Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Bradford to Philly

Looks like the Eagles are picking up Sam in a trade; sending Nick Foles to St. Louis.

Bradford with Chip Kelly as a coach. I like it.

vCash

Re: Bradford to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Looks like the Eagles are picking up Sam in a trade; sending Nick Foles to St. Louis.

Bradford with Chip Kelly as a coach. I like it.
    Whats the rest of the Team like tho? do they have a Line to protect Sam? Do they have anyone capable of catching what he throws em?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Rams just cut both OTs loose, not that they were all that great. Both teams are kind of a mess really. Also Philly losing top WR and RB. St. Louis has young talented WRs from WVU and another high draft pick to take probably Kevin White or Amari Cooper. But St. Louis really needs to develop an O line first and foremost.

Best thing for Sam is NFC East is a little easier division than NFC West. Eagles, Giants, Cowboys and Washington.

vCash
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Bradford will have Lane Johnson as one OT, so there's that. He also has the OC he had when he was offensive rookie of the year.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Yikes, Philly has gotten rid of their top weapons. Not sure this is any better than St. Louis for Sammy B.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - President John F. Kennedy

vCash

Maybe the Eagles can pick up Murray or Peterson since they both look to be on the market.

vCash

Now reporting that Murray is going to the Eagles. #mindblown

EDIT: apparently that came from a fake Twitter account. Apologies.

vCash

Philly is a brutal place to play. Not a good place for Sam. At all.

vCash

Doesn't make much sense either. Philly supposedly gave up Foles and draft picks to take on Sam's contract? I realize Sam's a top pick, but Foles for Sam is pretty much a wash at this point. Foles actually had a great season just two years ago.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Do they still have the "Judge and court" working the home games there in Philly?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If Philly still had Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy, I would say this is great news. They don't, though.

I don't see this as good news for Sam. Chip Kelly is the only thing to really like about going to the Eagles. This may be part of a bigger play to get Mariota, in which case, Sam would be going to one of the worst teams in the league.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

It all comes down to, can Sam stay healthy? A healthy Bradford is certainly better than Mark Sanchez.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If Philly still had Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy, I would say this is great news. They don't, though.

I don't see this as good news for Sam. Chip Kelly is the only thing to really like about going to the Eagles. This may be part of a bigger play to get Mariota, in which case, Sam would be going to one of the worst teams in the league.
    Yeah there has to be more parts in play than meets the eye. Eagles want Mariota. Doesn't make sense to trade Bradford for Foles unless they trade him for a draft pick. It's just hard to figure out a landing spot for Bradford. Maybe they see Mariota falling to to 6 with the Jets. Have to think about this a bit.

vCash

Guess there is something to the Eagles/Murray thing. And AD is probably available too. "Hey, we're getting the band back together..."

Rams just cut both OTs loose, not that they were all that great. Both teams are kind of a mess really. Also Philly losing top WR and RB. St. Louis has young talented WRs from WVU and another high draft pick to take probably Kevin White or Amari Cooper. But St. Louis really needs to develop an O line first and foremost.

Best thing for Sam is NFC East is a little easier division than NFC West. Eagles, Giants, Cowboys and Washington.
    Not quite true, but not too far off. They released Wells (C) and Davin Joseph (G), and apparently Barksdale (RT) wants to test the free agent market. They still have Robinson (LT) and Saffold (G, and can play RT). All the same, two of five starters are already gone, and a third looking likely to be gone.
    Aries

vCash

Guess there is something to the Eagles/Murray thing. And AD is probably available too. "Hey, we're getting the band back together..."
    Would love for this to be the case... would have to take on a new team to cheer for then. Thank god for fantasy football!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

There's also speculation that should Phillie get Mariota, they would send Sam to Tennessee in some kind of deal. Jake Locker has retired from football so Nashville is in bad QB situation.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I hope he stays healthy

vCash

I'm a little sad to see Sam go, but this is shaping up to be a great deal for us. Not only did we clear over 10M in cap space with this deal, we also added a 2nd rounder next year, and upgraded our 5th rounder to a 4th rounder. I think Sam is the better QB when healthy, but given the low odds of Sam staying healthy, I think it could be pretty easily argued that Foles is worth as much or more. Throw in the extra picks and cap space, and I think this is a no-brainer.

Outside of Chip Kelly, there isn't much to like about this trade from Sam's point of view, but Kelly pushed hard for Bradford, so I think there is something to like here. I mentioned a bigger deal for Mariota, but when factoring in the extra picks and Sam's monstrous contract that nobody else wanted to touch, I just don't see it happening. I think Kelly pushed hard to get Bradford because that's who he wanted. Sounds nice, but we'll see how it plays out.

I don't think the Rams' line is as much of a concern as it's being made out to be. It really wouldn't take much for it to become a strength. Jake Long was cut, but he was hurt most of last year, so it's not really a downgrade, and I'm pretty sure the significant amount of money saved is intended for upgrading the OL. Wells and Joseph are shells of their former selves, so their losses aren't significant either. Barksdale would be the only true loss, but at the end of the day, he was a nobody before our OL coach (one of the best in the NFL) got a hold of him, and we still have that guy. Greg Robinson is going to be a stud, Saffold is a very good and versatile lineman when healthy, there are several good guards in free agency that the Rams are pursuing, and we might draft somebody like Scherff. If we don't draft an OT, it's likely because we drafted White or Cooper, and that's not all bad for our QB, either.