Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Better Call Saul

Well, the long awaited series has come, and several episodes have passed. I like it. It's not as exciting as Breaking Bad, but that's a tough act to follow. we just found out Mike did in the 2 cops who killed his son, in Philly. Saul(Jimmy McGill) just defended him against the 2 detective cops that are investigating Mike in Albuquerque. It will be interesting to see how Mike shakes those 2 detectives.

Of more immediate is how does he deal with the notebook he stole from the younger detective, and also keep Jimmy out of being an accessory to the pickpocketing of that notebook that Mike did on the detective.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Re: Better Call Saul

Anybody watching this show?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Yes. The episode about Mike's past was sorely needed. Saul/Jimmy (Bob Odenkirk) cannot carry this show alone. I'll stick with it and hope it delivers.

Now the show that hit the ground running and three episodes in is great is Last Man on Earth.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Yes. The episode about Mike's past was sorely needed. Saul/Jimmy (Bob Odenkirk) cannot carry this show alone. I'll stick with it and hope it delivers.

Now the show that hit the ground running and three episodes in is great is Last Man on Earth.
    You've seen 3 episodes of that?

vCash

i was fully expecting this show to be awful.

it's really good so far though. pleasantly surprised.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Better Call Saul is great. So is Last Man on Earth but it won't last as long as Saul. I don't know why anyone would have any doubts about Saul. He stole almost every scene he was in during Breaking Bad.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    Better Call Saul is great. So is Last Man on Earth but it won't last as long as Saul. I don't know why anyone would have any doubts about Saul. He stole almost every scene he was in during Breaking Bad.
    WHAT?! (we agree on something!)

vCash

The issue isn't the actor playing Jimmy/Saul but rather can they build enough of a story around him to make it work, with twists so surprising as to keep us guessing as to what will happen next. And the supporting cast must bring it as well.

We know that at some point Jimmy changes his name to Saul and manages to move out of the back room of the salon to open a real office complete with receptionist. They have seemingly revealed how this is possible with the father's storyline. Since there was no father in Breaking Bad (BB), we can assume the old man dies and that is where J/S gets the money to afford a new place. There is also an opening for him to meet Gus through Tuco.

We were always speculating what this character or that would do in BB, often wrongly, so how are they going to surprise us in BCS?

vCash

Elaborate on the father's storyline

vCash

OK, it's his brother not his father but the law firm where he worked before going bat**** crazy pays him a stipend even though he could cash out for big bucks is what I understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    OK, it's his brother not his father but the law firm where he worked before going bat**** crazy pays him a stipend even though he could cash out for big bucks is what I understand.
    you had me worried that I had things on pause, or skipover or some such malfunction.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    WHAT?! (we agree on something!)
    Ha! It was bound to happen.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Great show! Love Bobby Odenkirk. He's great in anything (Mr. Show). Looking forward to more BCS.

vCash

Good episode tonight. Cant wait for this mild mannered lawyer who is trying to do good get pushed over the edge.

vCash

I've a feeling things will not go so well for Chuck McGill, in the not so distant future.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

I love this show. It is my opinion that they are following a similar trajectory to that of Breaking Bad, but with a twist. What we have is a bad guy who is trying to be good. He starts that process and even helps people. (trying to be vague) His good intentions are met with...not the best results.

Walt tried to do the right thing by his family. Bad things ensued.

James is not going to become Heisenberg, but it does demonstrate how actions/reactions in your life can shape things. And not always for the best.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    I love this show. It is my opinion that they are following a similar trajectory to that of Breaking Bad, but with a twist. What we have is a bad guy who is trying to be good. He starts that process and even helps people. (trying to be vague) His good intentions are met with...not the best results.

Walt tried to do the right thing by his family. Bad things ensued.

James is not going to become Heisenberg, but it does demonstrate how actions/reactions in your life can shape things. And not always for the best.
    I actually think James is a good guy but eventually will get tired of seeing no results. That will compel him to little by little let his ethical and moral standards deteriorate.

He's was never that "bad" in breaking bad. He just had no moral compass.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I actually think James is a good guy but eventually will get tired of seeing no results. That will compel him to little by little let his ethical and moral standards deteriorate.

He's was never that "bad" in breaking bad. He just had no moral compass.
    3-31-15 show...WOW! Chuck shows his bad side! Chuck is/was convinced that Jimmy couldn't or wouldn't change to be honorable, but more important than all was that Chuck got a law degree from an acceptable law school, and Jimmy did not. Also, Chuck snuck behind his own brother's back to prevent him from joining the firm, and wasn't straightforward with Jimmy. Chuck is a kind of person who contributes to the negative image of the legal profession.

vCash

Queue the transformation from Jimmy to Saul.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Queue the transformation from Jimmy to Saul.
    Yes, and it will be interesting to see what happens with Chuck...or, maybe they will just drop that subject?