Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Netanyahu speech to Congress disrepectul and racist!!!

Non-intervention - No allies. Wars = self-defense. Retain diplomacy.

Isolationism - Keep all affairs of other countries at at distance (Anti-immigration, economic nationalism/protectionism, etc.)

You can thank the googles.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Anyone noticed that Israel has been left alone during this latest crisis in the Middle East ?

Those ISIS terrorists don't want to incur the wrath of the Israelis.

BTW, why is it that Saudi Arabia hasn't been affected ? Are they supplying aid to ISIS ?

5-0
    No, from what little Ive read they backing Bibi !
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Sorry, but there is NOTHING in Obama's background that would give me any confidence that he can deal with the ME crisis. Further, there is nothing in his background that would ever allow me to give my blessing to my son to join the military with him as CIC. He is a lightweight and he is out of his depth.
    He does not want to win against the ISIS he is part of it!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    The 7 Days War was some time ago.
    Are we supposed to subsidize their defense in perpetuity
    ? Now, it is a reasonable argument to point out we have likely already stopped them from taking out Iran's nuclear program -- a move that Israel is perfectly entitled to take. At some point, we need to stop doubling down on past mistakes.
    Yes we Should. Son I love ya but you need to get ya some LIFE experience and quit being a Dayum Politician wannbe!
    We Created Israel We Need to do what it takes to Defend it!
    Best I can understand is Israel DOES NOT WANT TO WIPE IRAN OFF THE MAP! Cant say that in reverse. I never Played in the sand But I did play in the rice . Grow Up , realize that Men and women die because idiots that WANNBE politicians are Making the ****ing decisions .
    Oh **** I said i wernt gonna argue anymore yet here I am

Give Israel Anything and Every thing they Need , then GTF out their way!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

So you are okay with Israel doing whatever they need to do to protect themselves after we leave them isolated and alone?

I guess I missed that announcement. Exactly when is this gonna happen ?

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post

Give Israel Anything and Every thing they Need , then GTF out their way!

I thought we gave them the technology to build nukes.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

I thought we gave them the technology to build nukes.

5-0
    May have but Just like Most LIBs you see what ya want
    Ya MISSED the Part of GTF out their WAY dint ya!?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Don't give me that isolationist crap. You're better and smarter than to repeat that nonsense. Rand Paul is not an isolationist. There are no isolationists in the United States, to my knowledge, and certainly none in government. Rand Paul leans toward non-interventionism while his father is fully non-interventionist.

What "isolationism" really means to the neoconservatives who repeat that lie is that non-interventionists oppose military adventurism. It's ironic to me that the same people who claim Paul is an "isolationist" are the same people who want to retain the Cuban embargo and isolate Iran.
    I didn't say Rand Paul was an isolationist. I said you were. Rand Paul has some isloationist tendencies but he is pramatic about it. I cannot see Rand Paul developing the level of antagonism with Israel's leader that the current Toddler-in-Chief has. Rand may disagree with Israel on issues but I guarantee you he would keep them out of the public's view and would not undercut Israel on the national stage. Obama's insistence on doing so only encourages Israel's enemies to not negotiate.

BTW, do you agree that Israel should not negotiate with any country or political entity that hasn't agreed to their right to exist?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I guess I missed that announcement. Exactly when is this gonna happen ?

5-0
    It is just a theoretical question if we abandon Israel like Sic'em proposes.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I didn't say Rand Paul was an isolationist. I said you were. Rand Paul has some isloationist tendencies but he is pramatic about it. I cannot see Rand Paul developing the level of antagonism with Israel's leader that the current Toddler-in-Chief has. Rand may disagree with Israel on issues but I guarantee you he would keep them out of the public's view and would not undercut Israel on the national stage. Obama's insistence on doing so only encourages Israel's enemies to not negotiate.

BTW, do you agree that Israel should not negotiate with any country or political entity that hasn't agreed to their right to exist?
    NON-INTERVENTIONIST!!!

Dude, I googled it for you...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    May have but Just like Most LIBs you see what ya want
    Ya MISSED the Part of GTF out their WAY dint ya!?

I think Nyet and Yahoo missed that part as well.

He's begging us to stick our nose right back in it.

Did you miss that part of his speech ?

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    NON-INTERVENTIONIST!!!

Dude, I googled it for you...
    I realize the difference between a non-interventionist and an isolationist...thank you very much. I consider anybody who wants to have no foreign alliances an isolationist. If you simply do not want to engage in military action unless you or your allies are attacked then the term non-interventionist would be the more appropriate label.

Telling Israel they are on their own is being an isolationist or, in Obama's case, an anti-semite. Not sending troops to the ME when Israel is not under direct military attack but making sure that we would if they were is acting as a non-interventionist. I do think the alliances need to be formal agreements approved by the Senate....none of these informal agreements that Bush used in Iraq and Obama used in Libya.

vCash

I think Nyet and Yahoo missed that part as well.

He's begging us to stick our nose right back in it.

Did you miss that part of his speech ?

5-0
    Unlike Most of You Idiots I really DGAF about politics. I just like to Poke those who do with a Sharp stick

vCash

Carry on.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

I realize the difference between a non-interventionist and an isolationist...thank you very much.
    I don't think you do...

I consider anybody who wants to have no foreign alliances an isolationist. If you simply do not want to engage in military action unless you or your allies are attacked then the term non-interventionist would be the more appropriate label.
    Isolationism and non-interventionism are basically interchangeable when it comes to the military. Isolationism goes beyond military, though, and extends to migration, free trade, etc. Sic Em isn't saying to avoid as much diplomacy as possible with other countries.

I suppose you can keep calling him an isolationist if you want, but that's not the correct term.