer in the playoffs, let alone winning the Super Bowl. It is your fault when the team is forced to cut difference makers in order to fight cap issues and trade for picks. Maybe it's time to think about your brain's future and retire. It's the trendy thing to do lately

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Good for Kenny to get outta NO.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Yup, Brees could take a lesson from Manning on the salary cap issue....

vCash

Brees could take a lesson from Manning on the salary cap issue
    It's his money and his contract, but the criticism will fall on him for this team falling apart because his contract is going to be seen as the salary cap killer that sent Jimmy to Seattle; Curtis Lofton to Oakland and... well, Kenny wasn't a salary cap liability, but I'm sure that Drew could easily get blamed for a young, rising receiver leaving as the franchise quarterback anyways

If the critque gets to him, he can either restructure or take a cut... or go to a warm beach on a far away island away from the Internets

vCash

New Orleans got a bargain with 5 years, 20M per year for Brees. I would LOVE to have been the team paying him that. I doubt that Brees demanded the contract be backloaded. The Saints chose that, and now they can deal with it. Stills wasn't a cap issue, though. He was traded for other reasons.

vCash

The Brees contract is not the only reason the Saints are in the position they are with the salary cap. They've been playing this game of back-loading contracts for several years now trying to win a championship while Brees is relatively young. Last year it came back to bite them, because when they cut the high priced veterans off the defense, it led to a leadership vacuum and very poor performance. The other problem with the Saints is that they really haven't hit big on any recent draft picks outside of Graham.

Oh well, if you look at teams with lots of cap space like Oakland and Tampa, I'd rather be where we've been the last several years than where they've been.

Oh, I forgot about Jalen so there is still one Sooner left on the Saints. Who Dat!