University of Oklahoma President David Boren has banned the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity (SAE) from campus after a racist video was posted Sunday night to the Internet. Members of the fraternity have until midnight to move out of the house. Updated statement attached - DBo pic.twitter.com/xxfiJwCh0P — David Boren (@President_Boren) March 9, 2015 The video, which shows members of the fraternity drunkenly singing a racially-charged chant, earned national attention and prompted protests on the Norman campus, including a stand by Oklahoma’s football players and coach Bob Stoops. Overall, more than 100 athletes gathered in a circle in front of the Barry Switzer statue at the stadium complex, and football player Ty Darlington led the group in a prayer. Basketball coach Lon Kruger also joined the silent protest. Bob Stoops stands with his players at OU South Oval demonstration. #Sooners pic.twitter.com/QS7Al3wt6Q — Guerin Emig (@GuerinEmig) March 9, 2015 Circle of OU athletes, coaches just outside Owen Field, led in prayer by #Sooners center Ty Darlington. pic.twitter.com/nR1BdEIcsg — Guerin Emig (@GuerinEmig) March 9, 2015 "It’s sad the ignorance that can still be there with some people. It’s just appalling," Stoops told the Tulsa World . "I was here to be with my guys. We all work with beautiful young men and women of all races. It’s just, you know, very little gets me choked up. But that hurt." When the video surfaced Sunday, several former and current Oklahoma players took to Twitter to express their disgust. It's sad that it's 2015 and stuff like this is still happening! http://t.co/WfLcX9AQxr — Sterling Shepard (@sterl_shep3) March 9, 2015 Ive seen the video "supposedly" from my Alma Mater. Regardless of the school the act is just saddening. But it's the harsh reality of today. — Gerald McCoy (@Geraldini93) March 9, 2015 Crazy cause after the games they welcome us through their doors with open arms.. — Ramon Seguro (@OgboOkoronkwo) March 9, 2015 Websites TotalFratMove.com and Complex.com were the first to post the video, which was described as being “recorded by an occupant aboard what appears to be a chartered bus full of Sigma Alpha Epsilon members from the University of Oklahoma.” The following video is not safe for work: Complex.com did transcribe the video in case it was ultimately deleted from the Internet. Brad Cohen, the fraternity’s national president, released a statement supporting the closure of the chapter. “I was not only shocked and disappointed but disgusted by the outright display of racism displayed in the video,” Cohen said. “SAE is a diverse organization, and we have zero tolerance for racism or any bad behavior. When we learned about this incident, I called an immediate board meeting, and we determined with no mental reservation whatsoever that this chapter needed to be closed immediately. I am proud of my fellow board members because we mean what we say.” For more Oklahoma news, visit SoonerScoop.com . - - - - - - - Graham Watson is the editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter! Follow @YahooDrSaturday And don’t forget to keep up with all of Graham’s thoughts, witty comments and college football discussions on Facebook

More...